Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 10:32 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Team Red only focuses on the taxation part of desirable places. The government is simply raping people who want to live in those desirable places. It's without pride or prejudice. That's what the government does: rape.

The fact remains people want to live in L.A. or San Francisco or NYC because of intangibles that can't be duplicated. Supply and demand, with or without government raping, would/still comes in to play.

There's only one Malibu. There are a few hundred/possibly thousands of Daytons.
And, factor in those who would never leave no matter the cost of remaining. I have family in Ca. and NYC. If I were to offer them 5 million dollars to move to Texas they would laugh out loud and tell me to save the money for their kids.

My sil pays 6000 a month for a rent stabilized apartment. But up the street low income people can still buy in one of those buildings that the city financed for the renters to purchase their apartment for 250 bucks. All you need is some cash and limited annual income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 10:38 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
NY and CA are losing population and seen as unsustainable to the middle class.and seem to be self sorting into the very rich and very poor, utilizing generous welfare in the states.

Businneses are opting not to be in either state and they still raise taxes for more government actions.

What's the long term outlook here? How can these states continue?
They will infect other states like a spreading cancer.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,867,464 times
People will run out of places to escape as Libs continue their infestation of the remaining desirable cities in this country.

Once there’s no place left to go except desolate areas with terrible climates, these migrations will subside and most people will have no choice but to live with the consequences of liberal policy.

CA will at least still have nice weather.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:50 AM

1,086 posts, read 442,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Team Red only focuses on the taxation part of desirable places. The government is simply raping people who want to live in those desirable places. It's without pride or prejudice. That's what the government does: rape.

The fact remains people want to live in L.A. or San Francisco or NYC because of intangibles that can't be duplicated. Supply and demand, with or without government raping, would/still comes in to play.

There's only one Malibu. There are a few hundred/possibly thousands of Daytons.
How many people live in Malibu? 12,000 people?

How many people live in Stockton, Fresno, Bakersfield, Salinas, Moreno Valley, Hawthorne? There is a reason California has the biggest secession movement in the country, the proposed State of Jefferson. Taxes and representation.

Upstate NY and Manhattan quite different in terms of prosperity as well.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:00 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Eventually they will, its only a matter of time. The thing is the same is true of the u.s. as a whole, sooner or later that National Debt will have to be faced. Fortunately for most of us here I think its going to be decades and take place when a lot of us are gone. Now for those with children and grandchildren I hope you enjoyed all those Government Programs which they will have to face the repercussions for.
I feel Arizona will be first because of how low taxes are and how much don't go to the schools. The schools are largely state based with some bonds and overrides locally. Many districts have problems keeping staff, keeping buses ready to go and keeping schools open due to structural issues and maintenance upkeep that can't be kept up with. The state is proud about the rainy day fund, but little is done to improve school performance and per-pupil spending.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:07 AM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times
Unlikely. California has one of the lower state tax levels in the country. The New York tax level is only slightly higher than Nebraska and Kansas, two red states.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:08 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
NY and CA are losing population and seen as unsustainable to the middle class.and seem to be self sorting into the very rich and very poor, utilizing generous welfare in the states.

Businneses are opting not to be in either state and they still raise taxes for more government actions.

Yes NYC and CA are turning into over taxed crapholes for the rich with potholes in the road and most of the money going to the corrupt union bosses and the LIBS running the school systems.........but there's a secret most don't know and they should..............

To all the ones who think they are putting out a message by leaving in a huff.......here's the secret.......

THE LIBERAL ELiTES COuLD CARE LESS!.....they would be happy if half the state of CA got up and left........so there ya have it.......they want you and I to leave, the sooner the better.......

Old 11-24-2019, 11:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
How many people live in Malibu? 12,000 people?

How many people live in Stockton, Fresno, Bakersfield, Salinas, Moreno Valley, Hawthorne? There is a reason California has the biggest secession movement in the country, the proposed State of Jefferson. Taxes and representation.

Upstate NY and Manhattan quite different in terms of prosperity as well.
And many people leave California not exactly for taxation but cost of living in general. Conservatives only look at the taxation and not the cost itself and income not keeping up or moving the costs up.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/grow...te-survey.html
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/cali...ing-state.html
https://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/...rom-california

Old 11-24-2019, 11:11 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Any minute now. We'll come running to Wisconsin and plead at the feet of Scott Walker, in the hope that he'll guide us to happiness and prosperity the Foxconn way. Altars to Ayn Rand will be erected, and burnt offerings will be offered up daily.

You'll be SO vindicated, OP.

Or not. I'll keep on living my solid middle class life in CA. And if you'll excuse, me, I think it's time for a run on the beach. 66 degrees in that weird system all y'all are using, should be pleasant.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:14 AM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:

NY is full of illegals who get welfare saying the language barrier keeps them from earning money. Yes, they get welfare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies