Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 11:42 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is a test of whether our Constitutional system of government will stand.

Trump started violating the emoluments clause of the the Constitution the day he was sworn in.

He'd already violated federal election laws with the Stormy businesses for which Cohen is now in prison.

His Muslim ban was slapped back by the courts. His fraud of a university ended up with him paying out $25 million. He just lost the case having to do with his fraud of a foundation.

His political advisor Roger Stone is facing prison, in part for lying about a conspiracy with WikiLeaks over Russian-hacked DNC emails.

His National Security Advisor apparently was an agent of a foreign government.

Then there is this bribery and extortion scam he and Giuliani cooked up.

Witness intimidation, obstruction of justice, ...

Good grief. Trump makes Stringer Bell look like an upstanding citizen.

No wonder half the country is tired of it and fine with his impeachment and removal from office.
And in addition his former campaign chairman and his former personal attorney have already been sent to prison.

His current personal attorney could also be looking at charges himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 11:44 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rump-6957.html
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rump-6956.html

We now know the recent Emerson poll was an outlier.

Two new polls have support for removal at 50%.

There’s been some discussion that maybe Dems would back off impeachment if more polls showed support slipping. That doesn’t seem to be the trend.
I would be shocked if the support is less than 50%. Hell, half of the People didn’t vote for him and have been crying ever since and would love to see Trump ousted in anyway possible including but not limited to coup and assassination.

This county has Zero hope with people like this.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:45 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
We've never had a POTUS this unfit for the office. Of course most of the coverage will be negative.
Au contraire.

John Adams was described as "totally insane" by his Secretary of War, and he signed the Alien and Sedition Acts into law. Feel free to peruse Chapter LXXIV, Section 2 of that law, pertaining to what constituted "libel against the government." And he was the "good" Adams...

John Q. Adams was a trainwreck of a president, and even more thin skinned and volatile than his dad or Trump.

Tyler was easily the most obnoxious whoremonger to ever be President (yes, look it up, he was worse than Trump on Trump's worst day on secret mic).

...and no list of people with no business being President would be complete without Wilson, Grant, Jackson, Buchanan and Carter.

I'd venture the guess that on a "prepared for being and fit to be the boss CEO of America" scale, Trump doesn't even make into the bottom half. At least half our Presidents were less fit for the job than Trump. Absolutely.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:46 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
It's too bad that cretins like the Bidens, Hillary, and Obama aren't or weren't held to the same level of scrutiny that Trump is.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Of course you think they’re lying, because they’re telling the truth. trump & trump supporters live in that alternate world where lies are truth & truth are lies.
I'm not a Trump supporter to any degree whatsoever. I hate the entire government top to bottom.

Still doesn't mean a uniform is some magic shield against being a liar.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:54 AM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
He may very well be impeached by the House--but a major strategy mistake by the Democrats.

He will never be removed from office, despite never Trump despising folks.

I think the Democrats face an uphill battle to unseat Trump in 2020. What Democrat can take him on? This economy is too good as well, so gonna be a tough task.
It's important to support the Constitution and our checks-and-balances system of co-equal branches of government. The senate can ignore what the House of Representatives chooses to do, but this will be important down the road.

Character is measured by what you do when no one is watching or the end result is already known. Doing the right thing is important.

I don't care about the 2020 race, the democrats, the Bidens, Trump, whatever. The right thing to do is to impeach this president, even though he won't be removed.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Oh no, again for sure it is the right thing to do.

Trump compromised our national security and relationship with an ally to send his henchmen to dig up political dirt for himself. It was disgusting and beneath the office of POTUS.

If any of this had happened 50 years ago, when the memories of WWII were fresh, Trump would have been ran out office on a rail. The values in this country have changed enormously since then.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
If any of this had happened 50 years ago, when the memories of WWII were fresh, Trump would have been ran out office on a rail. The values in this country have changed enormously since then.
Of course...because the culture that cheered as we vaporized two cities in the greatest acts of terror in the history of the planet were far more enlightened about proper etiquette.

Ah, memories of WW2....like the idyllic memories of putting Japanese Americans into interment camps, the Biscari massacre, countless rapes of German women by US troops, the firebombing of Dresden. Yes, surely people with those fresh memories would be simply aghast because Trump GAVE AID to Ukraine and got exactly nothing in return. Oh, the pearl clutching....

Old 11-26-2019, 12:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I wore a uniform for 10 years. I have my share of combat ribbons. In those 10 years, I knew countless liars, scumbags, wastrels, and morons. A uniform means dick-all as a measure of character or trustworthiness.

I cannot stand that bromide that gets trotted out whenever it is politically convenient. Yeah, Vindman is a liar. 30 seconds of video tells you that. So what if he wears a uniform and has a rank?
I followed Kyle's story somewhat closely as it intrigued me...especially the sidebar with Jesse Ventura.

He's the textbook example of what happens when the State infuses its own delusions of grandeur onto one of its "heroes".

I'm sure he had a few screws loose prior to his rise to fame but the State, along with its partner in crime - the MSM, really did a number on this guy's ego.

If you're in the good graces of the omnipotent ones there's no telling how high and mighty you'l become...in your own mind.

Vindman is cut from the same cloth. His body language, demeanor, etc scream it.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:14 PM

923 posts, read 495,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It's too bad that cretins like the Bidens, Hillary, and Obama aren't or weren't held to the same level of scrutiny that Trump is.

They will be ...one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies