Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 01:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Maybe true, maybe not. All I can say is what I see happening in my state. New commercial construction everywhere, new residential construction everywhere. Most of the people I know are either in the manufacturing industry or construction trades and all are doing great..
Does Trump do a lot of building in your state?

What I am saying is not "maybe true". It is all factual and can be looked up.

What you are saying is anecdotal and, in fact, it is NOT true on a nationwide basis where Manufacturing, Real Estate, the Stock Market and many other indicators are not doing well.

I'm happy that you are in a hot spot...but that has zero to do with anything.

I live in MA. and the boom in life sciences here and very high paying jobs and building is massive.....has nothing to do with Trump, of course. It has to do with educated people and a culture and infrastructure that supports these high wage industries.

You have to learn how to separate out anecdote from actual metrics and statistics. You don't mention things like Trump doubling the deficit (for 10 years into the future also!) and his lack of addressing our 3 Trillion dollar per year health care costs. These are big National Issues and, in the end, will hurt most everyone.

Sure, there are always some people somewhere who are doing great. But, as one example, 46% of Floridians are not making it (even tho they are working). Those types of stats means a lot more than a regional boomlet here and there.

Putting it another way, if we had NO person sitting in the Oval Office, I think things would be much better.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:46 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It astonishes me that people think Trump will be revered in history. The entire world mocks us for electing such an idiot to lead the country. He has done nothing notable whatsoever. We've seen nations mock him, and now leaders from around the country mock him.

Is he crucified in the media? Absolutely, sometimes even unfairly. However, he deals with it like a toddler.

Any time President Obama was mocked by Fox News, he ignored it or responded with grace. That is what a leader does.

Some people are incredibly stupid with little propensity for rational thought. Unfortunately for America, there are millions of them strategically placed in certain states where they can help unleash maximum harm to the nation.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:47 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It astonishes me that people think Trump will be revered in history. The entire world mocks us for electing such an idiot to lead the country. He has done nothing notable whatsoever. We've seen nations mock him, and now leaders from around the country mock him.

Is he crucified in the media? Absolutely, sometimes even unfairly. However, he deals with it like a toddler.

Any time President Obama was mocked by Fox News, he ignored it or responded with grace. That is what a leader does.

The entire world was in love with Hitler, until he unleashed the Blitzkrieg on Europe.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:50 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I live in MA. and the boom in life sciences here and very high paying jobs and building is massive.....has nothing to do with Trump, of course. It has to do with educated people and a culture and infrastructure that supports these high wage industries.

But, do you realize that the driver behind that boom is corporate tax rates that are actually somewhat competitive with the rest of the world?

Old 12-05-2019, 01:54 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Does Trump do a lot of building in your state?

What I am saying is not "maybe true". It is all factual and can be looked up.

What you are saying is anecdotal and, in fact, it is NOT true on a nationwide basis where Manufacturing, Real Estate, the Stock Market and many other indicators are not doing well.

I'm happy that you are in a hot spot...but that has zero to do with anything.

You have to learn how to separate out anecdote from actual metrics and statistics. You don't mention things like Trump doubling the deficit (for 10 years into the future also!) and his lack of addressing our 3 Trillion dollar per year health care costs. These are big National Issues and, in the end, will hurt most everyone.

Sure, there are always some people somewhere who are doing great. But, as one example, 46% of Floridians are not making it (even tho they are working). Those types of stats means a lot more than a regional boomlet here and there.

Putting it another way, if we had NO person sitting in the Oval Office, I think things would be much better.
We will never agree on this. And I could post link after link backing up what I say, but I won't. You will just post link after link refuting mine. If you knew Michigan, and how much is was gutted since '08, and to see it turned around and thriving again, it's hard not to believe that both corporate and consumer confidence is high due to our current administration.
Your mind is set, just like when you were proven wrong on another thread about China. It is what it is. I know my mind won't change, and I'll vote GOP in 2020 and again after that, well unless the Libertarian party actually becomes viable.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:05 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The coup against this President will make President Trump the most remembered, most important, and Best President in Modern History.

The Democrats will go into history as criminal whiners, FBI and DOJ will be tarnished for decades under the coup the top tried to pull on a duly elected President.

President Trump will be elected in 2020 and by more electoral votes than in 2016!

MAGA MAGA MAGA!
And second place for entertaining threads...

Old 12-05-2019, 02:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I voted for him and realize he will go down as one of the most hated , even if it isn't justified. All the positive things he's done will be forgotten. As time goes on, people will probably forget why they hated him so much, they will just hate. It's a shame really.
No, why people hated him won't be forgotten. He's hated all over the world. That is exactly what people will remember him for.

What positive things has trump done? The only thing I know of is making animal abuse a federal crime.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:39 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The coup against this President will make President Trump the most remembered, most important, and Best President in Modern History.

The Democrats will go into history as criminal whiners, FBI and DOJ will be tarnished for decades under the coup the top tried to pull on a duly elected President.

President Trump will be elected in 2020 and by more electoral votes than in 2016!

MAGA MAGA MAGA!
Ah yes, another "feel good" thread by Trump voters. Zero facts, 100% opinion. Full of insults and false information.

Sounds like Trump

You have such an angry and aggressive vibe to you.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
King George - threatened to massacre farmers in Pittsburgh for not paying tribute to his throne, owned slaves, sided with Hamilton on a centralized bank

Lincoln - first federal income tax, murdered 620,00 men, created the Dept. of Ag

JFK - government health care for all, started involvement in Vietnam, expanded the federal guv with his "New Frontier" vision.

Yeah, some real winners up there.

Sure, add the Orange Man to the list of megalomaniacs.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:47 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Trump is aiming to be the most influential politician since Julius Caesar. Julius destroyed the Roman Republic, Trump wants to do the same to the American Republic. The only open question is if he will get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies