Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 03:57 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I have yet to hear of a single American voter who claims "l was a hillary supporting democrat but changed to a trump supporting republican after reading stuff on facebook."

It didnt happen. The candidates were too polarized. People dont change their ideology like that.

Just try to get someone to change their political party arguing with them on a message board. Ridiculous!

You people have these imaginary voters you propose were easily swayed because theyre so stupid and youre so smart.
Produce them.
The commies are really good at getting people to switch their political positions. They're so good at it that nobody's been able to get those millions of people to switch back after years of trying.

As for the rest of us there's a rumor that back in 2009 someone on City Data actually changed his political position as a result of the tireless efforts of fellow City Data posters but no one has ever actually been able to identify this person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 10:17 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You just read about Pizzagate??????? Now I know you're full of pre-chewed beans.
You'd been better off trying to Say Stormy Daniels was never connected to Russia interference.

You're just Trolling for Trumpsters.

Goodbye.
More about the fake news propaganda /comspiracy theory "PIZZAGATE" here...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizz...spiracy_theory

Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,088,896 times
Remind me again, who was at the head of the federal government when all this malfeasance occurred? What an incompetent boob. And the director of the FBI? That guy definitely needed to be fired ASAP.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:31 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Please, don’t make it about Clinton or Trump.
I just want to understand the mechanism of a foreign government’s interference- how was it done?

Did they add fake voters?
Did they send a malware into our systems?
Did they damage our computers which affected the votes count?
What else?
The actual established facts of interference?
Do we think that if not for Russia the results of the elections would be different in 2016?

As a voter I make my own decisions which I believe is the best for the country and I have trouble understanding how a foreign country can affect my vote that I cast unless they made my vote not count somehow?

Any other examples of foreign governments interfering in elections in our history?
Did we take precautions to avoid such interferences in 2020?
Thank you.

There are 17 intelligence agencies under the United States Government. 15 of the 17 directors of those intelligence agencies, each director with decades and decades of intelligence and military experience, testified before congress that Russia did interfere with our 2016 election.

Here is the Wikipedia page for the Russian interference report and all supporting evidence. Dozens and dozens of links to information, if you want it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...ates_elections

/endthread

Old 12-07-2019, 10:43 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
There are 17 intelligence agencies under the United States Government. 15 of the 17 directors of those intelligence agencies, each director with decades and decades of intelligence and military experience, testified before congress that Russia did interfere with our 2016 election.

Here is the Wikipedia page for the Russian interference report and all supporting evidence. Dozens and dozens of links to information, if you want it:

/endthread
Yes like they always have

That does not mean they changed any votes

Old 12-07-2019, 10:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Please, don’t make it about Clinton or Trump.
I just want to understand the mechanism of a foreign government’s interference- how was it done?

Did they add fake voters?
Did they send a malware into our systems?
Did they damage our computers which affected the votes count?
What else?
The actual established facts of interference?
Do we think that if not for Russia the results of the elections would be different in 2016?

As a voter I make my own decisions which I believe is the best for the country and I have trouble understanding how a foreign country can affect my vote that I cast unless they made my vote not count somehow?

Any other examples of foreign governments interfering in elections in our history?
Did we take precautions to avoid such interferences in 2020?
Thank you.
If I was truly interested in the findings of how Russia tried to influence our election, first place I WOULD NOT look us at a political message board. Online is full of sources for all kinds of reports, analysis, etc. of what happened.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:54 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

/endthread
Even if all that stuff is true (which is doubtful), there's still no interference. That alleged activity had no effect on anything.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:31 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
The fake news propaganda/conspiracy theory unsuccessfully trying to show Obama as a NON US citizen here...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bara...f_Barack_Obama

Old 12-07-2019, 01:38 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
They hacked email accounts and released embarrassing emails.
Their email servers were not hacked, they fell for phishing emails. That is the fault of the DNC and Podesta. The FBI found that the RNC's email service was also the victim of those phishing attacks, but their malware product caught the emails and rejected them.

Besides, that was not interfering in the elections, it was interference in their political campaigns. Every political campaign releases dirt to embarrass their opponents with, we never call that election interference.

Last edited by Wapasha; 12-07-2019 at 01:57 PM..

Old 12-07-2019, 01:41 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
More about the fake news propaganda /comspiracy theory "PIZZAGATE" here...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizz...spiracy_theory

Pretty much no one took "pizzagate" seriously, except hard core far right, anti Obama, anti Clinton partisan hacks. These same people insist Obama was not born in the USA to this day. These people were never, ever going to vote for Clinton, under any circumstances. The only possible way to get these people to vote for Clinton would be to pay them a very large sum of money in exchange for their vote. No amount of money spent on campaigns and commercials would ever convince them to vote for Clinton, or just about any democrat.

This reminds me of the "tan suit scandal" that one leftist poster keeps bringing up. They claim that right wing folks were all up in arms over a tan suit Obama decided to sport, but most people never saw this until Obama was out of office. There are plenty of hoaxes, scandals and what not, but it doesn't mean they were all taken seriously. The public is not as stupid and gullible as lefties claim, although some of them certainly are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies