Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 11:18 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Let me give you some insight... I’m in the Supply Chain business. During Obama’s term it was liking pulling teeth to get any business. Half our warehouse (over 100k sq ft) was always empty. The day Trump won the election it was like the faucet turned on. Companies were breathing a sigh of relief that Hillary wasn’t going into office. This year we had to expand 3 times our previous size. THREE TIMES!

If you don’t think a President has an effect on the economy then you need to get out in the real world. Trump has rocked it these past 4 years. That would have NEVER happened under Hillary. Thank you Trump!
Funny. ALL 45 of my clients (Business owners with sales anywhere from $2M up to $200M year) have stated the exact same thing.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Anyone who knows much about economics would know that the president has very little to do with the economy. One man can't control the economy. The fed has more control than anyone. Of course your average american is too stupid to know this, so it turns into a voting issue.
Nobody (but you) said "control". But the economy does respond to government programs, many of which are initiated by the President.

Of course, your average American is too stupid to know this, so it turns into a voting issue.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:20 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....that is classic debate methodology on your part. You obviously was a star on your high school debate team.
Your comment wasn’t even worth a debate...it was truly that bad.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:22 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Good number....but where is the wage growth...that's been fueling these populist politics for the past couple of decades
I guess you missed this part:

Leisure and hospitality increased by 45,000 and professional and business services rose by 31,000; the two sectors respectively are up 219,000 and 278,000 over the past 12 months. Wage gains also were a touch better than expectations.

Average hourly earnings rose by 3.1% from a year ago
, while the average workweek held steady at 34.4 hours.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:23 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Your comment wasn’t even worth a debate...it was truly that bad.

The left hasn't been debating. They have been throwing out one sentence insults and declaring themselves victorious as they go about their miserable pathetic lives watching others obtain success through hard work, while they continue to mock them and hope for the economy to crash. It's sad that we still have so many who refuse to embrace prosperity, but their loss, not my problem.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:23 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Let me give you some insight... I’m in the Supply Chain business. During Obama’s term it was liking pulling teeth to get any business. Half our warehouse (over 100k sq ft) was always empty. The day Trump won the election it was like the faucet turned on. Companies were breathing a sigh of relief that Hillary wasn’t going into office. This year we had to expand 3 times our previous size. THREE TIMES!

If you don’t think a President has an effect on the economy then you need to get out in the real world. Trump has rocked it these past 4 years. That would have NEVER happened under Hillary. Thank you Trump!
We were coming off the worst global financial meltdown anybody on this board will hopefully ever remember....BOTH....parties contributed to that disaster and we are still feeling it's effects in pockets of the economy. The "Trump came in and saved the Day" is complete utter cow manure. Be thankful we had Bernanke.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I guess you missed this part:

Leisure and hospitality increased by 45,000 and professional and business services rose by 31,000; the two sectors respectively are up 219,000 and 278,000 over the past 12 months. Wage gains also were a touch better than expectations.

Average hourly earnings rose by 3.1% from a year ago
, while the average workweek held steady at 34.4 hours.
If you look at my post....I said it was good report.....except wage growth is standing out like a sore thumb.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:26 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
We were coming off the worst golbal financial meltdown anybody on this board will hopefully ever remember....BOTH....parties contributed to that disaster and we are still feeling it's effects in pockets of the economy. The "Trump came in and saved the Day" is complete utter cow manure. Be thankful we had Bernanke.

Bernanke fueled wealth inequality to new heights via quantitative easing. The Obama years were nothing but a massive wealth transfer from the bottom 80% to the top. Not something the left should be proud of. Obama was the orchestrator of the greatest wealth transfer ever seen in the history of mankind. As usual, the left creates a problem, but instead of working to solve the problem, they figured out how to profit off the suffering of others. Following in the foot steps of their hero George Soros.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:27 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:

Your point goes to my point about optics. It's not that Trump is bringing killer policies to the table, its that he is boosting confidence in the business community and with consumers. Part of that confidence boost come simply from the restoration of the "thrown" back to white males. The other part likely comes from the fact that his background is as a businessmen.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Bernanke fueled wealth inequality to new heights via quantitative easing. The Obama years were nothing but a massive wealth transfer from the bottom 80% to the top. Not something the left should be proud of. Obama was the orchestrator of the greatest wealth transfer ever seen in the history of mankind.
What other choice did he have....the credit markets were frozen the day he took office....was that his fault? He did do the most the important aspect of his job and that was calm the markets by delegating to people who knew how serious the problem was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies