Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 07:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,888,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
In case you missed the news, there are no longer any differences between men and women. At least that's what the people you vote for would have us believe.
Most women I know who aren't total feminist nut jobs had pregnancies and never described it or giving birth as some great burden and are anti-abortion. Feminist are just selfish and dishonest people.

Honestly I don't care if women abort all the children although I don't want to play a part in it. I just don't want the population replaced with foreigners lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 07:57 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,618,761 times
Abortions, and the people who don't see any moral issue with them, are inconsistent with my values. If an abortion were simply an expulsion of unwanted cells, like someone sneezing, there wouldn't be laws in effect that made assaulting a pregnant woman a more severe crime, even including a felony of murder of an unborn child in some states.

What I'm unclear on is if this law is actually going to accomplish what pro-life people say they support, which is to not have an unborn baby aborted. Has this type of program been proven effective or is it just a way to feel good, or to punish women who have an abortion (or seriously contemplate it)? Or do the women still end up getting an abortion but then end up with other personal problems (depression, drug abuse, etc.) which then become societal problems? And what about a woman who is hearing impaired who couldn't hear the heartbeat anyway?

Just like some others have said, I'm not only for the life of an unborn child, but also supporting a culture of life among people who have been born.

I'm all for eliminating abortions or the need for abortions, but I question how effective this is?

Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sure. Just as soon as he does half of the work to carry and deliver the resulting offspring. When his body, and health are on the line then he can have a say in the issue.
The father should of course have a say given it is the body and health of his son or daughter that is actually in peril. Just as he would have a say once his son or daughter has travelled a few further inches.

Of course he should then be held responsible for the future care and well being of the child.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
This just in, GOP endorses sadism..
This just in, liberals endorse women spreading their legs indiscriminately regardless of the consequences.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:11 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,362 times
This law will have next to no impact. It may save one or two lives per year but is not a significant step toward the goals of the pro-life cause.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:24 PM

35,742 posts, read 21,100,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This just in, liberals endorse women spreading their legs indiscriminately regardless of the consequences.
And conserved have a problem with keeping it in ...... never mind

Old 12-10-2019, 09:00 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,974 times
The answer should always be to force men to pay for those they impregnate since the goal here is taking all control away from women. If men cannot be held responsible and forced to pay, then women should not be forced into anything either.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
In case you missed the news, there are no longer any differences between men and women. At least that's what the people you vote for would have us believe.
Great! that means that if men want to have a baby they can get pregnant and deliver themselves, and mind their own business when it comes to womens medical decisions.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Look if pregnancy is supposedly such an overwhelming burden surpassing all other burdens, then don't get pregnant with a pregnancy one doesn't even want. Some women act like being a man is so easy and children aren't a burden on them. It's just feminist horsecrap.
Exactly how many pregnancies and births have you gone through? Until you have done it for yourself you can't lecture me on how it feel or what it does to a womans body.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,888,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Exactly how many pregnancies and births have you gone through? Until you have done it for yourself you can't lecture me on how it feel or what it does to a womans body.
So never get pregnant then if its so horrible for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies