Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 11:11 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,870,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The US has pockets of violent crime. Overall, violence has been falling.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...-still-falling
It certainly does run the gammut. States like Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Vermont have similar homicide rates to Western Europe and countries like Japan and China.

There are many cities across the country though that have some of world's highest homicide rates.

Crime has gone down in cities like NYC and LA since the 1990s.

There do seem to be many more cities lately that are near all-time records on homicide which was not the case in 2000 or 2010.

They cook the books a tremendous amount these days. Amazing, how so many homicides that are reported on the news are considered justified or reclassified to make the numbers look good.

The homicide rates spiked in the late 1980s and early 1990s. They were not a high level though the 20th century, there was a spike around that time and the rates in many cities decreased since then.

Even with cooking the books though the homicide rates have been increasing since early 2010s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 11:19 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,221,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
We are all entitled to our opinion. It's party that but in general it is under the unbrella of the extreme moral rot in America that isn't going on in South Korea or Japan.

It can't be good that there are millions and millions of American men who are spending 40+ hours a week playing video games.

It's not the video games in moderation, it is that in America there is a tremendous amount of alienation. Millions of men in their 20s and 30s playing video games 40+ hours a week because of alienation and boredom is not a good for society.

There are many alienated people out there where that has become there life in America. I have read articles that people play video games on streams for 24+ hours.

Japan and South Korea while I am haven't been there are likely morally different. They don't have a terminal stage 4 moral cancer like America does.
This same thing is going on in East Asian countries. They are gamers that play so much, that they end up wearing diapers so they don’t have to take bathroom breaks. If you think this is just an American phenomenon then you are misinformed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32996009

Old 12-11-2019, 11:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well, well, well...the New Jersey "WHITE SUPREMACISTS" (as Joy Behar just referred to them) that shot up the Jews were....wait for it...BLACK.

Huh. I didn't know "Black Israelites" were also "white supremacists", Joy.
This is a movement formed more than 100 years ago based on “ revelations” that black people are the true ancient Israelites banished to Africa and sold as slaves by local tribes.

Several things make this Shooting unusual:

What the shooters were doing in the cemetery when approached by the detective?

Reportedly these two or their firearms had something to do with a shooting in Bayonne over the weekend.

Why the detective approached without back up

Race

Gender of one of the shooters

The amount of ammunition these two had

The duration of the shootout between LE and the suspects

Old 12-11-2019, 12:08 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,816,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This is a movement formed more than 100 years ago based on “ revelations” that black people are the true ancient Israelites banished to Africa and sold as slaves by local tribes.
Black Israelites are nuts. They are a NYC staple. When I was growing up they were known for standing in Times Square with a bullhorn and screaming at passers by... espeically the white ones. But really everyone got it. As a black female frequently walking past them on my way to work wearing a short-ish skirt I got called some colorful names a few times. I was showing way too much flesh to be a proper female for them. Heh.

It's basically a cult. Very similar to those people who yell about God hating gays outside military funerals. I can't remember those whackjob's names but you get the idea.

I was suprised they had migrated down to DC when that story about the kid in the MAGA hat went viral.

Not at all suprised they have guns and were engaged in a shootout though.

It's amazing how much similarity there is between extremists on both sides. They really aren't that disimilar from a lot of nutbar right wing groups.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:26 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,435,778 times
Quote:
SHOCKING VIDEO: As Jewish bodies were still laying in cold blood after being murdered by terrorists in Jersey City, a rep of
@AmericansAA
captured spontaneous antisemitic tirades blaming Jews for their own murder & ppl cheering it on!
https://twitter.com/HikindDov/status...06510762741760

Last edited by Absolom; 12-11-2019 at 12:48 PM..

Old 12-11-2019, 12:42 PM

307 posts, read 102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Death toll for todays ambush is up to 3.

Thank the NRA for the state we are in.

What you or the lame stream media knows about the NRA and/or it's membership couldn't fill a thimble.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Black Israelites are nuts. They are a NYC staple. When I was growing up they were known for standing in Times Square with a bullhorn and screaming at passers by... espeically the white ones. But really everyone got it. As a black female frequently walking past them on my way to work wearing a short-ish skirt I got called some colorful names a few times. I was showing way too much flesh to be a proper female for them. Heh.

It's basically a cult. Very similar to those people who yell about God hating gays outside military funerals. I can't remember those whackjob's names but you get the idea.

I was suprised they had migrated down to DC when that story about the kid in the MAGA hat went viral.

Not at all suprised they have guns and were engaged in a shootout though.

It's amazing how much similarity there is between extremists on both sides. They really aren't that disimilar from a lot of nutbar right wing groups.
Sounds like they and the Westboro Baptist Church have something in common, albeit it appears some trend violent.

Religious fanaticism, born of revelations, is its own brand of nut job, regardless of religion.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 12-11-2019 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-11-2019, 01:03 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
That was the same group that was harassing and verbally threatening the Trump supporting high school kids in DC last year. They moved away and then got harassed by that jerk native american who then lied about his being harassed by them. Those kids were lucky they weren't shot.
Yes same group. Life is weird, that native amercian turd may have saved those kids from bodily injury.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The Black Israelite Movement is a loose network of international congregations. The SPLC and Anti- Defamation League have labeled some factions of this movement as hate groups. They oppose Jews, Muslims, Asians, LGBT, white and black people who do not believe or behave as they do. They seem to share characteristics with factions of white supremacist groups.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:35 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,816,126 times
Quote:
Sounds like they and the Westboro Baptist Church have something in common, albeit it appears some trend violent.

Religious fanaticism, born of revelations, is its own brand of nut job, regardless of religion.
YES!!!! That's exactly who I was thinking of. Thanks for supplying the name.

Quote:
The Black Israelite Movement is a loose network of international congregations. The SPLC and Anti- Defamation League have labeled some factions of this movement as hate groups. They oppose Jews, Muslims, Asians, LGBT, white and black people who do not believe or behave as they do. They seem to share characteristics with factions of white supremacist groups.
Yes, they are very similar. They hate everyone that's not them, and believe in preapring to fight the enemy... with guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies