Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 12:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
New Jersey! Guerrilla warfare has nothing on the US active and mass shooters!

1 Cop Shot in ‘Ambush’ Active NJ Shooter Situation: Official
I hope you have a plan to keep dangerous criminals locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 12:35 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
They don’t care even then. Their entire family & friends could be blown away & they wouldn’t care as long as they can fondle their precious guns. That’s how depraved they are.
You are barking up the wrong tree. I'm a pro firearm individual. Not sure why you anti gun types always try to sexualize firearms...it's really strange.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
If shooters would switch to shooting rich people we could really get much improved gun control laws.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:38 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
People bring them up from the "Iron Pipeline" ...Route 1/I-95 through Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and New Jersey's next-door neighbor with lax gun laws, Pennsylvania. Capitalism at its finest! You got the money, you get the Glock! Do they still give you a gun as a prize in a box of cereal in Florida yet?

Thanks for proving how well Firearms laws work. There are many laws on the books for what you've just described.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:39 PM

Oh, I figured it out. The OP thinks making guns illegal will keep them out of criminals hands.

I guess she never heard of prohibition or the war on drugs.

Both of those only kept alcohol and illegal drugs out of the hands of those who CHOSE to obey the laws. Everybody who didn't care about the laws could still get them.

Making guns illegal won't affect the criminals but only those CHOOSING to obey the laws.

A criminal who wants to rob a store doesn't care about obeying laws.

Thread FAIL.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If shooters would switch to shooting rich people we could really get much improved gun control laws.
How?

Do drug laws keep heroine off the street and available to those who choose not to obey laws? No.

If you had to guess, how many people in the US use heroine?

Yep, all those people still get ILLEGAL drugs.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:45 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
shooter du jour

Old 12-10-2019, 12:47 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oh, I figured it out. The OP thinks making guns illegal will keep them out of criminals hands.

I guess she never heard of prohibition or the war on drugs.

Both of those only kept alcohol and illegal drugs out of the hands of those who CHOSE to obey the laws. Everybody who didn't care about the laws could still get them.

Making guns illegal won't affect the criminals but only those CHOOSING to obey the laws.

A criminal who wants to rob a store doesn't care about obeying laws.

Thread FAIL.
Sure more laws will stop criminals. There are already states and cities that are essentially gun free zones and that stops the criminals, right? Schools, military bases and movie theaters are gun free zones. That stops criminals and terrorists, right?

You have to be moronic to think more laws will do anything but DISARM THE LAW ABIDING.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:50 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,956 times
Actually this sounds more like either a cop-hater or a 'suicide by cop' situation. Active shooter to me connotes someone who is shooting random victims.

I always thought 'active shooter' was not very good terminology. Suppose we we have a school shooter like the guy in Parkland, and a disgruntled criminal who is out to gun down some cops. These are two markedly different problems that are going to take different solutions.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:52 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,956 times
From OP's link:

Quote:
Gunshots -- dozens of them, it appeared -- continued to pop off throughout the afternoon, based on audio from the scene.
Of course it's not clear whether the shots were coming from police or perp. But if the latter, he must have had high-caliper clips. We could start by banning those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies