Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
So which was your intent?

Sarcasm or satire?

Either, or? Huge fail.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Racist? Are you for real?

Cocaine/crack ODs are dosage dependent.

Opiod ODs are different.

Either go to med school or get yourself EMT certified (even my 17 year who is an EMT knows better than you). Or? Just do your research before you tag ANYTHING as "racist".

LOL! Get a grip!!!

This. Racism????? Lawd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 01:29 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No it's not. So many are prescribed Opiods for their ailments when they don't even need them. And Opiods are highly addictive which you know. I had a 30 day supply when I had a C section. Really....a C section? I took it one day and then got rid of them. But some love the feeling and get hooked. And doctors keep giving them more. And if they can't get the pills they turn to heroin which is very cheap.
Please you yourself just proved my point. You had a choice and made the right choice.

Some love the feeling and get hooked. They made a choice. It is all about choice. Addicts are only victims of their own bad choices.
Darwin absolutely deserves a win on this one.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:40 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Please you yourself just proved my point. You had a choice and made the right choice.

Some love the feeling and get hooked. They made a choice. It is all about choice. Addicts are only victims of their own bad choices.
Darwin absolutely deserves a win on this one.
She threw it away because she probably wasn’t in a bad spot in her life.

Some people realize it feels good. Euphoric. It’s a feeling they never felt. Hapliness. Bliss.
Because life currently sucks.
So maybe a bit extra. Because my husband beat me.. My wife left me..
Things just suck, and Im in a vulnerable state. So this would be ok. But now its not enough and I need more.

Point is. People are not like you.

Hell, even you don’t know how far life would push you before slip. I don’t know. And I hope to never find out. Also addiction is powerful, especially chemical addiction.

You need to come to terms with the fact that people are different. Different life experiences, different chemistry, different upbringings.

Humans are flawed and easily trapped when we discover the “easy route”.

We’re fundamentally a flawed species...

Old 12-14-2019, 06:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No it's not. So many are prescribed Opiods for their ailments when they don't even need them. And Opiods are highly addictive which you know. I had a 30 day supply when I had a C section. Really....a C section? I took it one day and then got rid of them. But some love the feeling and get hooked. And doctors keep giving them more. And if they can't get the pills they turn to heroin which is very cheap.
Heroin is anything but cheap!!

When I quit almost 5 years ago, it was going for about $150-180 per gram (thats more valuable than gold!!)

Old 12-14-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
It's still not clear.

Spoken like someone who was a drug addict?

I personally don't care if people kill themselves but when you start interfering with other people's lives (like punching children, stealing from your grandmother or other "I have a disease" nonsense) than its big NOPE from me and other normal people. EVERY addict is a thief.

Yep. And they ALWAYS are on govt assistance and 9000 other various benefits.
Can you not understand, its the drug laws themselves, that cause it to be this way?

How many children do you see being punched or stealing from grandma in relation to alcohol or tobacco?

Old 12-14-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I totally see it as racist. Crack and opiods are treated totally differently. Crack users were seen like demonic spreading a plague and this is omg, we have to save the addicts. We should have been out to save crack users too.

Ambulances have to carry narcan and use it even when it's known the user OD'd near them on purpose. Would they have done that for crack if there had been something similar to narcan? I really wonder.
Thats why drug laws were created in the first place...it was a way to control certain races, they are still used for this purpose today, the difference between crack addicts and opioid addicts proves it without a doubt.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:18 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I totally see it as racist. Crack and opiods are treated totally differently.
This is true. Crack is a variant on cocaine (technically it is the alkaloid rather than the salt) but the law treated it much more harshly than just cocaine. It looked racist since crack was much more prevalent in black communities and cocaine was more common in white communities. I think the laws specific to crack have now been mostly removed for just that reason. Legally, in many states there is no difference between crack, cocaine, and heroin.

The opioid epidemic caused by Oxy is a bit different since a lot of that came from pill pushing doctors so the user had a legal prescription and can not be charged with possession of narcotics.

Opioid addicts can be put on maintenance drugs and sort of function in society then. There is no equivalent maintenance option for crack or meth. It has nothing to do with racism, it is just the difference in the drug mechanisms.

Last edited by TwoByFour; 12-14-2019 at 07:53 AM..

Old 12-14-2019, 07:21 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
Probably because their bad choices affects the quality of life of everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/12/13/man-pu...ult-in-target/

This guy walked up to two random little kids in Target and hammered them in the face. But he was using drugs.
Why do we punish people like this??? He was high on drugs. I'm sure that he is actually a nice guy....

(Make sure you watch the video.....)

Old 12-14-2019, 07:22 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
She threw it away because she probably wasn’t in a bad spot in her life.

Some people realize it feels good. Euphoric. It’s a feeling they never felt. Hapliness. Bliss.
Because life currently sucks.
So maybe a bit extra. Because my husband beat me.. My wife left me..
Things just suck, and Im in a vulnerable state. So this would be ok. But now its not enough and I need more.

Point is. People are not like you.

Hell, even you don’t know how far life would push you before slip. I don’t know. And I hope to never find out. Also addiction is powerful, especially chemical addiction.

You need to come to terms with the fact that people are different. Different life experiences, different chemistry, different upbringings.

Humans are flawed and easily trapped when we discover the “easy route”.

We’re fundamentally a flawed species...
Please, most addicts started out as recreational users. By the way you also made my point. It's about choices.
Don't tell me what life dishes out because you don't know the miles I have walked. I absolutely know what a living hell is like. The difference between me and your average addict is I didn't crawl into a needle to escape. Im sorry but with very very few exceptions it was a choice.
I have 0 sympathy for drug addicts who made a choice to play with addictive drugs and got caught in the trap. Darwin deserves that win.

The exception is our wounded warriors. Many of whom were screwed up by the VA. Before that they were screwed up because we sent them to war with impossible rules of engagement to fight a war that had nothing to do with defending their country.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:56 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
we punish people because of the legacy effects of our religious society...actually enjoying something is frowned upon
so we set up man-made artificial consequences to make things worse than they are..

the war on drugs creates much of the criminal behavior we seek to stop by virtue of higher prices, crime rises and even children are brought in by virtue of our juvenile system being more tolerant...
we have had a war for 100 years but only in the 70s did we decide to get really tough and we filled prison after prison..

before we got tough we had many many people having access to doctor provided dope which created family problems but NOT the extreme criminality we now see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies