Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 06:30 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,799,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

The only way there can be a fair trial for The People...
Let me start off with ahead slap...

There, I feel better.

The 'people' are not on trial. Trump is. He is the one that is entitled to a fair and speedy trial. I can explain it to you, but i can't understand it for you......

Once again......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 06:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Let me start off with ahead slap...

There, I feel better.

The 'people' are not on trial. Trump is. He is the one that is entitled to a fair and speedy trial. I can explain it to you, but i can't understand it for you......

Once again......
The 63 million deplorable snipers are on trial. We voted for the President.

Old 12-19-2019, 06:46 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Some people are urging Pelosi to have the impeachment vote in the House but to not send the articles to the Senate if McConnell refuses to hold a trial with witnesses. Trump would remain impeached forever and never exonerated by the Senate. He could never crow about being found not guilty.

I think she should do it. McConnell does not want a fair trial presumably because he knows Bolton will sink Trump. If Trump is not guilty he should welcome an open fair trail not a whitewash.
It is not the senate’s job to retry the shoddy case that was done by the House of Representatives.

If the house really wanted those witnesses, they should have done what was done in every other impeachment trial. They should have involved the judicial branch. That is why we have a 3rd branch of government. The house didn’t do that, because that would have taken time, and that didnt fit their political timetable.

It took years before Clinton’s impeachment vote. It took over a year of investigations before Nixon resigned. From start to finish, Trump’s impeachment took 3 months! They wanted Trump impeached before the election, so they didn’t follow the proper protocols in order to make their case. And now they want the senate to do their work for them?

Not to mention, one of the two charges against Trump, was that he was exerting his constitutional right to executive privilege. Something every single president before him has done. Again, they impeached him for exerting his constitutional rights! If they disagreed that this wasn’t privileged information, again, that is what the courts are for. Again, they needed him impeached before the election, for political reasons. So they decided not to follow protocol, and precedent, and instead, impeached him on a shoddy case. Then they expect the senate to retry their shoddy case in a more thorough manner. After all, they got their impeachment, so they dont care how long it takes the senate to exonerate him.

This whole thing is laughable.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 12-19-2019 at 06:56 PM..

Old 12-19-2019, 06:54 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Pelosi is abusing the House power to elicit a quid-pro-quo from the senate which is a contempt of the Senate, obstruction, bribery and abuse of power for personal gain....does any of that sound familiar?

Old 12-19-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Historically false. The House took 14 months to impeach Clinton. There was no new discovery in the Senate trial of Clinton. You’re the one who whined about discovery and now you’re backtracking. The “it’s like a grand jury” talking point has no basis in the Constitution or the law. It’s just another lie conjured up by the lying left to obfuscate how ridiculous this entire hoax is.
Not to mention 4 years of investigations by Ken Starr, leading up to it.

Old 12-19-2019, 06:56 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
I didn’t even know hearsay can be used as evidence.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Trump is a con, fraud and sham... unfortunately so are his disgraceful buddies in the Senate!
Joe the pedophile is a con, fraud, and sham, yet he is still the frontrunner in the democratic primaries.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:01 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Nope. She doesn’t have to do the right thing because trump is all wrong.......[b]she’s under no obligation to do anything right for his sleazy fat arse. [\b]The democrats lose elections because they are too honest. Republicans can win on their greasy sleaze but cannot govern worth beans.
She has an obligation to do the right thing for us, the American people.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:08 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 63 million deplorable snipers are on trial. We voted for the President.
Sounds like a threat.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:12 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
I have no idea if it’s even possible or in the right jurisdiction, but I would LOVE for this case involving a lengthy and unprecedented delay in what seems an obvious and fair process, a delay caused by clear partisan intent, to go to a court for immediate resolution. A court headed by Merrick Garland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies