Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 01:18 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,441,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Don't look at me, I don't make the rules. Bottom line. Trump is impeached.
Left leaners LOVE stamping people with labels. Yellow badges come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 01:20 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,271 times
Quote:
I know the difference between obstruction of Congress and obstruction of Justice. Schiff said at the outset that any blocking of witnesses or documents will be considered obstruction.

BTW, this impeachment is not faux. You only have to look at Trump's scowls and his tweets to understand that. His outrage and anger is palpable.
Schiff doesnt get to invent laws. There is no such thing as claiming obstruction of congress, for when the executive branch wants the judicial branch to rule on something. That is exactly the way our system of govt is set up.There is no such crime as schiff is making up.
It is no different than if you were on trial, and wanted to consult with an atty before being questioned, and the police officer telling you that you will be charged with obstruction if you dont answer questions now.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:20 PM

19,615 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Which makes him more sympathetic to anyone paying attention and less sympathetic to the dems. Because we can see through it.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:23 PM

25,439 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Schiff doesnt get to invent laws. There is no such thing as claiming obstruction of congress, for when the executive branch wants the judicial branch to rule on something. That is exactly the way our system of govt is set up.There is no such crime as schiff is making up.
It is no different than if you were on trial, and wanted to consult with an atty before being questioned, and the police officer telling you that you will be charged with obstruction if you dont answer questions now.
Again, I don't make the rules. Again, Trump is impeached. The end.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:24 PM

18,461 posts, read 15,240,962 times
Quote:
Meh. In the end, I think he will realize that this will keep his name alive for a long time to come. After all, would anybody be talking about Andrew Johnson right now if he never was impeached?

And nobody really looks down on presidents for being impeached. Better to be remembered for a minor blemish than forgotten altogether, like, say, Chester Arthur.

In 150 years, it will be as though you and I never existed, but people will still know about Trump. Knowing his ego, that should make him very happy.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Meh. In the end, I think he will realize that this will keep his name alive for a long time to come. After all, would anybody be talking about Andrew Johnson right now if he never was impeached?

And nobody really looks down on presidents for being impeached. Better to be remembered for a minor blemish than forgotten altogether, like, say, Chester Arthur.

In 150 years, it will be as though you and I never existed, but people will still know about Trump. Knowing his ego, that should make him very happy.
Me thinks impeachment is not a good look for a president, no matter how much they would like to spin it.

And I'm not sure there will still be people on this earth in 150 years.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:34 PM

18,461 posts, read 15,240,962 times
Quote:
Me thinks impeachment is not a good look for a president, no matter how much they would like to spin it.

And I'm not sure there will still be people on this earth in 150 years.
Yes, I am so p!$$ed off at Andrew Johnson for firing that guy in his cabinet!!! LOL.

Sure, right when it happens it’s not usually a good look. I say “usually” because people are equally split, so to half the people, it is not a bad look on the president, but it is a bad look on the house. To the other half, it is a bad look on the president, but lets face reality, he looked bad to those people before the impeachment.

Historically though, nobody really cares. Sure it is an asterisk, but an asterisk says little more than “Hey look at me.” Which is something Trump loves. If he hasn’t already thought it through, once he does, I think he will be fine with it.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:38 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Only in your mind, not by the definition of the law.

But then again, liberals are opposed to the rule of law and individual liberties, as they are totalitarians who are only concerned with tribalism and forcing their views upon everyone else.

Fortunately, we have laws and a Constitution to protect us from the tyranny of liberalism. When thwarted by the law and the Constitution, liberals scream like a vampire exposed to sunlight and retreat back to their dark, gloomy recesses.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Only in your mind, not by the definition of the law.

But then again, liberals are opposed to the rule of law and individual liberties, as they are totalitarians who are only concerned with tribalism and forcing their views upon everyone else.

Fortunately, we have laws and a Constitution to protect us from the tyranny of liberalism. When thwarted by the law and the Constitution, liberals scream like a vampire exposed to sunlight and retreat back to their dark, gloomy recesses.
Got me, lol. But again. Trump is impeached. For reals.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
So Nancy, think you're in control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies