Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 01:28 AM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times

Advertisements

The idea that anyone running a profitable company would decide not to expand and make more money because of something Obama said is just ridiculous.

This is a lie told by lunatics and believed by nitwits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 02:37 AM

37,970 posts, read 17,913,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
That's just silly when the stock market tripled during those 8 years. You are simply interpreting what fits your already fixed world view...IMHO.

I'm sure you will next claim that all your clients just love the tariff and trade wars and made great expansion plans set in stone based on...chaos.

Give me a break. Capitalism lovers clubs....must include Madoff and lots of other people who do it all for fun.

While the competition in business can be fun at the end of the day they do it for money. Some may do a bit of it for ego (not because of Capitalism Religion), but they usually end up on the wrong side of the balance sheet.

Way before any of the current BS I talked to many people who built up their businesses quite large - and then, when they learned the drill, intentionally downsized them. Smart people. One guy was a great drywall tradesman who worked with one friend. Next thing he had 52 employees. When I talked to him again he was so happy that he was back to just 2.

I had that happen myself to a degree because successful business and people tend to automatically grow. I had a mom and pop shop...next thing you know, I had two. Then I have a importing business I bought (related) and then even a manufacturing biz or two (also related).

Then I did some basic math and figured that I could do almost as well getting back down to one Mom and Pop store...and it ended up being true! In fact, the less I worked the more I made.

Your clients are acting like snowflakes if some words grabbed by partisans and amplified out of context are enough to make them change their plans. Period.

On the other hand, these tariff and trade wars have been a REAL PITA to real businesses. Not just anecdotes.
Bolded for absurdity
You keep proving you don't know much about business or economics. According to you someone who has a plethora of people working for them and making money for them is a bad thing? lol The idea is to hire people to make money for you.
Lets see I can work with 1 person and make X or I can run a business with multiple workers who all make money for me and make 3X. Gee which is the better scenario?

Overwhelmingly the plan people in business have is to make money yet you make it about downsizing because of the "many" people you've talked too? Make something else up.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:36 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,991,817 times
Donald Trump: "I will bring back manufacturing jobs."

Are we tired of all the winning?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/u...jobs-2020.html

Old 12-24-2019, 08:47 AM

17,843 posts, read 13,758,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Cheering people loosing jobs because you hate is disgusting. I ran my own business for 30 yrs and finally retired when Obama told me I didn't build it.
Lying about what people say is also disgusting. Obama never said that you didn't build your business.

Rather he said you didn't build the infrastructure that surrounds your business.

But at least you had your business long enough to use the internet that Al Gore "invented".

Old 12-24-2019, 09:08 AM

25,920 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Lying about what people say is also disgusting. Obama never said that you didn't build your business.

Rather he said you didn't build the infrastructure that surrounds your business.

But at least you had your business long enough to use the internet that Al Gore "invented".
I've paid a lot of taxes in my life, so I DID build that infrastructure around my business. I've paid MORE than my fair share of taxes, and a portion of them went to pay for the infrastructure. I BUILT IT ALL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies