Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 12:57 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
All you need to do is type in Omar ilhan hate speech against Jews into google and you will see for yourself that she does not like Jewish people and in fact has promoted islam and radical muslims.

I'm just saying that a majority of Jewish people will still vote Democrat despite the members in the House getting cozy with "the Squad" and approving of their messages.. well they certainly don't denounce them.

We have all that and then the Left convincing half of America that Trump is an anti semite despite his favorite daughter Ivanka marrying a Jewish man, converting to the faith and raising their kids in it.?

I think people all over America of different races and religions are waking up to the fact that though Trump might not be the best President he will still be the only real choice for the future of this country in 2020.
Nope. I'm not joining sides with those whom I strongly disagree with on everything, and won't join sides with those whom I share nothing in common with. Total separation and division of the entire country should be the only future. There is no other way.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Okay....I followed your advice and this is what came up.

I picked one.

First off....it seems to contradict the notion that Democrats are allowing anti-semitism and doing nothing about it. In this exchange she is saying that her and another congresswomen are BEING PUNISHED (by democrats) for what they said.

Secondly.....the anti-semetic remark, from what I can tell, is her saying "It's all about the Benjamins Baby". People Lobby in Washington all the time....to get politicians to vote their causes and interest. It is about the Benjamins...and every special interest group does it. Is the anti-semitism the idea that there is a Jewish lobby or Israel lobby?

Is this an example of the vile anti-semitism coming from her?

This is why I asked YOU and OTHERS to SHOW ME. Maybe this is not one of the offensive Hitler like Rhetoric that you have heard her make. So again......SHOW ME. Again, I am not Jewish and not qualified to say what should be or should not be offensive to Jews. However, please provide me some of the worst case offenses.
OK I haven't read the entire thread but I have to point out some basic reading comprehension issues.

First of all, she said she was being "punished" by the MINORITY LEADER - a Republican. Secondly, in her RESPONSE to him (not what she was initially chastised for) she said "It's all about the Benjamins, baby." This is not her initial anti Semitic comment.

I did a quick Google search on "anti Semitic remarks by members of Congress" -here it is:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=IFM...4dUDCAs&uact=5

But don't take my word for it, take hers:
Quote:
...of all the people who’ve acknowledged that Omar’s rhetoric around Israel has been anti-Semitic, the most important one has been the lawmaker herself. On multiple occasions she has admitted that she has used anti-Semitic language — and apologized for it.
Quote:
In 2012, the then-Minnesota Department of Education employee sparked controversy when she tweeted: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”
Quote:
Months later, the Minnesota representative now infamously remarked that strident support for Israel among US lawmakers is “all about the Benjamins,” implying the politicians are paid to support Israel (as if Jewish dollars pull the strings of power). Not long after, at a town hall, Omar said, “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...dont-look-away

Old 12-30-2019, 01:15 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Actually the title should read will American Jews finally get the hint that the left(AKA democrats) are not your friends!

https://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/Will-Am...nalysis-612419
Hatred towards Jews can come from any direction. It can come from multiple systems of types political, government and economic philosophies or systems, it can come from any race, and from any other religion. We have seen this throughtout the 3000 year history of the Jewish people and has been well documented. So far the attacks against the Jews are mainly directed towards the Hassidic community, and towards the liberal democrat Jews who live in suburban, gated communities or residential doorman buildings and far away from the typical poor African American. The well off liberal, and the poor black American do not live close to each other, and sadly both vote Democrat and have hidden disdain for one another.

Now. How can we unpack why such anti hatred towards the Hassidic community is happening in the NYC area? Much of this is happening due the economics of the area. The attacks in Jersey City, and what is happening in Crown Heights Brooklyn is a huge cluster of confrontation. In Crown Heights Brooklyn for example, you have gentrification. When your average John and Jane finish college. What job are their going to get when they head back to suburbia? Most of such types of people will have to relocated to an urban area to find some sort of work that is related to their degree. So gentrification puts pressure on Black and Brown Community in Jersey City and NYC. Than you have immigration. Places like Crown Heights Brooklyn, you have African Americans, than you have Caribbean Americans, and at times both groups do not see eye to eye. Than you have movements like ADOS and FBA which do not like Afro Latinos, Afro Caribbean, and African people due to the fact such people benefit off of black success, and not having slavery and Jim Crow in their system. Than you have hatred of the police being pushed by BLM and Social Justice activists form Academia who push blame on cops are bad, and white man is bad. Than finally you have Hassadic Jews who are used as scapegoats for the problems of rest of the black and brown folks in areas like Crown Heights Brooklyn and Jersey City. Much of the discontent and hatred stems also from economics as well which can affect ones mental health and ones morality.

Right now we live in very divisive times. With the next decade approaching. I hope things can cool down. Sadly as a society. America is a nation where we have to point fingers at one group internally, or turn our focus on an nation or a group of people externally. We are living through peaceful times right now, and since we are living through peaceful times. We don't have an enemy or a boogey man to fear. Right now Academia controls the Overton Window and puts blame on white privilege, male privilege and white supremacy. Sadly White supremacy did not commit none of these acts in the NYC area. And how or who the left going to blame for these actions? Trump. Maybe? I hope these divisions can end, but in order for these divisions can end, the economy must collapse or major manmade or natural disaster might be overdue for America and the rest of the Anglo Saxon cultural world.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 12-30-2019 at 01:23 PM..

Old 12-30-2019, 01:27 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Neither. Donald J Trump actually said this. It would seem your question would better be directed at yourself for denying the facts.
Say the entire quote then answer honestly if you are ignorant or merely dishonest.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:28 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Hatred towards Jews can come from any direction. It can come from multiple systems of types political, government and economic philosophies or systems, it can come from any race, and from any other religion. We have seen this throughtout the 3000 year history of the Jewish people and has been well documented. So far the attacks against the Jews are mainly directed towards the Hassidic community, and towards the liberal democrat Jews who live in suburban, gated communities or residential doorman buildings and far away from the typical poor African American. The well off liberal, and the poor black American do not live close to each other, and sadly both vote Democrat and have hidden disdain for one another.

Now. How can we unpack why such anti hatred towards the Hassidic community is happening in the NYC area? Much of this is happening due the economics of the area. The attacks in Jersey City, and what is happening in Crown Heights Brooklyn is a huge cluster of confrontation. In Crown Heights Brooklyn for example, you have gentrification. When your average John and Jane finish college. What job are their going to get when they head back to suburbia? Most of such types of people will have to relocated to an urban area to find some sort of work that is related to their degree. So gentrification puts pressure on Black and Brown Community in Jersey City and NYC. Than you have immigration. Places like Crown Heights Brooklyn, you have African Americans, than you have Caribbean Americans, and at times both groups do not see eye to eye. Than you have movements like ADOS and FBA which do not like Afro Latinos, Afro Caribbean, and African people due to the fact such people benefit off of black success, and not having slavery and Jim Crow in their system. Than you have hatred of the police being pushed by BLM and Social Justice activists form Academia who push blame on cops are bad, and white man is bad. Than finally you have Hassadic Jews who are used as scapegoats for the problems of rest of the black and brown folks in areas like Crown Heights Brooklyn and Jersey City.

Right now we live in very divisive times right now. With the next decade approaching. I hope things can cool down. Sadly as a society. America is a nation where we have to point fingers at one group internally, or turn our focus on an nation or a group of people externally. We are living through peaceful times right now, and since we are living through peaceful times. We don't have an enemy or a boogey man to fear. Right now Academia controls the Overton Window and puts blame on white privilege, male privilege and white supremacy. Sadly White supremacy did not commit none of these acts in the NYC area. And how or who the left going to blame for these actions? Trump. Maybe? I hope these divisions can end, but in order for these divisions can end, the economy must collapse or major manmade or natural disaster might be overdue for America and the rest of the Anglo Saxon cultural world.
The poor black America as well as Africa are disliked by everyone, and everyone is equally capable of getting as far away from, and getting rid of as many poor blacks as possible. If not the Anglo Saxon, someone else will step right up to the plate such as Chinese, Indians, Brazilians, Russians, Jews, you name it. Black people will never be in a position of global power because of how modern society has progressed into the elimination of primitive/tribal people.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

The fact that you leftists have to return to an incident from three years ago, spouting your lies, tells me something.
Guess you prefer to not talk about the Holocaust that began nearly 70 years ago.

Is the April, 2019 Passover incident in Poway, California too distant? 19 year old posted his manifesto prior to the shooting claiming his Christian duty. He intended to live stream the mass shooting to FB, failed and took off before achieving the body count he intended with his AR 15.

Or do you just prefer to focus on violent hate crimes only when the hater is a black male , who somehow in your rhetoric, magically becomes the face of an entire race and thus, political ideology?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:38 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK I haven't read the entire thread but I have to point out some basic reading comprehension issues.

First of all, she said she was being "punished" by the MINORITY LEADER - a Republican. Secondly, in her RESPONSE to him (not what she was initially chastised for) she said "It's all about the Benjamins, baby." This is not her initial anti Semitic comment.

I did a quick Google search on "anti Semitic remarks by members of Congress" -here it is:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=IFM...4dUDCAs&uact=5

But don't take my word for it, take hers:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...dont-look-away
I stand corrected. You are correct. It was the Republicans who were punishing her. Thanks for the correction as it was not my intent to misinform.

That having been said.....again....lets talk about the fallacy of division and composition. It's a fallacy to assume what is true of a part is true of the whole. For example, saying that a player on a team is a great player is not saying that the team is great. The reverse is also true, the fallacy of composition (unless I have them mixed up). Saying that a team is great is not therefore saying that each member of the team is great.

If the foreign press read "Americans elect Donald Trump as their President".....does that mean that every American voted for Trump? America can be a great country, while it also be true that America had done evil things....like slavery. When America tells its story, like any human entity, its going to highlight the good and downplay the bad. I imagine that such is true for any nation. The right often says the left HATES AMERICA when the left points out wrongs that America has done.

Is it wrong to point out the wrongs that nations do? Is pointing out wrongs that nations do saying that the nation as a whole is wrong? I say this an an African American. If I point out the wrongs that whites have committed against blacks historically......I am called a racist for that or I hate white people because I point these things out. Well....I don't hate them....but wrong was done. So can Israel be criticized for any of its wrong? Do they have any wrongs they have committed?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
They were left on economics and right on social issues.
They were Nationalists and they espoused right-wing philosophies. Period.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:41 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Guess you prefer to not talk about the Holocaust that began nearly 70 years ago.

Is the April, 2019 Passover incident in Poway, California too distant? 19 year old posted his manifesto prior to the shooting claiming his Christian duty. He intended to live stream the mass shooting to FB, failed and took off before achieving the body count he intended with his AR 15.

Or do you just prefer to focus on violent hate crimes only when the hater is a black male , who somehow in your rhetoric, magically becomes the face of an entire race and thus, political ideology?
No, I'm providing balance to the liberals here who are willing to discuss anti-Semites ONLY when it is a white Christian. The fact of the matter is that antisemitism is more prevalent among blacks than among whites, and it's time we stopped hiding it, or, in your case, trying to explain it away. These rampant, frequent, and horrific assaults by blacks against Jews is endemic (more than a DOZEN in the past month alone!), and, as usual, you're trying to deflect to a white Christian.

BTW, did you see Indentured Servant's comment that he agrees with Farrakhan's assessment of the Jews? THAT is the type of black antisemitism that we need to expose and destroy.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:44 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I stand corrected. You are correct. It was the Republicans who were punishing her. Thanks for the correction as it was not my intent to misinform.

That having been said.....again....lets talk about the fallacy of division and composition. It's a fallacy to assume what is true of a part is true of the whole. For example, saying that a player on a team is a great player is not saying that the team is great. The reverse is also true, the fallacy of composition (unless I have them mixed up). Saying that a team is great is not therefore saying that each member of the team is great.

If the foreign press read "Americans elect Donald Trump as their President".....does that mean that every American voted for Trump? America can be a great country, while it also be true that America had done evil things....like slavery. When America tells its story, like any human entity, its going to highlight the good and downplay the bad. I imagine that such is true for any nation. The right often says the left HATES AMERICA when the left points out wrongs that America has done.

Is it wrong to point out the wrongs that nations do? Is pointing out wrongs that nations do saying that the nation as a whole is wrong? I say this an an African American. If I point out the wrongs that whites have committed against blacks historically......I am called a racist for that or I hate white people because I point these things out. Well....I don't hate them....but wrong was done. So can Israel be criticized for any of its wrong? Do they have any wrongs they have committed?
No. You're being called a racist because you said that a) you admire Farrakhan and b) you agree with his assessment of the Jews. Hence, you are a racist. (Or bigot to be more precise, since Jews are not a separate race.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies