Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 04:42 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Probably the biggest factor is the astounding 75% illegitimacy rate. Kids without fathers typically have problems that kids from intact families have less often. Most importantly, fatherless boys grow to be angry teenage boys and young men. The girls tend to seek out the loser-types who abandoned their families in the first place. No community on the planet can survive and be anything other than mired in cyclical poverty, ignorance, and crime with a 75% illegitimacy rate. That rate will reach 90% in my lifetime, which is the most incredible and depressing stat on the face of the planet. It's unbelievable.

There is a subculture within the black community that devalues human life, glorifies violence, treats learning and speaking proper English as "being white," labels those who buck these trends as "sellouts" or "Uncle Toms," and blames other groups for all these problems rather than taking responsibility. Just on an individual level, how often does blaming others for your problems lead to a good result? How often does grievance lead to a stronger person? Where is the hope when young black people are inculcated with the idea that they are oppressed and there is nothing they can do against this "system?"

Yes, there is a subculture and it isn't going to change anytime soon. So how about letting go and letting people self-cancel the same as it has happened to almost every other group in history? Native Americans and their culture are not that much part of the mainstream and no one much pays attention to their issues. The only thing that matters seems to be if money can be made with whatever they can produce. So who cares anymore? Let the ones who want to be white be white. Let the ones who don't go their own way and eventually die off. Soon enough, the population will be whittled down to 2%, if that much.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:48 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Goodness gracious.

I was responding to this, from you:

Honey, you are preaching to the choir, by the way. And when was the last time you were "forced" to check "a box that says that you are black or Afro American?" (I haven't heard that term in a very long time, but I digress.) Wow!

Oh,and I use some AA hair products. I generally find them with all the other hair products. But then I live in a state where white, non Hispanic people make up less than half of the population. So maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Checking the box is still mandatory in government such as banks, schools, jobs.. even private businesses, although they claim it isn't so.

And yes, the black products are still separate - and often locked behind the window - in many stores all across the country and beyond.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Checking the box is still mandatory in government such as banks, schools, jobs.. even private businesses, although they claim it isn't so.

And yes, the black products are still separate - and often locked behind the window - in many stores all across the country and beyond.
Oh good grief, it is NOT MANDATORY. No one is forcing you to choose some race you identify with. Please provide some sort of source to back this claim.

For schools:
Quote:
The 2007 final guidance allows individuals to self-identify their ethnicity and race, and permits individuals to select more than one race and/or ethnicity. This change authorizes individuals to more accurately reflect their racial and ethnic background by not limiting responses to only one racial or ethnic category, and expands reporting options to seven categories (American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, White, and Two or More Races).
https://www2.ed.gov/policy/rschstat/...ity/index.html

EEOC regulations:
Quote:
Self-identification is the preferred method of identifying the race and ethnic information necessary for the EEO-1 report. Employers are required to attempt to allow employees to use self-identification to complete the EEO-1 report.

As to the method of collecting data, the basic principles for ethnic and racial self-identification for purposes of the EEO-1 report are:

(1) Offer employees the opportunity to self-identify
(2) Provide a statement about the voluntary nature of this inquiry for employees. For example, language such as the following may be used (employers may adapt this language):

"The employer is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. In order to comply with these laws, the employer invites employees to voluntarily self-identify their race or ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information obtained will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual."

If an employee declines to self-identify his or her race and/or ethnicity, employment records or observer identification may be used. Where records are maintained, it is recommended that they be kept separately from the employee's basic personnel file or other records available to those responsible for personnel decisions.
https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo1s...structions.cfm

As far as black hair care products - sorry, never seen them locked behind any window, and I always find them with the other hair care products. I am well traveled and have lived and worked and traveled all over the US and the world in fact, and I'm sorry but I've never seen this. Once again, please provide some evidence other than hearsay. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:07 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The tale of two ideologies:

1) A white person says blacks could reduce poverty if they reduced the out-of-wedlock birth rate, given the correlation between single-family households and poverty.

Liberal response: You're a Racist!

2) A black person attacks innocent Jews with a machete, attempting to murder them:

Liberal response: Well, Jews haven't treated blacks all that well.....or.... my Dad worked for Jews in Florida and he said the Jewish landlords were bad to blacks....or.....it's Trump's fault that blacks are attacking Jews because Republicans are encouraging hate. (All these responses have been in this thread or the related one.)
If you are going to quote. Least get it right - but I’m not discussing anything further. Not worth my time dealing with obtuse people full of anger and hate :

Old 12-30-2019, 05:08 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
What's going on here? Black racists are back to complaining about white oppression, blah-blah-blah? I thought the topic was about antisemitism, especially after the spate of black-against-Jews violence.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:25 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The tale of two ideologies:

Liberal response: Well, Jews haven't treated blacks all that well.....or.... my Dad worked for Jews in Florida and he said the Jewish landlords were bad to blacks....or.....it's Trump's fault that blacks are attacking Jews because Republicans are encouraging hate. (All these responses have been in this thread or the related one.)

Well, I didn't see the deamoncrat party (AKA the KKK) marching with them in the 60s

I must be a Jewish racist because I marched with MLK in 63

Oh, and I'm a Conservative Republican!

Last edited by mike1003; 12-30-2019 at 05:35 PM..

Old 12-30-2019, 06:41 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure they have been responsible for the rise of neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
Actually if you read the excellent Death of a Nation by Dinesh D'Souza, many of the 'white nationalists' we have today have progressive backgrounds. Jason Kessler, who organized the Charlottesville rally in 2017 was an 'Occupy Wall Street' guy. He once left a girlfriend because she wasn't liberal enough for his taste. D'Souza gives several other similar examples.

D'Souza points out that most identity politics now comes from the left, and white nationalism is just an alternate variety of an ID politics movement.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:54 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,904 times
Compared to the opioid epidemic decimating white communities, and the continuing drugs/violence problem in black communities, I'd say jews don't really have all that much to worry about.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:24 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,613 times
I am pretty sure there are people on this board who are radical, right wing, fascist nazis who claim they are Jewish.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:36 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
FYI...Nazis were leftists!

You might want to look into the groups the Anti-Defamation League is calling out for anti-semitism-- spoiler alert - They are all Trump supporters.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/adl-rel...te-extremists/

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...aming-the-hate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies