Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 05:07 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The narative needs to be directed away from race and parties and directed toward why we support a welfare state like Israel while the same people condemn it in our own country.

We shower Israel with billions of dollars a year while they have free healthcare for all. They should be paying for it themselves.

The population of Israel is just UNDER 9 million so don't compare it to the U.S. with over 330 Million people. They are a STRATEGIC ally in the Middle East. Our only one, so that is why we give them money. Heck Obama gave our dire enemy, Iran, BILLIONS. Why?

Old 12-31-2019, 05:09 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'd say that some American Jews already know very well that White Nationalism isn't good for them. They've seen it plenty of times before.

And if anyone is math-challenged about this, all they need to do is look at the Jewish Voting Record in 2018 (and even 2016) compared to earlier times.

The few "Right Wing" Jews are louder than ever but the voting numbers speak with much more accuracy. That is, the loud right wing Jews (I mean loud about "anti-semitism being caused by liberals) are a tiny percentage of Jews in total (in the USA...and, actually, in Israel also where most are secular)....

90% of the Jews I know (and that is 100's) would never be the targets of anything since they don't attend any sort of worship services and do not identify as religious.

In short, the White Nationalist movement is most responsible for the rise in hate crimes, including those against Jews.
Yeah, if you don't count hate crimes that go against The Narrative.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:11 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The population of Israel is just UNDER 9 million so don't compare it to the U.S. with over 330 Million people. They are a STRATEGIC ally in the Middle East. Our only one, so that is why we give them money. Heck Obama gave our dire enemy, Iran, BILLIONS. Why?
Israel gets billions of dollars, Every Year, not one time payments.
What other nation gets Billions of Dollars every year?
They should use their own money if they want free healthcare for all.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:48 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Israel gets billions of dollars, Every Year, not one time payments.
What other nation gets Billions of Dollars every year?
They should use their own money if they want free healthcare for all.
Egypt and Jordon to name a couple.

Israel can’t spend the money on healthcare. They can only spend the aid on defense. IF you take the money away, they will still have universal health care, they will just have to spend less on defense. If you want to stop aid, you have every right to that opinion, but at least have some idea of what you are talking about.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:56 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m sorry, but who the hell *are* you? Certainly not someone familiar enough with me to speak for me, that’s for sure.

I never said that Trump never made that statement. Where did you come up with that? What I did say is that the “both sides” he was referring to was 1) the protestors who got a permit to march on behalf of Civil War era statues, and 2) the counter protestors who arrived to peacefully counter protest. Neither group was responsible for the chaos or death of anyone - it was the third party turds who showed up to make trouble that caused all the trouble in Charlottesville. The President’s statement was to that effect.

Please don’t speak for me again. You are certainly not in any position to.
At this point, the people that still say that, fit into one of two categories.

1. The ignorant.
2. The people who take advantage of the ignorance of others.

So when I see someone write it, I often don't know whether I should feel sorry for them, or feel animosity towards them.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:08 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That is a VERY dangerous ploy that leftists such as yourself are taking: when a Jew complains about antisemitism coming from the left, accuse him or her of not being Jewish. You are diminishing the very real danger of rising antisemitism on the Democrat side, expressed, as we've seen in recent weeks, by a rash of attacks perpetrated by black anti-Semites against NY-area Jews. It's your way of silencing any Jew who refuses to play along and deny what is happening within the far-left faction of the Democrat Party.

It is myopic at best, and disingenuous at worst, for a self-purported Jew to condemn garden variety American liberalism but then give an implicit nod to outright hate speech from Trump and his alt-right supporters.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:11 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,880,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Actually the title should read will American Jews finally get the hint that the left(AKA democrats) are not your friends!
Antisemitism is not exclusive to just one political party in the U.S. To provide a little much-needed balance here, the hatred that is being directed towards the Chasidic Jews of New York's Rockland County appears to be spearheaded by Republicans:

In August, the Republican party here released an ad called “A Storm Is Coming,” which accused county legislator Aron Wieder, who is a Chasidic Jew, of helping plot an Orthodox “takeover” of the area, threatening “our homes, our families, our schools, our communities, our water, our way of life.”

Quoted from: https://baltimorejewishlife.com/news...ICLE_ID=124728

Old 12-31-2019, 07:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
maybe jews should get the hint and stop practicing cultural subversion, usury, rent seeking, and tribalism.

They have after all been expelled from every single country they have ever lived in. At some point, you need to realize that its not everyone else's fault.
Sounds like the battle cry of the Unite the Right march.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
It is myopic at best, and disingenuous at worst, for a self-purported Jew to condemn garden variety American liberalism but then give an implicit nod to outright hate speech from Trump and his alt-right supporters.
I hear no hate speech from Trump nor do I support the 1% or so who comprise his alt-right supporters. And your insult about being a self-purported Jew did not go without notice.

As to you, an obvious liberal, it is myopic to falsely accuse a Jew of supporting the "alt-right" while you defend, deny, and diminish the antisemitism in your own party - including anti-Semites elected to Congress.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Is that you Farrakhan?
Not likely given the posting DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies