Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 07:13 AM

862 posts, read 521,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why is it deemed to be coming from the left....because the attackers were black? Do you know if these black attackers actively supported the democratic party and their platform? I highly doubt that Black Hebrew Israelite support the democrats. They are a fringe group that does not support the left or right.
Because left leaning politicians have been shown time and time again to not give a damn about mistreatment of Jews unless it can be pinned on Trump or White Supremacy.

That is why this is a left problem right now. They continually use us as pawns and it is sickening.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:15 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,534,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Most reformed Jews such as myself are beyond saving at this point. The desire to play SJW at the expense of our own communities is an unexplainable phenomenon.

I do believe conservative and orthodox denominations will have huge upticks in rightside voting in upcomming elections though.
Yes. In my Torah class, made up primarily of conservative (religious-wide) women and a few Reform, discussed the anti-Semitic Muslim running for a state seat in an adjourning district. We were all mortified. He posed in Western garb (the men are apparently allowed to be modern), but his wife was by his side in full Islamic garb. (Oh....forgot to mention....the district where he ran is 10%+ Muslim, so he was evidently after those votes.) He was actually on record as saying that people who donate to Israel are as bad as people who donate to the KKK - and that was the remark that kicked off the discussion in the Torah class.

These women were aghast, and one of them passed out flyers opposing his election. THESE Jews, at least, were switching parties.

End of story: The anti-Semitic Muslim won, although he did apologize for his Israel-as-bad-as-KKK remark. But it was close. He won by only 2% in a very liberal area, where the Democrat usually sweeps it 70/30. Clearly, it was the Muslim base that put him over, and that's who he was trying to win over.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:17 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,719,586 times
Quote:
I don't know what you want me to say. I already said twice now that the majority of Jews are too busy playing identity politics to realize what is happening to their religious brothers and sisters, and say enough and change their vote.

It's tragic, because Far left politics is a much bigger threat to Jews in this Country and especially worldwide than White Nationalism.
I don't agree BECAUSE most of Jewish background, including Israelis, are fully secular.....or, at minimum, reformed as you suggest.

I'd be more worried about Saudis and Radical Islam than I am about the Swiss or Italians (both who Americans would say are quite far left). I'm MUCH more worried about the "non-college educated" types who "never met a Jew" in this country than I am about the informed population.

But that's me. I'm surely not trying to convince you to follow my way. I'm just talking voting numbers and it seems we both agree on that. The only difference it you think "it's a shame" and I think "Most Jews know what the score is".

As usual we are talking backwards bizarre world. The Jews who are in my circle who are right wing are those with the heaviest "ID Politics" - that is, they are definitely more loyal to Israel than the USA. Some are dual citizens or have lived in Israel.

They STRONGLY "ID" as Jewish.

When you speak of Identity Politics I think you are in opposite world.....since secular Jews generally do not wear their Religion on their sleeve (which WOULD be "identity"). Rather they are more like Quakers and many other religions that keep things to themselves.

Note - in general I might agree that "youth" who don't yet have full world experience may play the Identity game. But that's how the world works....young people have spirit and energy but they often don't yet know how to best direct it. What else is new?

Old 12-30-2019, 07:18 AM

862 posts, read 521,181 times
Just in case people either do not know or do not care, Jews have been openly attacked in NYC almost daily for over 2 years, and DeBlasio, and his far left government has done nothing up until now.

Rashida Talib blamed white supremacy for the Jersey City Killing.

DeBlasio said the Monsey attack was because of Trump.

Chris Murphy, GV of CT told a reporter to stop asking why Bernie employs known anti semites such as Sarsour on his campain.

CNN, WAPO, NYTIMES have almost all been silent on these continual assaults up until two nights ago. WAPO also predictably blamed Trump.

I could go on and on with Democrats and the MSM excusing what is happening to Jews right now. That's why this is a left problem, even if these awful people committing these crimes aren't necessarily democratic supporters.

I don't know why this is so hard for some of you, but there you go.

Last edited by RubyTwo; 12-30-2019 at 07:26 AM..

Old 12-30-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'd say that some American Jews already know very well that White Nationalism isn't good for them. They've seen it plenty of times before.

And if anyone is math-challenged about this, all they need to do is look at the Jewish Voting Record in 2018 (and even 2016) compared to earlier times.

The few "Right Wing" Jews are louder than ever but the voting numbers speak with much more accuracy. That is, the loud right wing Jews (I mean loud about "anti-semitism being caused by liberals) are a tiny percentage of Jews in total (in the USA...and, actually, in Israel also where most are secular)....

90% of the Jews I know (and that is 100's) would never be the targets of anything since they don't attend any sort of worship services and do not identify as religious.

In short, the White Nationalist movement is most responsible for the rise in hate crimes, including those against Jews.
So the Jews you know - who vote Democrat, obviously - would never be targets of anything since they don't attend any sort of worship services?? IOW, these Jews don't care all that much about anti-Semitic attacks because they won't be targets, and thus they are willing to vote for Democrats?

It is the observant and semi-observant Jews, yes, those of us who DO attend services and other Jewish functions (like a Chanukah Party I was at yesterday, and at the Rabbi's house, along with about 50 other Jews) who ARE targets. And we, the more observant, tend to vote for the Republican.

Why in the WORLD are you making an argument that Jews vote Democrat because most don't identify as religious and aren't worried about being targets? Do you realize how that comes across?

Old 12-30-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Well, they are.

I agree 100%.

What I do not agree with is the idea that those of Jewish background in the USA are going to slant toward White Nationalism. Do you agree with that?
Oh please. Observant Jews aren't slanting to White Nationalism. That's your arrogant, self-righteous liberal self talking. They simply are not going to vote for the Party of Omar and Tlaib, and their fellow Democrats afraid to condemn antisemitism, and will stand instead with the president who has denounced antisemitism in the strongest possible terms.

Put another way, I don't see that those who identify as even somewhat observant Jews are going to slant toward Farrakhan's Nation of Islam.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I don't agree BECAUSE most of Jewish background, including Israelis, are fully secular.....or, at minimum, reformed as you suggest.

I'd be more worried about Saudis and Radical Islam than I am about the Swiss or Italians (both who Americans would say are quite far left). I'm MUCH more worried about the "non-college educated" types who "never met a Jew" in this country than I am about the informed population.

But that's me. I'm surely not trying to convince you to follow my way. I'm just talking voting numbers and it seems we both agree on that. The only difference it you think "it's a shame" and I think "Most Jews know what the score is".

As usual we are talking backwards bizarre world. The Jews who are in my circle who are right wing are those with the heaviest "ID Politics" - that is, they are definitely more loyal to Israel than the USA. Some are dual citizens or have lived in Israel.

They STRONGLY "ID" as Jewish.

When you speak of Identity Politics I think you are in opposite world.....since secular Jews generally do not wear their Religion on their sleeve (which WOULD be "identity"). Rather they are more like Quakers and many other religions that keep things to themselves.

Note - in general I might agree that "youth" who don't yet have full world experience may play the Identity game. But that's how the world works....young people have spirit and energy but they often don't yet know how to best direct it. What else is new?
You're a liberal who just spouted an anti-Semitic trope: that Jews are guilty of disloyalty to America. (Jews who won't vote YOUR way, that is.) Shame on you. We have enough antisemitism coming from leftists without you adding to it.

(But thanks for proving the point about antisemitism from the left.)

Old 12-30-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Well, they are.

I agree 100%.

What I do not agree with is the idea that those of Jewish background in the USA are going to slant toward White Nationalism. Do you agree with that?
Of course Jews aren't going to slant toward White Nationalism any more than they will slant toward the Nation of Islam! That said, more semi-observant Jews will cast their vote for Trump this time, as they are appalled by the New Party of Anti-Israel, and knowing fully what that means for their future as diaspora Jews.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Reality doesn't matter to these folks here. Heck, they believe that the Pittsburgh shooter was left wing. They will twist and "prove" whatever suits their already fixed POV.....

I'm not debating whether Jews are secular or left-leaning. I'm disagreeing with the usual voice here (almost always wrong) that say Jews will "finally realize" they should vote for White Nationalists because it's the better of two choices.

That's not going to happen.
STOP with your White Nationalist crap. They are a fringe element, representing a fraction of 1%, and it's questionable to what degree they even vote. OTOH, the Democrats are openly embracing anti-Semites in their ranks and so afraid to offend Muslims that they won't even condemn antisemitism (unless it's watered down and hidden among other "isms.")

TRUMP WILL WIN. To what degree that turns on the elderly Jews in Florida casting their vote for him, time will tell. Amazing if it all comes down to Florida again, and he wins the state by 500 votes. 500 JEWISH votes. From old Jews who remember the Holocaust first-hand.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Just in case people either do not know or do not care, Jews have been openly attacked in NYC almost daily for over 2 years, and DeBlasio, and his far left government has done nothing up until now.

Rashida Talib blamed white supremacy for the Jersey City Killing.

DeBlasio said the Monsey attack was because of Trump.

Chris Murphy, GV of CT told a reporter to stop asking why Bernie employs known anti semites such as Sarsour on his campain.

CNN, WAPO, NYTIMES have almost all been silent on these continual assaults up until two nights ago. WAPO also predictably blamed Trump.

I could go on and on with Democrats and the MSM excusing what is happening to Jews right now. That's why this is a left problem, even if these awful people committing these crimes aren't necessarily democratic supporters.

I don't know why this is so hard for some of you, but there you go.
The left-wing media has been silent because it shows the antisemitism on the left. And you see how desperate Democrats are to hide, deny, or diminish its existence.

And to the poster upthread, you have some CHUTZPAH telling Jews who vote for the Republican (which is at least a quarter of all Jews, and likely will be more next time) that they are voting for White Nationalism. That is as offensive as if I were to say that Jews who vote for the Democrat are voting for HAMAS and Islamic terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies