Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 09:21 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times

Advertisements

This just reminds me of;

Seventeen years later the United States stands poised once more on the brink of shooting war. If the fighting must start again, let us demand the full truth in advance as a condition precedent to the conflict. Are we again bound by secret commitments which put the interest of other countries ahead of the interests of the United States? Are our far-flung armed forces spread around the world for our own defense, or as an assurance that we will automatically participate in every brushfire that breaks out any place on earth? The terrible truth about Pearl Harbor should galvanize our foreign policy with impenetrable armor of our own national self interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 09:32 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Here’s my question. We ALL know that the U.S is the biggest arms dealer in the world and odds are the weapons that were sold were sold by our government. So what does that make us?
Is this an orphan post? To what weapons are you referring? Perhaps you meant to post this on a different thread?

Old 01-04-2020, 09:33 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one hates America. But many are smart enough to know you don't poke the bee hive which Trump has done. So we just have to wait and suffer the consequences now.
Poke the beehive? You mean like Barack Obama did when he ordered the execution of Osama bin Laden?

Old 01-04-2020, 09:34 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
No one hates America. But many are smart enough to know you don't poke the bee hive which Trump has done. So we just have to wait and suffer the consequences now.
Iran has been poking, hoping for a response. This is not the response they expected. Lefty is upset. Must have been proper.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Hard to tell who hates America more, Iranians or Democrats.
Not hard for most of us ……….Democrats by a long shot.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:38 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
No one hates America.
Factually inaccurate.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:38 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,559,982 times
Quote:
Absolutely. I don't think Trump realizes that. He thinks it's a war on the ground which Iran would definitely lose. But they are smarter than that. Cyber attacks are coming. And I'm not sure what we can do about it. I'm sure Trump isn't prepared for it either.
They hacked the Federal Depository Library Program’s website. Oh no. How clever. Let me guess what they do next.... I’m guessing clubbing up to win another game of Fortnite?

Jokes aside - I live in the DC burbs and surrounded by DoD contractors who do nothing more than cyber warfare/defense. Trump has nothing to do with it. Trust me when I say this - we are in very good hands! For everyone one website hack, there are probably 10,000 failed attempts.

I don’t watch the talking bobble heads on cable news. I don’t care who is right or left. Liberal or conservative. The reason why I don’t care, is because each and all have their appropriate place in the American culture and realm, and we would NOT be Americans without them all.

That all being said - this was a bad news dude. He was in Iraq (instead of Iran). They attacked a job site a coupe of weeks ago, we blew up the source of that attack. They try and destroy our embassy and want to kill all inside, we took out their ring leader of the attack, who, again, was NOT in Iran at the time. We’ve been “mag heavy” in Iraq for nearly 17 years now. We are not leaving. We have shed our nations blood there. We are not leaving. It is our foothold in the Middle East now, something Osama Bid Double-tapped gave to us as a response to 9/11 (Iraq is a much better place to fight than Afghanistan). We are not leaving.

I find it absolutely hilarious how the media is focusing on the mourning in Iran over this little coward. Yet - what about the 20+ years of mourning Iran has caused for thousands around the world, including here in the US? One guy, caught playing in the wrong sandbox. You all want to see why Trump is right to do this? Go visit your wounded warrior club.

This has nothing to do with the sham impeachment process. No diverting attention. If our embassy had not been attacked last week, I doubt this would have happened. We are right to respond in this manner. We have done the civilized world a huge favor (with hopefully many more to come). To blame the US President for taking the opportunity to get the guy who attacked our embassy, is on par with being one of the embassy’s attackers.

What happens next is up to Iran. Knowing them - I’d say we’re about to cycle through some aging inventory of things that go boom.

Again. They brought this on. Not us. If we wanted war with Iran - I’d have to believe we’d of already engaged long ago when we had full operations on all sides of them locked and loaded and ready to roll.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:42 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Iran has been poking, hoping for a response. This is not the response they expected. Lefty is upset. Must have been proper.
You obviously have no knowledge of foreign relations just like Trump. And I'm not a liberal

Old 01-04-2020, 09:44 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
there are probably a dozen bad men and or places in this world at anytime where the US could whip up a publicity campaign to send troops and attack...these are local gangster strongmen who would just be replaced by another just as your street level dope dealer is replaced...it ALL cost money AND American lives..will Americans ever stopped being fooled and see the big picture??

the president would seem to indicate 50 plus targets and hundreds of killed..are they ALL terrorist monsters? how many innocents? Americans ? for this crap again

if a child kept going to johnny's house and johnny kept giving him a black eye...stay HOME johnny
Wouldn't your analogy have made more sense if you ended it with "Stay away from Johnny's house"?
or perhaps,
"Drop a missile on Johnny"!

Old 01-04-2020, 09:49 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,559,982 times
Quote:
You do understand Iran has been poking the grizzly bear this whole time, right? This guy introduced the IED that killed and wounded many of our finest 15 years ago. Dropped a 747 in Scotland a few decades ago. Hijacked many airplanes in the 80’s. And on and on and on. So, wait to suffer the consequences? My dear - we’ve already suffered. Now we fight. We’ve had decades of watching and plotting targets, just waiting for the right moment.

If 9/11 taught the Middle East anything - it’s to leave the sleeping dog alone if you don’t want him to wake up and engage you for a very very long time. Bin Laden wanted to frighten us out. But here we are nearly 20 year’s later - more engaged and involved in the very thing he wanted us to leave than at anytime prior to 9/11. The lesson is not learned by Iran.... it’s up to them if they want to be taken to school or not.

Any country we have invaded in the past 100 years - we are still very much active in. Japan, Germany, Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea. It’s up to Iran if we’re going to expand upon that list...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies