Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 10:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,562,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
To all of the posters glad we assassinated this general, this guy not be attacking us had we not illegally invaded Iraq under falsified pretenses.

We are the major destabilizing force in that region along with Israel. This general is our enemy because we made him such.

This is a hollow victory. We are just doing it all over again. If we really concerned with eliminating terrorists from the region, we see ourselves out, and BDS Israel.
One terrorist dead, thousands more inspired to take his place, and an entire nation galvanized against us. Actually, make that two countries, you have to include Iraq.

Trump boasting and taking a victory lap only underscores how utterly clueless Republicans are about the threats we face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 11:12 PM

31,133 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One terrorist dead, thousands more inspired to take his place, and an entire nation galvanized against us. Actually, make that two countries, you have to include Iraq.

Trump boasting and taking a victory lap only underscores how utterly clueless Republicans are about the threats we face.
Too bad you didn't complain so much when the peace prize winning President destroyed Libya and tried to do the same in Syria, in addition to using a billion dollars in cruise missiles resulting I'm the deaths of 100 if not thousands of innocent lives? I guess all those deaths didn't create thousands of Terrorist

Old 01-03-2020, 11:34 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,704,291 times
A lot of us were holding our breath, dreading the day when Trump's luck would run out and we would be faced with some crisis that he had to handle on his watch. It looks like that day is here.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:38 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,534,398 times
Imagine what you would all be saying if he didn't act and allowed the planned attacks against US embassies to occur and American lives were lost. Given he had the intel, you would want to impeach him.....

Old 01-03-2020, 11:42 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,562,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Too bad you didn't complain so much when the peace prize winning President destroyed Libya and tried to do the same in Syria, in addition to using a billion dollars in cruise missiles resulting I'm the deaths of 100 if not thousands of innocent lives? I guess all those deaths didn't create thousands of Terrorist
Everything American foreign policy has done in the past 75 years in the Middle East has created tens of thousands of terrorists, maybe more. I thought Trump might break the cycle, but nope, he joins a long list of abusers.

I guess it is just part of being an American President. Your boy is now part of the club too.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:51 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,971,554 times
I can't believe the talking point is that he was a bad guy and no one knows what Iran will do in retaliation, but Trump and historians will be able to figure it out in hindsight, after time.

Are we to accept that Trump killed off a leader in the ME, one as powerful as him, and he has no game plan; no go forward plan? Just react like Trump always does?

Buffoons in position of power are not always just funny.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:25 AM

16,135 posts, read 10,811,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Bullies walk all over those they perceive to be weak. What's concerning here is that Democrats are telegraphing to the Islamic terrorists (and to the rest of our enemies) that we will take a very soft approach to attacks and plots against us.
Weak? We are "droning" these people at will, day in and day out. No wonder they are pissed off.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:27 AM

31,133 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I can't believe the talking point is that he was a bad guy and no one knows what Iran will do in retaliation, but Trump and historians will be able to figure it out in hindsight, after time.

Are we to accept that Trump killed off a leader in the ME, one as powerful as him, and he has no game plan; no go forward plan? Just react like Trump always does?

Buffoons in position of power are not always just funny.
Obama had 563 drone strikes over 8 years killing thousands and Trump is abusing power and has no plan?. What exactly was Obama's plan with 563 drone strikes.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:31 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,860,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If a country is unable or unwilling to prevent its soil from being used to launch hostilities it no longer has legal sovereignty of the kind that must be respected.
So basically you do not know if the US had permission from Iraq to conduct such a strike? You think it should be a matter of routine and the norm to conduct air strikes in other countries without the permission of said country?

Would you like it if a foreign country conducted such a strike in the US? Imagine a person wanted by say Russia for terror reasons, and this terrorist is visiting just fine a legally in the US, and Russia conducted a strike near BWI airport and killed him, would you be for that? Or if Mexico feels the US is not doing enough to curb white supremacist groups that killed its citizens, would you be ok if Mexico then conducted air strikes on these groups in the US?

Old 01-04-2020, 12:34 AM

7,490 posts, read 4,971,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
A good very temporary diversionary tactic. Was afraid of another Benghazi and has so much anger towards Iran...knew he would start a war there. Regardless, Impeachment will continue on...
I think that Trump's strategy is that he is either going to claim leader of the world who solved the ME oil dispute, or he's going to gift the mess to the next government and claim that they made a mess of it. Either way, Trump's objective seems to be transparent and selfish and to the detriment of the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies