Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 11:17 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We have lost sight of the fact that none of this had to happen. We had a nuclear deal with Iran. While the US was honoring that deal there were no rocket attacks against any American interests in Iraq. There were no Iranian attacks on Gulf shipping. It all came apart when Trump, against advice of experts and his own cabinet and the pentagon pulled out of the agreement. Trump's bungling created this entire crisis. His bravado and lack of understanding escalated it. His stupidity will result in thousands more dying around the world and even here in the US.
but ,but he is playing 3 d chess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 11:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup he should just full on commit and destroy Iran. That would end it all.
I see where you are going !!!

I suppose we need more women in gov. who understand the importance and want a man to commit !!!

I don't see one democrat candidate who wouldn't be committed !!! They will do fine in most institutions but never occupy the HW !!!

Last edited by phma; 01-04-2020 at 11:34 AM..

Old 01-04-2020, 11:19 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Are you advocating for war with Iran? Most Trump supporters, I have been led to believe, are opposed to overseas conflicts. At least, that is what the 'talking points' have been.

We have just done the equivalent of a foreign country assassinating a Norman Schwarzkopf/Colin Powell- type American general. There are few practical benefits and an incredible amount of risk in such an action.
I'm not a "Trump supporter" but no, I'm not advocating for war witn Iran but I do support retaliating when the US is attacked and I don't mourn terrorist leaders when they are killed.

I also don't fear a war with Iran if that's what they wish.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
I think the problem much of the US and world is having with this is that Trump literally took unilateral action without consulting anyone besides Lindsey Graham, his kids and whoever else was hanging around his Florida resort.

And yet, everyone in the world will have to deal with the implications of this unilateral decision of Trump's to assassinate an official of another country. The UK has troops in Iraq, and yet Trump didn't see fit to consult Boris Johnson? Then Pompeo turns around and criticizes Europe for not being helpful after this? How clueless is that? Trump has no plan or strategy whatsoever and he's getting us into another quagmire. And he need not worry--he will get full credit for this and subsequent events.

The problem is that Trump is acting like a dictator again.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:21 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
And the rockets have begun to fly in Iraq. Another war brought to you by the GOP and its minority president.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:22 AM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You mean like our response to Beirut after 230 Marines were slaughter during the Reagan years? Or Trump's response when 4 Marines were slaughtered in Niger?
Actually, yes. There should have been a response to those attacks as well. Beirut was done by Hezbollah, an Iran proxy. There should have been a response to Iranian aggression 20 years ago-not a reward with pallets of cash.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:22 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
And the rockets have begun to fly in Iraq. Another war brought to you by the GOP and its minority president.
Sore loser?

Old 01-04-2020, 11:27 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,217,674 times
Getting nuked by Iran would be pretty scary to think about, I’ll say that much about potential retaliation from Iran; not to mention the fact that Iran hates America. I don’t know about other people’s opinions on this thread, but I feel that nuclear war on ANY level would be pretty unnerving and scary to think about......

Old 01-04-2020, 11:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sore loser?
I would say Trumpers are the losers. Trump turned out to be a pig in a poke. He campaigned that he would not do the kind of stupid things the last minority Republican president did with respect to the Middle East and here he is - neocon first class.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:28 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Going on the attack is the worst thing he could do at this point. There are no allies. There is no 'coalition of the willing' to assist. The US will be in this folly alone. Doesn't anyone remember the Vietnam War?

Some think Iran's revenge will be personal and not against the entire country, but that they will target Trump personally. Maybe think twice about staying at any of his international properties. And I think the Iranians will be taking their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies