Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Side Note:

I know someone that lives in Santa Rosa, CA with a large homeless camp almost in their back yard.

They have people from outside their neighborhood bringing in food, clothing, toiletries and probably needles etc. to "help" the homeless.

It would really anger me if I'm trying to raise my kids and there are homeless tents 200 feet away within view of my house with needles, rats and not all but some really bad people in the mix.

If it were me, I'd follow some of those people back to their gated communities or whatnot. Then I'd rent a big white van and offer to relocate homeless people and give them some cash if they agreed. next stop? Oh yeah...right in the nearest park or even in the persons front yard.

No different than living near a nature preserve and having a neighbor putting out food to attract bears into our back yard while also keeping a hog-pen next to my bedroom window for ambiance.
Maybe a better approach would be talking to your kids and explaining why all those people are living in those conditions in the year 2020.

Another good idea is starting the discussion of WHY there are so many drugs being sold in this country to begin with?!! How is it possible THIS AMOUNT of drugs CONSISTENTLY gets thru the border and reaches the street dealers? Our border protection is either ridiculously ineffective or there is collusion to some degree.

Too many people want to just make them move somewhere else, (out of sight out of mind), so they do not have to see these people!

Personally, I taught my kids early on, that this problem is caused by the DEA, I taught them that the DEA are criminals and terrorists and they deserve NO respect or honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 11:12 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times
This is an old issue. If they were required to exchange their used needles for new needles, the local governments wouldn't have to pay hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars annually for needle collection by way of paying workers to pick up needles all day long throughout the city, on public transportation (BART included), etc. Perhaps local government officials (democrats) want to keep these people alive for their vote.

That's how San Fransicko politicians roll. Tax payer dollars pay for free needles and safe places to inject. Tax payer dollars pay for the cleanup of used needles throughout the entire city, including on public transportation. Tax payer dollars pay to keep the junkies under the influence and alive. Junkies vote for democrats.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:05 PM

588 posts, read 225,547 times
I think its time for a needle buyback program. That should solve everything.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IF you feel this strongly about drugs (like I do), surely it upsets and outrages you to know that a federal govt agency is using our laws to benefit these criminal organizations (DEA)?

Have to remember, the Drug cartels love the DEA, without them, the cartels wouldnt have such a profitable marketplace in the first place.

I view the DEA to be on the same level as a terrorist organization (as they are a contributing factor in the deaths and ruined lives of 10s of 1000s of American citizens).
rstevens62, I lack the knowledge to respond to your post, so I'll defer to you on this one.

That said, in general, I'm no fan of government. Typically, politicians have a finger on the pulse of making decisions that keep the losers in office, i.e., making bunches of money, but not a finger on the pulse of what enhances the lives of common, everyday folks.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:16 PM

14,497 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The reason it isnt an exchange is because the idea is to not get infected by used needles. Infected needles and the associated care costs with that vs the cost of the needles. The lessor of 2 evils

THESE NEEDLES ARE ENDING UP DISCARDED EVERYWHERE! It is not the lesser of two evils, it's evil laying in wait for innocent people or children to stumble on it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=DISCARDED+NEEDLES

Old 02-14-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
A state that bans plastic straws but give away plastic needles by the millions to junkies, only to left on the streets.

California got their chit together!
Exactly! Our dear law-abiding, hard-working fellow citizens in Chico, CA can't get a plastic straw for a drink they purchase to boost the revenues for the local and state government, but the drug-addicted, criminal transients, who are terrorized the decent citizens of Chico, can get free plastic needles to inject illegal drugs into their waste-of-breath bodies.

So, CA state government and Chico City Council progressive libs think plastic straws will ruin CA, but not the 100s of used and discarded needles strewn about the schools, parks and waterways and public and private properties in Chico. Something is obviously wrong with that.

The local government of Chico is now experiencing what is feels like when good citizens of a town move to take it back. Outstanding job Chico citizens! They are organized and dominating their opponents!

Old 02-14-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
California does everything backwards, and eventually it's going to catch up with them.
Agreed, BeerGeek40! I think it's starting to catch up with CA liberal progressive because, now, more people are moving out of CA than moving into this freak-show of America.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Which is why so many are moving out of the state!
Bingo, and I'm one of them! I never want to live in a blue, nanny state again, ever. This is my last year in CA, and, once gone, I never want to step foot in this state again. Heck, even liberals are leaving CA to escape the progressive libs; they can't stand them either.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Amen from someone whose two junkie brothers died about 4 months apart and made the world a better place.
Been there too. A drug addict is a drug addict. If the drug addict does not harm anyone else and can pay for his/her habit, I could not care any less than I do what they do. But, typically, drug addicts steal, harm others, put others in danger and so on, and I then have zero compassion for them. If they OD, I see it as a positive outcome and a form of community service.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Having a cousin whose a manipulative addict and recently ripped off by 2 meth heads I can understand the resentment. Even though Death might be a little two much. It is family, friends and neighbors that typically pay the price and have their lives ruined for their addiction.
The poor law-abiding, hard-working citizens of Chico and not the family, friends or neighbors of the loser drug addict, criminal transients that have taken over their community and very lives. They drug-addict transients have terrorized the citizens of Chico to the point they are afraid to go out at night. Yes, even men too.

For any person to offer more compassion and help to the transgressor (read drug-addict transients), than the transgressee (read: law-abiding citizens) is unconscionable and wrong to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies