Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 12:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Been there too. A drug addict is a drug addict. If the drug addict does not harm anyone else and can pay for his/her habit, I could not care any less than I do what they do. But, typically, drug addicts steal, harm others, put others in danger and so on, and I then have zero compassion for them. If they OD, I see it as a positive outcome and a form of community service.

Perfect! I would have repped you but I repped your last post. My husband and I left the city of Seattle for the same reasons but we didn't get far enough. Still in blue Western Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 01:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Side Note:

I know someone that lives in Santa Rosa, CA with a large homeless camp almost in their back yard.

They have people from outside their neighborhood bringing in food, clothing, toiletries and probably needles etc. to "help" the homeless.

It would really anger me if I'm trying to raise my kids and there are homeless tents 200 feet away within view of my house with needles, rats and not all but some really bad people in the mix.

If it were me, I'd follow some of those people back to their gated communities or whatnot. Then I'd rent a big white van and offer to relocate homeless people and give them some cash if they agreed. next stop? Oh yeah...right in the nearest park or even in the persons front yard.

No different than living near a nature preserve and having a neighbor putting out food to attract bears into our back yard while also keeping a hog-pen next to my bedroom window for ambiance.
Agreed.

FYI--Some people in CA have tried, just what you have said you would do, to get a homeless person to relocate away from a house or school or business or so on. They have paid the transients a good amount of money to get away from them. Then, what happens is the transient soon comes back and said they would only leave if given more money. It's a vicious extortion-loop tactic that has no end and zero desired results.

There are no real consequences for transients' illegal, terrorizing behaviors so they simply move into an area and overtake it. Welcome to California!

Old 02-14-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Perfect! I would have repped you but I repped your last post. My husband and I left the city of Seattle for the same reasons but we didn't get far enough. Still in blue Western Washington.
Well, thank you kindly and ditto.

I have chosen the GREAT, red state of Idaho to move to. Won't live in a blue state again.

I had occasion to have a very large transient man stand in front of me when I was trying to open my car door and prevent me from doing so. He demanded money. NEVER gonna happen. It has terrifying when he yelled at me, came toward me and said he would "f me up." It was terrifying!

I stared him down and asked him if he was ready to meet his maker. I let him know that was about to happen. He stopped yelling and moved out of my way.

I am a woman, and he clearly thought he could put such fear in me that I would comply. Again, NEVER gonna happen.

I would rather lose my life than give my freedom, my rights and my dignity to a loser drug-addict, criminal transient. NEVER gonna happen.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Well, thank you kindly and ditto.

I have chosen the GREAT, red state of Idaho to move to. Won't live in a blue state again.

I had occasion to have a very large transient man stand in front of me when I was trying to open my car door and prevent me from doing so. He demanded money. NEVER gonna happen. It has terrifying when he yelled at me, came toward me and said he would "f me up." It was terrifying!

I stared him down and asked him if he was ready to meet his maker. I let him know that was about to happen. He stopped yelling and moved out of my way.

I am a woman, and he clearly thought he could put such fear in me that I would comply. Again, NEVER gonna happen.

I would rather lose my life than give my freedom, my rights and my dignity to a loser drug-addict, criminal transient. NEVER gonna happen.

Well said. I probably would have done something similar. I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I've been thinking about Idaho, Western Montana or at least Eastern Washington, which is a hell of a lot redder than the western part of the state.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Well said. I probably would have done something similar. I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I've been thinking about Idaho, Western Montana or at least Eastern Washington, which is a hell of a lot redder than the western part of the state.
Best saying EVER! Ditto! Appears we are more alike than different.

Yep, I considered Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. I landed on Idaho. Can hardly wait to see the fine citizens of Idaho exercising their open-carry rights. I plan on the same.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Best saying EVER! Ditto! Appears we are more alike than different.

Yep, I considered Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. I landed on Idaho. Can hardly wait to see the fine citizens of Idaho exercising their open-carry rights. I plan on the same.

Good for you!

Old 02-14-2020, 05:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
That program only encourages drug use-- further perpetuating the problem.

Instead I think we should use tax dollars and government funding to put people in rehab for 90 days if their caught using substances. Too bad if they don't want to go, after 90 days in rehab they can work on counseling and other health needs. Drugs and homelessness is ruining cities. No narcon, no free needles.
giving addicts free needles does not make people go out and shoot dope, where'd you get that idea from, Nancy Reagan?

Old 02-14-2020, 05:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Bingo, and I'm one of them! I never want to live in a blue, nanny state again, ever. This is my last year in CA, and, once gone, I never want to step foot in this state again. Heck, even liberals are leaving CA to escape the progressive libs; they can't stand them either.
I'm hoping that you haven't convinced yourself that California is the only state with a drug addiction problem...

Old 02-14-2020, 05:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Our boy T, sounding pleasant as ever...
No sympathy for pathetic idiots who claimed it’s my body. Okay, tough crap. They put themselves in that position.

Old 02-14-2020, 05:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm hoping that you haven't convinced yourself that California is the only state with a drug addiction problem...
Every state has a drug addiction problem.

Just like every state has an armed robbery problem by a centralized involuntary body that then redistributes the booty as it sees fit.

I doubt OP will want to talk about either issue though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies