Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2020, 11:11 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,043,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nope... Not the Senates Job to be prosecutor and jury.

The prosecution to make the case was open & shut in the House.
Again, completely false. Repeat this as much as you like. It's still wrong.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:14 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
The left is losing support. I've run into a lot of people here in southern CA who are quite over it with them. One such example is from yesterday. I was walking to the pet store, and passed by a Sprouts store (some type of store for those who buy the organic and whatever type of over priced products), and a lady was sitting outside of it with their proposals for the upcoming election in November. Stem cell research, consumer privacy act, school funding, property taxes, etc.

I decided to actually have a conversation with this one instead of saying "no thanks" like I usually do when they sit outside of stores. She looked like the type of person who would shop at that Sprouts store or a Whole Foods, and be very liberal. That's why I wanted to talk.

She was quite liberal, but as we continued to talk about the propositions, I made a comment that "truth trumps feelings".

She replied, "Thank you, Trump."

I thought she was being sarcastic, because it is CA afterall.

Nonetheless, kept talking to her, and the conversation turned towards this impeachment nonsense. Turns out, she's liberal. She's quite liberal. But, even she is disgusted with what the Dems have been doing, and she's decided that she's going to support Trump in November. I was so shocked to hear it that I shook her hand and said, "Welcome".

Yes, I know, "anecdotal evidence", but it's becoming clear that even those in this very liberal state, and in this very liberal area, are not all supporting the Dems in this clown show. They are losing support from the ones you would never expect. Of course, I haven't talked to millions of people, it doesn't erase the fact that I'm finding out that there's more support for Trump than I thought, around here. The area I live in now is very liberal.

I have an old Ron Paul sticker still on my car, and someone came up to me one day in the parking lot and said that she liked my sticker, said I was "brave" for having it on my car. Ron Paul? I mean, that's how liberal it is here. I simply replied, "What are they going to do? Preach at me? I'm not worried."

I'm not saying that CA is going to go red, there are enough morons here to keep voting for these twits in the House, but I am saying that more than I ever expected are starting to speak up and turning their backs on these Dems.

So, by all means, left, keep getting furious and making arses of yourselves - people are paying attention, and more than you think are not supporting this tantrum by the Dems.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
When has the jury also been the prosecutor in US history?
Don't play dumb.
Please inform yourself on how impeachment works. If you want to compare it to a trial, the House is the Grand Jury and the Senate is the judge, jury....... and executioner. To say there only job is to decide as a jury is false and disingenuous.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:16 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Exactly. The Senate's job is to evaluate the House's work and reach a verdict/judgment as to whether it's enough to remove. It's not a never-ending fishing expedition. Any trial lawyer would know this. You can't just call new witnesses who weren't disclosed and deposed before the trial unless there is a detailed proffer as to what their testimony will be.

That won't stop liberals from lying about it. We have 13 pages of it on this thread alone.
No. It's. Not. The Houses job is to prove there's sufficient grounds to support an indictment. They are not supposed to try the case. The Senate's job is to try the case.

Would it make sense for a trial to ONLY use evidence presented at the Grand Jury? Bc that's the argument you're making.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
When has the jury also been the prosecutor in US history?
Don't play dumb.
When the trial is in the Senate during an impeachment.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
There are a heck of a lot of us that do not want to see a Democrat in the White House next time.
Then try to find someone WITHOUT criminal instincts. I'd be glad to vote for them.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm pretty sure that fnh and 99% of the DNC's fans on C-D don't care about evidence either. If they did they would see this for the sham and hoax it is. I mean a 5th grader could look at the timeline and figure it out. 3+ years of Russian collusion ends in exoneration by Saint Robert Mueller. Then a Obama toadie runs to Adam Schiff and voila we have the Ukrainian hoax.

The Democrats must believe that everyone is as stupid as their base.
You had me right up until the end. One important fact you left out. The PERFECT phone call and all the machinations behind the scenes to coerce Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election. Sorry no cigar.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, what crime was committed?
Third base!

Old 01-21-2020, 11:22 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
Nope..... the Jury does not get to prosecute. They sit and watch what the house has.
Re-read what I wrote. The House presents the case to the Senate. In the Senate.

The articles are not the case, it is a statement of what the offense is.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:25 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Several posters here, and several Senators, are trying to pull all kinds of technical reasons why the trial should be dismissed. Obviously the Trump defenders do not want an actual trial with witnesses. Why is that? Obviously everyone knows he is guilty and wants to cover it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies