Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 05:14 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

The elections are a long way off yet.

I remember back when Obama could have used some Senate seats in 2014 and Hillary gearing up for 2016 went on a big anti-gun spiel while on book tour or whatever it was not long before the elections.

I mean seriously, there were all these seats in tight races in midwestern states and she freakin' slammed the door on the D's chances of picking up most of them.

Just a friendly reminder, you never know what might happen a month or so before the election. Could find yourself with somebody doing some grandstanding to the detriment of the party itself. <Looks over in AOC's direction nervously>

Of course, you never know what Trump may say so there is that....but people are used to him talking BS and don't believe him most of the time (wisely).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 05:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Sounds good, but I've got to figure out whom to vote for in our open-primary state. Naturally, I want to vote for the one most likely to lose.

(And before anyone objects, them's the rules. I'm sure plenty of Dems voted for Trump in the primary, thinking he was the most likely to lose the Hillary.)
I'm sure there were too. And look what happened.

Just sayin. Be careful what you wish for.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:15 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Hillary is a complete coward (surprise? nah) for dragging people when she doesn't have the girl-stones to just officially join the race. Strictly speaking, Donald Trump is a symptom. Hillary is a disease.

Not exactly! The choice of Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton reminds me of that line from the Rolling Stones' "Salt of The Earth" song ..." a choice of Cancer or Polio".

Old 01-23-2020, 05:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Oh please! Tell me one current candidate that could beat Trump.

I'm prepared to see HRC or Michelle Obama jump in on the brokered convention that is coming.

Mike Bloomberg is the only other logical choice and he is an old white billionaire! GREAT OPTICS for the party of identity politics. Maybe if he had Buttigieg (how great of a name is that BUTT-E-GIG) as his running mate (his running mate! I crack me up) he might get 45%.

Everyone else will be grounded in a logical choice.

Everything abut the US is running on high octane. Best EVERYTHING in decades.

Good luck to anyone still deluding themselves into believing they stand a chance against a guy who will chew them up and spit them out in a debate. It would be hilarious!!!

I am so looking forward to this. It'll be Jeb Bush (Deer in headlights) 2.0!

I can't wait!!!
Michelle Obama is the only one that could beat Trump.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:37 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Not exactly! The choice of Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton reminds me of that line from the Rolling Stones' "Salt of The Earth" song ..." a choice of Cancer or Polio".
It's more about one being the cause of the other.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:48 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's more about one being the cause of the other.

or vice versa!

Old 01-23-2020, 05:51 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
or vice versa!
That would imply to me, at this point, is that Trump is colluding with Hillary to cause further rifts in the Dem electorate now for his gain.

Not saying I don't buy it. The Trumps and Clintons are friends. The feud you see on TV is fake. It's like WWE.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:53 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,866,885 times
If you thought trumps base was energized in 2016 just wait and see what happens this fall.

We are pissed. We are organized. We will vote.

The senate is safe and sound and we will reclaim the house.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:56 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If you thought trumps base was energized in 2016 just wait and see what happens this fall.

We are pissed. We are organized. We will vote.

The senate is safe and sound and we will reclaim the house.
And you cap out at 43% of likely voters...

Old 01-23-2020, 06:14 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
They will. I don't see how it couldn't hurt the Republicans. They are protecting a criminal and putting party over country. And many are weaseling out like Senator Romney. I have no respect for that worm now and I PROUDLY have said that I voted for him in 2012, NOT Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No, but it will cost the Democrats the House of Representatives.
Nope. How would it cost them the House? If anything more Republicans voting that didn't in 2018 that did in 2016. That is a stretch since a lot stayed at home during 2016 in general. I'll admit, Hillary was a flawed low-energy candidate.

Quote:
Ditto!

The entire three years of resist, the non-stop witch hunt, all the divisive and expensive BS has cost the Dem's.

The impeachment is the last straw for independents. I know because I am one.

Again, for the umpteenth time, I did not vote for Trump. I voted for the Libertarian. I am a Paul Libertarian.

I will be voting for Trump this time around, and I will sleep like a baby knowing I voted for the right person. So will millions more.

I hope the left will blame Shiff, Pelosi, Waters, Nadler, Schumer, AOC and the 4 horse manures. The Dem's have been pulled off the cliff.
So the Republicans are just as off the cliff. If you don't think that wanting to have witnesses and pushing the idea that only wanting to have a foreign government investigate Biden AFTER Biden was beating Trump in polls a year and a half before the election was alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I won't venture a guess until the democrats pick a presidential candidate. who will they pick? I have no clue, but we will know in a few months....maybe.
I think it honestly don't make a difference though I do think Bernie is the best shot. Biden has baggage with this, Warren tanked with Medicare for All phase 1, Mayor Pete is a business as usual Corpocrat, Gabbard is a DINO and should just switch to being a Republican already. I wish Steer and Yang were in better positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It could do that if they continue to show contempt for the law and the constitution. They can get through this with honor, while getting what they want (acquit Trump), but the mockery is not working well.
Yeah that is what I am seeing. Look at Senator Graham's 180 from Clinton to Trump. He is a gutless coward.

Quote:
Oh please! Tell me one current candidate that could beat Trump.

I'm prepared to see HRC or Michelle Obama jump in on the brokered convention that is coming.

Mike Bloomberg is the only other logical choice and he is an old white billionaire! GREAT OPTICS for the party of identity politics. Maybe if he had Buttigieg (how great of a name is that BUTT-E-GIG) as his running mate (his running mate! I crack me up) he might get 45%.

Everyone else will be grounded in a logical choice.

Everything abut the US is running on high octane. Best EVERYTHING in decades.

Good luck to anyone still deluding themselves into believing they stand a chance against a guy who will chew them up and spit them out in a debate. It would be hilarious!!!

I am so looking forward to this. It'll be Jeb Bush (Deer in headlights) 2.0!

I can't wait!!!
Bernie WILL. Warren could have at one point than proved she was a Corpocrat like Mayor Pete and Biden. Bloomberg is too much of a nanny state guy. And mind you I do think government has places where they should step in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies