Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 04:55 PM

190 posts, read 57,130 times

Advertisements

Sounded like knickers to me, but still a bad slip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 04:55 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
If she has any black friends or co-workers then she couldn't possibly be racist.
If she does have black friends then she's probably heard that word often enough for it to stick in her head. Just saying.

Quote:
I think it was a set up.
Like they did to Ron Burgundy. Someone tampered with the teleprompter. Someone has it in for her and wanted her gone.
Now you're just reaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Nothing worse than witnessing my fellow conservatives playing the same games as liberals over something like this. She misspoke. We all do it.

Do you really want to contribute to this obscene culture of trying to ruin people over what they say at the odd moment, particularly when it's unintentional?
Like Roseanne Barr, who thought she was tweeting about a white person. In many photos VJ actually looks whiter than Barr. Barr lost just about everything related to her show. And she is not the only one to lose much over an unfortunate comment.

Personally, yes I'm tired of the "obscene culture of trying to ruin people over what they say, at the odd moment, particularly when it's unintentional", that the liberal left is famous for doing. If someone makes the mistake and apologizes then that should be it. If they continue to do it then fine, go after them.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Kobe passed away? Damn I was a bit of a fan. I have 11 of his rookie cards. Wish I had bought more of them.

As for the slip? The left would be calling for death if it were a Fox News reporter that made the same slip. They can lie to themselves about it, but let's be honest, they pounce on every opportunity to play the race card.

The think the woman knows squat about the NBA and should have done 5 minutes of research. I 100% don't believe that she meant to say the N word. I just believe that she is clueless to the sport.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:59 PM

319 posts, read 145,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
It's not the OP making something out of nothing. All of my Black friends started to post this on social media and they want this woman's head on a spike!
These are the same people who celebrated O.J. getting away with double-murder.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
did she say "Knickers".. like isn't there a team called the Knickers?
Even if she said "knickers", I think the outcry might be similar as that word could easily be misheard as or for the N-word.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:04 PM

45,413 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Even if she said "knickers", I think the outcry might be similar as that word could easily be misheard as or for the N-word.
Like the guy in DC government who was fired for using the word "*****rdly" when describing the appropriation for a project?

Back to the reporter who let her true feelings surface.

Some of you need to review consonant sounds, specifically for "g" and "k".

Old 01-26-2020, 05:06 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
It's not the OP making something out of nothing. All of my Black friends started to post this on social media and they want this woman's head on a spike!
Then your black friends are making something out of nothing too.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:06 PM

8,340 posts, read 2,967,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Nothing worse than witnessing my fellow conservatives playing the same games as liberals over something like this. She misspoke. We all do it.

Do you really want to contribute to this obscene culture of trying to ruin people over what they say at the odd moment, particularly when it's unintentional?
At first I thought wow, I need to listen to this tape. She misspoke. If she gets fired I’d sue. It was a very unfortunate slip. MSNBC is crap but she doesn’t deserve to get fired. That word is used daily and intentionally by rappers and others, including Kobe Bryant. This was an unfortunate accident.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:11 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
It is all about intent- If she didn’t know the team might have tried to say knicks but there should be follow up apology. I get tounge tied all the time- especially when tired -doesn’t mean I mean harm - I just sound stupid when it does happen. Stupid mistake - unless you find other facts showing she is a racist.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
At first I thought wow, I need to listen to this tape. She misspoke. If she gets fired I’d sue. It was a very unfortunate slip. MSNBC is crap but she doesn’t deserve to get fired. That word is used daily and intentionally by rappers and others, including Kobe Bryant. This was an unfortunate accident.
I agree. She shouldn't be fired, but she should take a rip. At least try to be a professional and do a little research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies