Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2020, 05:14 PM

8,340 posts, read 2,966,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I agree that it was an inadvertant tounge twister slip.

BUT ... without a doubt if this was on Fox News, people would be burning down their studio by now.
Exactly. Liberals here and elsewhere would be having a TDS type race-fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 05:32 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Exactly. Liberals here and elsewhere would be having a TDS type race-fit.
Do you think she should be fired for whatever she did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
This would have been a feeding frenzy that would make Great Whites and Piranha fish look like guppies.
Piranha fish look sort of like guppies to me, but hey, ymmv, yada yada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I believe she made a mistake and that she should have at least tried to learn a little about the subject matter. I also believe that the studio should have used a reporter who had a clue.
So you want to judge liberals with the same yardstick they use on us.

Two wrongs make a right. News at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I listened 3x and heard a hard “k” each time.
Me too.

Nakkers. The L.A. Nakkers.

Tell the world this, don't think you will go far, genie is out of the bottle so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
The topic title is pretty misleading. It makes it sound like the N-word was part of the official news copy or something.
You must have not checked out the World Wide Web too much, her facebook page, probably her Twitter; they are calling for her head.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-26-2020 at 05:49 PM..

Old 01-26-2020, 05:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
It is all about intent- If she didn’t know the team might have tried to say knicks but there should be follow up apology. I get tounge tied all the time- especially when tired -doesn’t mean I mean harm - I just sound stupid when it does happen. Stupid mistake - unless you find other facts showing she is a racist.
Now be honest. Would you say the same thing if Imus or Rush made the same exact mistake? We have seen those on the left reach from here to Pluto to find a way to use the race card for anything someone on the right says. This would have been a feeding frenzy that would make Great Whites and Piranha fish look like guppies.

I believe she made a mistake and that she should have at least tried to learn a little about the subject matter. I also believe that the studio should have used a reporter who had a clue.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Old 01-26-2020, 05:46 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You are correct, middle-aged mom. I have transcribing headphones and audio-enhancing software. She said neekers.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:46 PM

858 posts, read 424,691 times
The topic title is pretty misleading. It makes it sound like the N-word was part of the official news copy or something.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
She's toast. And should be.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:54 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1fD5CR_Au0

WOW!

I know there are racists of all political persuasions, but this conforms with my observation of liberal elites often being hostile toward black people. They talk a good game, but rarely live the walk in my experience. In this case, she got caught talking the racist talk. Damn. This is sick.

I'm usually willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but for that word to even be on the tip of your tongue for such a slip is pretty damning.

More on the incident:

https://news.grabien.com/story-while...r-somehow-says

Don't expect the same kind of outrage as you'd see if such a "slip" was heard on Fox News
I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt...and no I would not give it to a white right person.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:19 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1fD5CR_Au0

WOW!

I know there are racists of all political persuasions, but this conforms with my observation of liberal elites often being hostile toward black people. They talk a good game, but rarely live the walk in my experience. In this case, she got caught talking the racist talk. Damn. This is sick.

I'm usually willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but for that word to even be on the tip of your tongue for such a slip is pretty damning.

More on the incident:

https://news.grabien.com/story-while...r-somehow-says

Don't expect the same kind of outrage as you'd see if such a "slip" was heard on Fox News
She seemed to pause before she said it-weird. She needs to be fired.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:40 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt...and no I would not give it to a white right person.
Doesn't that make you racist. Wrong is wrong no matter what the color or being a lib or cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies