Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 03:48 PM

319 posts, read 145,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It sounded pretty clear to me what she said. And if I heard a mid word "k" sound, perhaps I'd be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she simply slipped and included "Knicks" (as in the New York Knicks or Knickerbockers), but I heard a strong mid word "g" in her statement.
I'm actually all for giving people a second chance for a mistake, but she needs to be treated the same way a white man would be treated by the left for the same mistake.

She should never work again and MSNBC should be picketed, boycotted and lose sponsors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 03:49 PM

319 posts, read 145,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
o.

I'm sure you'd love it if Maddow were that dumb and/or racist, but - she isn't.
Oh, she's dumb alright.

And you have no idea if she's racist or not.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:50 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
I'm actually all for giving people a second chance for a mistake, but she needs to be treated the same way a white man would be treated by the left for the same mistake.

She should never work again and MSNBC should be picketed, boycotted and lose sponsors.
Yup, she should go.

But she works for an NBC station, not MSNBC. See above.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:50 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Left wing media on how they really feel about minorities.

Nobody should be surprised.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:51 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
That's the excuse the lady is making, that she was trying to combine the word Lakers with the Knicks. I'm sure she'll have her supporters but sorry I'm not that stupid.

There's absolutely NO mistaking "Knayckers" with the N-word. Come on now.

The fact that the N-word would so automatically slip out of anyone's tongue like that in public speaks volumes.

We will soon see more social media posts and an on-air tear filled apology about how she has black friends and that's not how she was raised as a person.

So utterly predictable.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:53 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
How does one accidentally say that word? It never comes out of my mouth or enter my thoughts as a word to use. Ever. There isn't even a word that it could be mistaken for. A ****** when talking about drinks and bartending is the only thing even close. C_D even bleeps out my use of an actual word with a j.

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yup, she should go.

But she works for an NBC station, not MSNBC. See above.
The segment was streaming on MSNBC. And per her IG page, she broadcasts on MSNBC from 2-4PM on Sundays. So she appears to work for both

https://www.instagram.com/alisonmorrisnow/?hl=en

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
Oh, she's dumb alright.
Oh right.

"She earned a degree in public policy at Stanford in 1994.[20] At graduation, she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship.[21] She was the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. She had also been awarded a Marshall Scholarship the same year but turned it down in favour of the Rhodes.[22] This made her the first open lesbian to win an international Rhodes Scholarship.[a][24] In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics at the University of Oxford.[25] Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons, and her supervisor was Lucia Zedner.[26]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Maddow

Please list your international awards and degrees from prestigious universities. Thank you.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:54 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
did she say "Knickers".. like isn't there a team called the Knickers?
Yes, but they changed their name to the Los Angeles Trousers.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:54 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,374 times
Alison Morris‏Verified account @AlisonMorrisNOW 43m43 minutes ago

Earlier today, while reporting on the tragic news of Kobe Bryant’s passing, I unfortunately stuttered on air, combining the names of the Knicks and the Lakers to say “Nakers.” Please know I did not & would NEVER use a racist term. I apologize for the confusion this caused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies