Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 10:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times

Advertisements

And - here's the thing. Trump may not have known just how inappropriate the whole thing was. He is use to making deals for his private business where there are no real rules. This is different BUT Barr, Bolton , Pompeo all know......they know what is considered inappropriate or unacceptable ..........they have lots to lose professionally.

Trump will go back to selling his names on buildings....oh wait -- never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 10:17 PM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times
New York times has a history of reguarly manufacturing news.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:19 PM

10,086 posts, read 14,479,668 times
When Trump is acquitted by the Senate in a couple of weeks, what is the next investigation based on something made up, that the Democrats are gonna start?

For 2 years+ we all heard Trump colluded with the Russians.
There was zero collusion.

Now for the past 9 months + we've all heard Trump should be impeached--he withheld Ukraine aid for his own political gain.
He was impeached by the House (only the Democrats vote yes) and will be acquitted by the Senate.

What's next? Gonna be election related, I'm sure. Probably like he's working with the Russians to rig the election. LOL

I mean, this won't stop until the Democrats lose power. It's exhausting, and actually comical at this point.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:21 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,600,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't care one way or the other if Trump is guilty. What I care about is the truth. I already believe if one has nothing to hide they will hide nothing so I am leaning towards Trump being guilty because they have tried so hard to prevent testimony or documents from being seen.
If we have first hand witnesses like Bolton and Mulvanny testify we will all have a better picture. We deserve the truth.

I'm afraid that we have been brought to a new era, where the last vestige of truth in politics has become an extinct entity. After all, Trump has shown how well falsehood can be crafted to take the place of truth and yet many millions will swear allegiance to him. Why should any politician want to be honest and forthright after this example has been shown to work (for three years, at least). A hard blow has been delivered to our way of life and our principles.

Does a politician exist, who has the strength and fortitude to sweep all this aside and start us on the road to recovery? Who might that be, does anyone know? There have been many republicans who have been admitting lately, that they have no one on their side except Trump, who would have a chance of winning. I doubt that many of them, deep down, have any expectation of him doing it again. It remains to be seen, how lasting will be the damage the stooges who hoisted him up, will have caused.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:28 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,774,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
When Trump is acquitted by the Senate in a couple of weeks, what is the next investigation based on something made up, that the Democrats are gonna start?

The Mueller investigation was kicked off by the DoJ under Trump. Rosenstein is a Republican and so is Mueller. Has nothing to do with the Democrats. His own party thinks, or knows, Trump is not to be trusted. He is slimy.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:05 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,869,504 times
The bigger news would be if he allowed the Ukraine aid in the first place just to offer them something big enough to get his favor. Obama never offered this level of aid. Think about how big that would be.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:15 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,917,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The bigger news would be if he allowed the Ukraine aid in the first place just to offer them something big enough to get his favor. Obama never offered this level of aid. Think about how big that would be.
A few points:

Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014.

Congress appropriates the funds.

Under the Obama administration, the US committed ~$600M of military aid for extensive military training, equipment and facilities.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post

Now for the past 9 months + we've all heard Trump should be impeached--he withheld Ukraine aid for his own political gain.
He was impeached by the House (only the Democrats vote yes) and will be acquitted by the Senate.

What's next? Gonna be election related, I'm sure. Probably like he's working with the Russians to rig the election. LOL

I mean, this won't stop until the Democrats lose power. It's exhausting, and actually comical at this point.
Trump if he wins in 2020 (I doubt he will) and he is still president in 2021 (again I think he wont regardless of the election) I really think that he will be impeached because he will commit yet another high crime and misdemeanor.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:27 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,917,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
New York times has a history of reguarly manufacturing news.

It's not cheap but a subscription to the New York Times, one of the most respected news outlets in the world, will arm you with high-quality news and information. You should try it sometime.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:04 AM

14,787 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Quote:
The New York Times is an American newspaper based in New York City with worldwide influence and readership. Founded in 1851, the paper has won 127 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other newspaper.
link
The New York Times is one of the best! It is respected and trusted worldwide.
But hey I understand, if you don't like the message....just shoot the messenger.
It's a lot easier than dealing with facts and reality.

Yes, even local news here in Red, Red Kentucky are covering it.
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...kzbpvOrPBXqCZs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies