Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 08:33 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why? Most Republicans didn't care after Trump called some of them "human scum".
I remind you that these are the same right wingers who thought Joe Wilson was a national hero for interrupting Obama's SOTU. I think Pelosi was in the wrong but you will never get these righties to criticize Joe Wilson for what he did.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:35 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,727,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Nasty Nancy is a repulsive hate filled human being, who has solidified her status as a national disgrace. That stunt she pulled last night made her appear mean spirited, spiteful, petulant... Not characteristics we hold very high in this nation.

It's no wonder Pantifa and the rest of the losers are causing so many problems in our society. They are taking marching orders from Nasty Pelosi. And don't forget her counterpart, Mad Maxine Waters, who is actually telling her supporters to get into people's faces and cause problems simply because they don't agree with their politics. Disgusting the behavior we are seeing from the left. Even more disgusting because the democrat politicians are DEMANDING this disgusting behavior!

Nasty Pelosi has destroyed her party due to the impeachment hoax, and now she has proceeded to destroy her career and life's work. Everything democrats touch dies!
If Nancy Pelosi is nasty, repulsive and hate-filled, what does that make Trump?

Old 02-05-2020, 08:48 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,727,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Lifelong Democrat here. Volunteered for the Mondale, Dukakis and Gore campaigns (I'm a sucker for underdogs). Served on the board of the local Democratic Party for years. Never again will I vote for a Democrat in any way, shape or form. They have made it perfectly clear that they don't care about me or what I stand for.
Could you be more specific? I’m an independent voter, but Dem leaning. I can’t stand Trump’s character/lawlessness and don’t like the way that Dems cater to illegals. I think that balance between the parties is the way to Keep the power in check. I could tolerate Trump as long as the senate and House are Dem controlled. Trump and the Senate have too much power in harshly changing the makeup of the judiciary.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:52 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
That was the one move which destroyed what's left of the Democrat party.

Pelosi's antics are going to cause a lot of Democrats to leave the party.

Remember she's the reason that Obama lost the senate in 2014, and lost the chance to place another member on the Supreme Ct. Every single on of those Republicans, who took seats from incumbent Democrats in 2014 ran on the Obama/Pelosi record. It was devastating to the Democrats.

It will be devastating again. I predicted this on this forum on Nov 2018 when I said that Democrats taking control of the house was the greatest re-election gift to Trump of all time. Paul Ryan was no longer the problem, Nancy Pelosi was. And man did she prove me right.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:54 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
it's amazing how only righties are the ones who managed to hear Democrats upset with Nancy Pelosi and quitting the Democratic party over this. It's almost as if this is bull made up by the right who - as always - are completely wrong when they claim to be the experts on what Democrats think.

Oh btw, actual Democrats would never say "I'll never vote Democrat again" because we know that Democrat is a noun and Democratic is an adjective and the name of the party is the Democratic Party, and not the slur used by the right. And when someone uses Democrat as an adjective, it means that those were fake callers prompted by the right to call in and lie about being Dems who were so upset with this that they were leaving the party.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:55 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Lifelong Democrat here. Volunteered for the Mondale, Dukakis and Gore campaigns (I'm a sucker for underdogs). Served on the board of the local Democratic Party for years. Never again will I vote for a Democrat in any way, shape or form. They have made it perfectly clear that they don't care about me or what I stand for.
Walk away baby...walk away. If you choose to come to the GOP, we welcome you with open arms and an open mind!

Old 02-05-2020, 08:57 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
The New York Post showed pictures of the pages that were “pre ripped”

The whole thing was planned ahead of time which makes it more pathetic

Old 02-05-2020, 09:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
it's amazing how only righties are the ones who managed to hear Democrats upset with Nancy Pelosi and quitting the Democratic party over this. It's almost as if this is bull made up by the right who - as always - are completely wrong when they claim to be the experts on what Democrats think.

Oh btw, actual Democrats would never say "I'll never vote Democrat again" because we know that Democrat is a noun and Democratic is an adjective and the name of the party is the Democratic Party, and not the slur used by the right. And when someone uses Democrat as an adjective, it means that those were fake callers prompted by the right to call in and lie about being Dems who were so upset with this that they were leaving the party.
Oh a grammar nazi is among us. Come on Emm you are better than that. It's common to use a short form. I have seen people do the same with Republican. Ive said it about both. I won't vote for someone either party endorses. Chances are we will get stuck with a Clinton or Bush or a Trump.

After how the (democratic) party has behaved for the last 3 years? I absolutely won't vote for whomever they endorse. I already don't vote for incumbents unless they absolutely do as they say.

I did a write in for Jim Webb last time. I might write in Tulsi Gabbard this time.

Old 02-05-2020, 09:14 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Oh a grammar nazi is among us. Come on Emm you are better than that. It's common to use a short form. I have seen people do the same with Republican. Ive said it about both. I won't vote for someone either party endorses. Chances are we will get stuck with a Clinton or Bush or a Trump.

After how the (democratic) party has behaved for the last 3 years? I absolutely won't vote for whomever they endorse. I already don't vote for incumbents unless they absolutely do as they say.

I did a write in for Jim Webb last time. I might write in Tulsi Gabbard this time.
Using Democrat as a pejorative is a well known thing. Actual Democrats would never say they belong to the Democrat Party. Those callers were plants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Old 02-05-2020, 09:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Using Democrat as a pejorative is a well known thing. Actual Democrats would never say they belong to the Democrat Party. Those callers were plants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)
Well I guess it depends where you are from I guess. I have heard more than a few democrats call it the democrat party.

To me it's not evidence of anything.

I personally never saw the issue. Most in my experience dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies