Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2020, 09:06 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times

Advertisements

After all the complaints of Trumps childish behaviors, tweets and uncivil behavior....Pelosi just jump into the hog pen and started rolling around with him.

Not a smart move imo.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:11 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I believe Pelosi is succumbing to her advanced age similar to Biden, and Bernie. She's become worse and worse as she ages, and I think it effects her judgment. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just a fact that she is more, and more mentally and physically unstable. These career politicians crave power so much they always stay way TOO LONG.
So, let me get this straight.

A career politician, savy enough to be a major force in democratic politics through decades of wheeling and dealing plus manuevering through the old boys clubs....and you think that her action was unintentional and not planned?

Seriously?

If you sit down and think for a minute, you might be able to come up with some other scenarios.

Think first, then consider this one...ever single time you keep going to the impaired judgment angle, should we worry the same about you?

Spoiler
Pelosi was posturing for the progressives after the failed impeachment. She wants to retain her speakership after this fall and so she did some self-serving grandstanding.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A career politician, savy enough to be a major force in democratic politics through decades of wheeling and dealing plus manuevering through the old boys clubs....and you think that her action was unintentional and not planned?
HAW.....! What nonsense.

She's elected from a extremely non-competitive district never haven actually gotten more than a few 100,000 votes in her entire life. She's never primaried by design..

Her only claim to fame and the source of all her power is simply that she's outlasted everyone else in her party doing the same.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:39 AM

181 posts, read 378,509 times
I think it's way past time that this country had multiple political parties. Having only just two isn't going to cut it anymore.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:44 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,569,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, let me get this straight.

Seriously?

If you sit down and think for a minute, you might be able to come up with some other scenarios.

Think first, then consider this one...ever single time you keep going to the impaired judgment angle, should we worry the same about you?

Spoiler
Pelosi was posturing for the progressives after the failed impeachment. She wants to retain her speakership after this fall and so she did some self-serving grandstanding.

I am saying her judgment is so impaired that even her planned, scripted actions, such as this, are counterproductive to her party. You don't have to worry about me, but I appreciate that we have people such as you to monitor us all.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:45 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
"Long-Time Dems Quitting Party Over Pelosi Ripping Up SOTU Speech
"Older Dems moving away from party, which highlights growing divisions within"
https://www.infowars.com/long-time-d...p-sotu-speech/

https://twitter.com/FogCityMidge/sta...44075524456450

Nancy made a miscalculation.
I don't agree or like what she did but don't put much stock is people calling any shows claiming to be anything.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:01 AM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
HAW.....! What nonsense.

She's elected from a extremely non-competitive district never haven actually gotten more than a few 100,000 votes in her entire life. She's never primaried by design..

Her only claim to fame and the source of all her power is simply that she's outlasted everyone else in her party doing the same.
I'm kind of leaning this way too. She's from a district that would never out her. I don't think that she's really all of this great of a political strategist. I think she knew from way back when that Impeachment wasn't a good thing. She even said as much a good while back. I just think that the crazies in the party that are driving it left were/ are raising too much hell and she's afraid that she'll lose control and basically she went with the flow.

I think the old lady is starting to lose it a little the way Biden is. I hear her in speeches and interviews and she's not coming off all that sharp to me these days.

My humble opinion of course.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:04 AM

23,970 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am saying her judgment is so impaired that even her planned, scripted actions, such as this, are counterproductive to her party. You don't have to worry about me, but I appreciate that we have people such as you to monitor us all.
I take it you didn't see her weekly press conference.

It helps to watch with an open mind. Those jaundiced views color everything.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
"Long-Time Dems Quitting Party Over Pelosi Ripping Up SOTU Speech
"Older Dems moving away from party, which highlights growing divisions within"
https://www.infowars.com/long-time-d...p-sotu-speech/

https://twitter.com/FogCityMidge/sta...44075524456450

Nancy made a miscalculation.

Imagine how many AREN'T calling.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:28 AM

18,432 posts, read 8,264,501 times
..Trump has already turned away and heading for the podium...he didn't even see Pelosi stick out her hand

Pelosi said she didn't plan to tear up the State of the Union paper ahead of time..
...she was caught...on camera....ripping the papers ahead of time so she could tear them easier

oh the 12 year old drama queen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies