Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2020, 10:29 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Both parties are moving away from the mainstream. I hardly recognize the Republican party any more and the Democrats are looking more obtuse. I don't blame Nancy for shredding the transcript though -- it was an honest response.
it was an honest response???.....would you be saying that if the republican speaker of the house did that to Obama's SOU????.....

Old 02-06-2020, 10:39 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Well... DUH!

We Libertarians have been trying to tell the Dem's in here that Trump has been the best Democrat to ever be President.

He isn't a conservative by any stretch.

The Pubs hated him as much as the Dems when he was elected.

The thing is that the Pub's changed, they corrected their course. Now, they are reaping the benefits of unifying under Trump.

The Dem's?

They are fractured and sailing a sinking ship. Ship of fools.
Most of the SOTU was far more liberal or centrist than what is typically characterized as right-wing (if you take "right-wing" as pro-corporations, etc-definitions are blurring).

-Trump's actions toward "fair trade" are far more centrist than "big business". Big business doesn't care where they get products made, and in fact prefer to go overseas-labor and regs are cheaper. Tilting the playing field such that it encourages domestic production is NOT something corporations want.

-Illegal immigration is FAVORED by corporations and many businesses-even though it guts workers. Businesses like their cheap labor that won't ask any questions.

-Paid Family Leave. Nothing really needs to be said here.

The closest he comes to being "right wing" from a religious standpoint is limiting late-term abortions. But that's not inherently a religious issue-even atheists (such as myself) that actually support legal abortion have trouble with the fact that it is killing babies.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:08 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Those are Trumper shills.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:10 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Sure. “I’m going to abandoned my core principles and vote against every policy I have ever supported because someone who belongs to my party tore up some paper on which was printed a speech by a person whose policies I entirely oppose.”

Sure.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:39 PM

the ancient one sure acted CHILDISH

Old 02-06-2020, 02:15 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
"Long-Time Dems Quitting Party Over Pelosi Ripping Up SOTU Speech
"Older Dems moving away from party, which highlights growing divisions within"
https://www.infowars.com/long-time-d...p-sotu-speech/

https://twitter.com/FogCityMidge/sta...44075524456450

Nancy made a miscalculation.
Nancy Pelosi made no miscalculation.

Democratic Party members calling C-span to quit the party? Highly suspicious and very doubtful. Oh, and brought to us by Infowars. :hamd

To those Trumpsters who are complaining over the ripping of paper upon which a partisan speech, masquerading as a SOTU address, was written, I ask where is your outrage when Donald Trump rips the Constitution and this country and our democracy to shreds?

Chanting 4 more years in the House Chamber? tsk tsk tsk.

Here is an idea simply put: Trump and Company shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-06-2020 at 02:29 PM..

Old 02-06-2020, 02:34 PM

37,977 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There are plenty of good reasons to leave the Democratic Party (or, better yet, not join). Nancy Pelosi tearing up some papers isn’t one of them.
Not by itself, but the actions and words by elected Democrats in Washington, and their voters, have been an embarrassment for over four years now.

From the supporters of Bernie and Hilary, in roving mobs during the election, assaulting Trump supporters, to Hilary's DNC actively screwing over Bernie, to the ***** hat riots after the election - "not my president" resistance. To the numerous leaks of sensitive State Department phone calls to foreign leaders, to the Russian collusion farce, the impeachment debacle, complete with gold pen souvenirs, culminating with Pelosi's odd behavior during the SOTU speech and her tearing up the speech afterwards, not to mention the disaster in Iowa. And this is a very hasty tossed together short list.

and people find it odd, that some Democrats are ticked off??

Old 02-06-2020, 02:37 PM

37,977 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
{snip}

Here is an idea simply put: Trump and Company shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.
Dude!!! We want more of it, P L E A S E ! !

more felony leaks of classified information by State Department holdovers, more *****-hat riots, more roving bands of Bernie supporting thugs, more childish name calling, more over the top weirdness from Madame Speaker Pelosi, more antisemitism from the squad, just give us more of the last four years PLEASE!!

Old 02-06-2020, 02:37 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
These people calling into C-SPAN are Liars.
True Dems will not stop voting for their party over what Pelosi did with Trump's Speech of Lies !

Old 02-06-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
These people calling into C-SPAN are Liars.
True Dems will not stop voting for their party over what Pelosi did with Trump's Speech of Lies !
True democrats would not vote for these fascist liberals who want communism....

both Pelosi and Schiff are up to his bulging eyeballs in corruption in the Ukraine by the liberals

the far left has killed the democratic party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies