Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It is free and readily available :

2018 Title X Infographic - HHS
It doesn't say that anywhere, read it again. It talks about the number who are eligible for subsidized services which is NOT what I said. I said free and readily available, that means you can get it easily and quickly and not have to worry about waiting for your medicaid application being approved in order to pay for it. But that will never happen because some people enjoy poor shaming more than they do seeking solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
you can't force people that would be barbaric. However i do think if you offered people getting welfare, including medicaid, because they have babies we could offer to pay them to be snipped or have the tubes tied. it would be cheaper to pay them 10k each then pay for every baby. Of course you would face the cries of "racism" if you did so.
I wouldn't call it racism, I would just call it unconscionably cruel

Old 02-07-2020, 12:27 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It doesn't say that anywhere, read it again.
Yes, it does:

Almost 4,000 service sites
$286.5 million budget (NOT Medicaid)
6.5 million family planning encounters
90% of clients receive free or low-cost services and contraceptives

Old 02-07-2020, 12:29 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have a problem with that because it seems to show that the great majority of "baby mommas" are black, when all four of the never-married moms that I have known personally are white. (And, yes, I know the above is just a video, but it still perpetuates the stereotype.)
It is not a stereotype, per capita, blacks have the highest rate by far, matter of fact, the majority are in fatherless homes. That is no longer a stereotype, that is a fact if not the norm.

Additionally, she is marketing her music to a specific group, so like ever other consumer product ever created in history, they will focus heavily on the target market.

Old 02-07-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
It is not a stereotype, per capita, blacks have the highest rate by far, matter of fact, the majority are in fatherless homes. That is no longer a stereotype, that is a fact if not the norm.

Additionally, she is marketing her music to a specific group, so like ever other consumer product ever created in history, they will focus heavily on the target market.
All true. Blacks have the highest unwed birth rate and the highest SNAP (food stamps), etc., enrollment rate.

Old 02-07-2020, 12:42 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
you can't force people that would be barbaric. However i do think if you offered people getting welfare, including medicaid, because they have babies we could offer to pay them to be snipped or have the tubes tied. it would be cheaper to pay them 10k each then pay for every baby. Of course you would face the cries of "racism" if you did so.
Quote:
I wouldn't call it racism, I would just call it unconscionably cruel

So you are saying that OFFERING (not forcing) to pay for them to get "snipped" is cruel? And/or that trying to limit families is also cruel? No one has suggested not allowing anyone to not be allowed to have ANY children -- or at least not on THIS thread, unless I missed it.

Well, we obviously have vastly different ideas as to what constitutes "cruelty", but I am not crazy enough to continue arguing with you.

I must confess I would love to know what your interest is in all this -- not that I expect you to satisfy my curiosity. My interest comes as someone who pays more in taxes than the average person in taxes and who has witnessed firsthand the terrible outcome of women who have children that they have not cared for in ANY way except as a means to satisfy their egos in some way, and to gain some financial advantage and/or to try to force a continued relationship with some man. (And, yes, I do know that these were the reasons in the cases of single moms who I have known. I am not saying that these were the motivation for all unwed mothers!)

Last edited by katharsis; 02-07-2020 at 12:56 PM..

Old 02-07-2020, 12:50 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
I think maybe a snip law might work with mandatory dna tests- but we are a country of Freedom. But until I see more effort on curtailing the men- just pregnating every gal they meet - I’m not buying it. We have in the past coerced the poor black/ Latina girls to get sterilized back in the 60’s see the write up on the “ Relf sisters” . I even remember when wives opted to get cut so they could be approved for a mortgage. As long as she could get pregnant - could lose her job so income was not considered unless prooved could no longer have kids.
Nothing is going to work. China tried and more baby girls ended drowned in the river and little boys were kidnapped all the time.
Best you can hope for is free BC for all - male and female. And good luck.

Old 02-07-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, it does:

Almost 4,000 service sites
$286.5 million budget (NOT Medicaid)
6.5 million family planning encounters
90% of clients receive free or low-cost services and contraceptives
I said free and readily available, that says "free or low cost" and 4000 facilities which will probably drop by 50% once the local planned parenthood clinics close because of Trump's 'new rule' https://www.npr.org/2019/08/20/75267...itle-x-program

Old 02-07-2020, 01:03 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Did you know that the Bible Belt states have the highest rates of teen pregnancy and rates of STI infection. Hardly a "leftist utopia".
Absolutely. Highest teen birthrate by state:
Arkansas: 32.8
Mississippi: 31.0
Oklahoma: 29.7
Louisiana: 29.1
Kentucky: 29.0
New Mexico: 27.9
Texas: 27.6
West Virginia: 27.1
Alabama: 27.0
Tennessee: 26.6

Why? Because there are only a few times a small town, uneducated girl will feel important and one of them is having a baby. It's a social status deal.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I said free and readily available, that says "free or low cost" and 4000 facilities which will probably drop by 50% once the local planned parenthood clinics close because of Trump's 'new rule' https://www.npr.org/2019/08/20/75267...itle-x-program
PP does not have 2,000 clinics. It doesnt even have 1,000 (PP has only about 650 clinics, with most located in metropolitan areas where there are already public Title X clinics). And, yes, no/low-income women qualify for free or very low-cost contraceptive services, meds, and devices at Title X clinics. They don't even have to be on Medicaid to qualify. That's the entire point of the hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayer Title X funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies