Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 06:06 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times

Advertisements

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...-stopped-after

"Russians are using “false personas [and] fake media accounts” online. "

“Other countries, like China for example, have very active foreign malign influence efforts in this country,”

FBI Director Christopher Wray

While many seem to believe in "Deep State" and that our county is being subverted by "insiders" with little or no evidence, the truth is "outsiders"/foreign countries continue their brainwashing of the US masses on a daily basis.

I am of the opinion that these foreign campaigns are having a profound effect on the general population. Especially those less educated and less savvy that already hold animosity toward government in general. By spreading dissent through misinformation, the fundamental ideology of truth and justice is questioned and the rule of anarchy and weakening social structure increases. Its part of a larger game plan of 'if you can't defeat the military, defeat the people that support it and the military will be defeated as well.'

So days I feel this disinformation campaign is so widespread you can not escape it, not even here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 06:10 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...-stopped-after

"Russians are using “false personas [and] fake media accounts” online. "

“Other countries, like China for example, have very active foreign malign influence efforts in this country,”

FBI Director Christopher Wray

While many seem to believe in "Deep State" and that our county is being subverted by "insiders" with little or no evidence, the truth is "outsiders"/foreign countries continue their brainwashing of the US masses on a daily basis.

I am of the opinion that these foreign campaigns are having a profound effect on the general population. Especially those less educated and less savvy that already hold animosity toward government in general. By spreading dissent through misinformation, the fundamental ideology of truth and justice is questioned and the rule of anarchy and weakening social structure increases. Its part of a larger game plan of 'if you can't defeat the military, defeat the people that support it and the military will be defeated as well.'

So days I feel this disinformation campaign is so widespread you can not escape it, not even here.
Our own news, government and politicians in general spread more disinformation than anyone else. Start focusing there.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:12 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Have no doubt that some of it is from "friendly" nations.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:18 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Our own news, government and politicians in general spread more disinformation than anyone else. Start focusing there.
While persecuting anyone who dare tell the truth, re: Assange, Snowden, Manning

Old 02-06-2020, 06:22 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
If Russians want to air our candidates dirty laundry, I welcome them.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:24 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,185,335 times
Quote:
Sure, news and politicians have a slant, but the fact that this is your response on this forum either means 1) the foreign disinformation campaign worked on you or 2) this is a bot account run out of a foreign country.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:25 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

I recommend turning off the teevee and closing your social media accounts. Try some yoga.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:25 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Sure, news and politicians have a slant, but the fact that this is your response on this forum either means 1) the foreign disinformation campaign worked on you or 2) this is a bot account run out of a foreign country.
You are simply projecting here.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:27 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,185,335 times
Quote:
You are simply projecting here.
LOL. I'm not a bot account or spreading disinformation. What did I say that was inaccurate? Your post was literally doing the job of a disinformation campaign.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:29 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
LOL. I'm not a bot account or spreading disinformation. What did I say that was inaccurate? Your post was literally doing the job of a disinformation campaign.
What I worry more is our media defining what is "disinformation" and encouraging censorship to "protect" us. For me, it sounds like we're making a pact with the devil. I say, go to hell. I rather the American people determine what's disinformation than our corrupt media or big corporations like FB, google, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies