Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2020, 12:04 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,372,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Wait, wait, wait. The guy at the very heart of this conspiracy theory, the guy that Biden is accused of being bribed to get removed is suddenly irrelevant when it's inconvenient for your position?

I'm not wasting any more of my time with you.
Im not here to impress you. Get over yourself. It seems your mission is to run interference for these crooks, while many of us just want to get to the bottom of it. So go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Hunter Biden sat on a board of directors. The Ukrainians have repeatedly stated that he wasn't complicit in anything.
I thought the Ukrainians had not investigated Hunter and Joe Bidens activities there. Oh yes I am quite sure they have not because thats what the impeachment was about.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Hunter Biden sat on a board of directors. The Ukrainians have repeatedly stated that he wasn't complicit in anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Pure speculation and opinion.

Again, I mostly agree with your larger point. We're not talking about what's wrong with our government, though. Start a thread for that discussion.

This thread is about the Bidens and Ukraine, specifically. There's simply no "there" there, regardless of Rudy and Lev's shady nonsense at the President's behest.
LOL. He agrees Washington is full of corruption, just not democrats.
So we are back to Burisma giving Hunter 3.4 million because he was so highly experienced and qualified, and its sheer coincidence that his father was the point man on US policy for their country.

The New York Times reported in 2015:

"Much of Hunter Biden’s career has coincided with his father’s work as a senator and vice president. He has been a lobbyist for clients with interests before Congress; a senior vice president at a bank, MBNA, that was a major contributor to his father; and a board member of a company backed by Chinese entities, joining the firm just after his father met with leaders of that country."

nothing to see here!

"Had he remained in his post, Shokin said, he would have questioned Hunter Biden. “All I can say is that the appointment of Hunter Biden as a member of the Board of Directors of the energy company is rather questionable from the point of view of effectiveness. After all, this person had no work experience either in Ukraine or in the energy sector,” he wrote.*"

highly qualified! Maybe Burisma wanted to get into the cocaine business. Hunter would have been their best customer!

"Yoshiko M. Herrera, a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin at Madison who is an expert in Russia and Eurasian policy, said in an interview that Hunter Biden’s service with Burisma is a serious issue. “I think there is a conflict of interest even if it doesn’t break any laws,” she said. “It’s a big deal. It’s the vice president, who is the point person of the Obama administration’s policy on Ukraine, and his son is suddenly hired to be a director on the board of Ukraine’s largest private gas producer.”

Old 02-16-2020, 05:50 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,443,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I thought the Ukrainians had not investigated Hunter and Joe Bidens activities there. Oh yes I am quite sure they have not because thats what the impeachment was about.
...Ukraine’s government insists that it has no evidence of wrongdoing by Hunter Biden or his father...

https://time.com/5733799/ukraine-fea...biden-fallout/

Old 02-16-2020, 01:31 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,453,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
It’s based on contemporaneous accounts reported by a dozen international news agencies at the time. It’s based on documents - signed by Republican Senators - pushing for Shokin’s during in furtherance of US foreign policy. It’s furthered by sworn testimony from career diplomats confirming that Shokin was corrupt. It’s furthered by formal statements issued by the IMF and EU at the time pressing for his removal. It’s furthered by people who were working under Shokin who resigned because Shokin was actively undermining anti-corruption efforts.

Given the weight of the evidence to the contrary, the idea that Biden had Shokin fired to further his son’s personal interests is an absurdity that only the most weak minded of gullible fools could possibly buy into. There is, quite literally, no evidence that Biden was doing anything but advancing US foreign policy at the behest and direction of the State Department. Relying on empty innuendo will not change that fact.
Source?

Old 02-16-2020, 01:50 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,453,494 times
Quote:
Joe Biden was acting at the behest of the Obama administration and the international community. There is nothing corrupt there.

The supposition is that Hunter had the job because his name added credibility to Burisma.

The prosecutor wasn't doing any investigating. That was the problem. Per the international community.

You can't explain away Great Britain complaints about the prosecutor. So you ignore them.

And you cannot provide any actual crime that Hunter Biden might have committed, that would explain his father wanting to protect him.

There is no evidence that Joe or Hunter Biden were involved in any corruption.

My problem with all this is that Burisma had a terrible reputation. Joe Biden had a staff that was tasked with protecting the Vice President and the administration from taint, and yet no one on that staff said boo when Hunter was asked to join the board of Burisma? Who dropped the ball? That's the problem, here, incompetence, not corruption.

"Added credibility to Burisma" ?

Did they suddenly become the go-to company for all things natural gas once Hunter Biden was on board?

Old 02-16-2020, 04:21 PM

26,029 posts, read 13,038,447 times
Quote:
If you want to tell me that Joe Biden is corrupt or that he sold his vote or influence then accompany it with facts to back it up. Hunter Biden trading on his Dad's name is unseemly, but without Joe Biden actually doing favors for Burisma, does not translate to corrupt selling of political influence.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/opini...y2u-story.html

Old 02-16-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
If you want to tell me that Joe Biden is corrupt or that he sold his vote or influence then accompany it with facts to back it up. Hunter Biden trading on his Dad's name is unseemly, but without Joe Biden actually doing favors for Burisma, does not translate to corrupt selling of political influence.

Even Liberal media knows the Bidens have been corrupt for many years, and selling his votes. Read this liberal link

B-T-W They are ALL corrupt on both sides, its just a matter of how corrupt are they.

I'm not in to my guys clean and your guys corrupt...I totally reject that

I'm also not into Red vs. Blue even though I entertain myself with it more than I should.

Its ALL of them against ALL of us. That is my core belief.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:53 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,448,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Even Liberal media knows the Bidens have been corrupt for many years, and selling his votes. Read this liberal link
B-T-W They are ALL corrupt on both sides, its just a matter of how corrupt are they.
I'm not in to my guys clean and your guys corrupt...I totally reject that
I'm also not into Red vs. Blue even though I entertain myself with it more than I should.
Its ALL of them against ALL of us. That is my core belief.
Your "proof" is an opinion piece in the Chicago Tribune written by a Trump supporter. If you want to be taken seriously you really should vet your sources a little better. https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/images...s/laughing.gif

Old 02-16-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Your "proof" is an opinion piece in the Chicago Tribune written by a Trump supporter. If you want to be taken seriously you really should vet your sources a little better. https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/images...s/laughing.gif
Billy Barr will have your proof soon since you dont like my liberal pub source. Barr's vetting Guiliani's evidence right now, and if its tight, the Biden's family crime syndicate is going down. Sleepy Joe's staying in the race to delay it, but eventually, that will become more embarassing than being handcuffed and perp walked.

Today, the Dems began their Barr smear campaign, so I'm thinking the Biden's are in the toaster. Joe is going to be Bill Cosby's cell mate. Hunter drew the ex-Washington DC Mayor Berry since they both like to hit the crack pipe. Biden's Brother drew Rob Blagojevich since both of them were trying to get rich off of someone else.

This is going to be fun to watch. I wonder if Obama gets brought into this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies