Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 01:06 PM

20,036 posts, read 20,839,727 times

Advertisements

It's going to be a battle royale.
They will viciously attack each other, but expect a dog pile on Pete because he's the front runner this week. He'll most likely get the brunt of it.
Look for "Angry Joe". He'll be the most defensive.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What’s the price tag on this UBI, and how will it be paid?

Also, for clarity, if someone has an unskilled job paying $8 an hour, or approximately $320 a week or around $1300 a month, he can quit and get $1000 for nothing? So effectively he is working a full time job for $300 a month, or even less once you add in commuting costs. Is the purpose of this to persuade unskilled people to quit their jobs and collect free money from taxpayers?

Yang's UBI could easily be the solution to affordable health care..affordable education/student loan crisis..and creating a viable savings for retirement, and personal economic freedom

The concept of UBI is certainly a nice thing....and it is certainly the smartest, most logical of all the wild ideas of the fascist liberals

for example:
I work, have a wife, and my daughter turns 18 (still in high school) next month
and even though I make 70k/yr a extra 3k/month (3 people over 18 in the household) would be a great thing......especially if it is like welfare (not taxed) and not considered additional income (Like SS)

and it answers the problem of affordable medical care..affordable education...affordable childcare...and student loans debts...…...how you say?

well let's look at a example...
I work, have a wife, 4 kids and my oldest daughter turns 18 (still in high school) next month and even though I make 70k/yr...……..
UBI would be an extra 3k/month (3 people over 18 in the household)……….

that's 1k for my daughter PER MONTH for college (local CC is offering 500 per semester)
that's 1k for daycare/school activities/wife's student loan PER MONTH
and 1k more for a health insurance Cadillac plan (I pay 600/month) so that takes care of my family premium

imagine that...UBI out does bernies/beth/Harris's plans of M4A/free college/free daycare/studentloan payoff

this would also take care of the people who wish to retire early (before 65) as many people are out there ready to retire at 55-60 but are still working ONLY for healthcare

now Yang's math (how to pay for it) does need to be tweaked and validated, because he is under estimating the cost/savings ratio

there are 257 million people in the USA over 18

if we "give" $1000/month to each of those 257 million , that is 257 billion monthly, or 3.08 trillion annually

yang's idea of a 10% VAT will earn about 900 billion.... so that is a 2.184 trillion deficit....

that 2.184 trillion ANNUAL deficit has to be addressed

now if it eliminates all welfare (actual welfare and section 8 and food stamps and wic and a few others) (which it CAN NOT..it wont happen (at least not every food stamp and wic)) that is about 600 billion...… so we still have a 1.5 trillion annual debt additional to the current 1t annual deficit

like I said..I think the UBI plan is certainly better that any of the others that the democrats are offering

THIS is something even Trump could suggest

Last edited by workingclasshero; 02-07-2020 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-07-2020, 01:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

for example:

I guarantee you Trump wouldn't go near it for it's idiocy and I guaranteed you that it won't be discussed by the Democrats tonight. Yang will isn't even going to last long. He got like what 0 in Iowa?

Old 02-07-2020, 01:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I guarantee you Trump wouldn't go near it for it's idiocy and I guaranteed you that it won't be discussed by the Democrats tonight. Yang will isn't even going to last long. He got like what 0 in Iowa?
actually it is a reasonable idea … especially compared to the other idiotic plans from Bernie./warren

there are actually a lot of republicans that are warming up to the idea... especially if technology/AI shrinks the workforce

Old 02-07-2020, 02:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
actually it is a reasonable idea … especially compared to the other idiotic plans from Bernie./warren
You do have me on that one.

But it's idiocy. The plan to give everyone in the USA $12,000/year is a 0 starter. Never gonna happen.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:10 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,753 times
Anyone expecting some sort of performance by Bloomberg is going to be dssapointed IMO. Anyone who knows him from NYC, knows that he sounds annoying and he really isn't battle tested against real politicians.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:10 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,002 times
Democrats, for the most part, don't like Tulsi.

Because............

She's too moderate for the snowflakes,

She comes across as level headed, and,

wait for it........

She is VERY VERY nice to look at.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,002 times
now if it eliminates all welfare (actual welfare and section 8 and food stamps and wic and a few others) (which it CAN NOT..it wont happen (at least not every food stamp and wic)) that is about 600 billion...… so we still have a 1.5 trillion annual debt additional to the current 1t annual deficit

like I said..I think the UBI plan is certainly better that any of the others that the democrats are offering

Last things demos want is to eliminate welfare and other handouts. They need the bums for votes.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,191 times
Quote:
Yang's UBI could easily be the solution to affordable health care..affordable education/student loan crisis..and creating a viable savings for retirement, and personal economic freedom

The concept of UBI is certainly a nice thing....and it is certainly the smartest, most logical of all the wild ideas of the fascist liberals

for example:
I work, have a wife, and my daughter turns 18 (still in high school) next month
and even though I make 70k/yr a extra 3k/month (3 people over 18 in the household) would be a great thing......especially if it is like welfare (not taxed) and not considered additional income (Like SS)

and it answers the problem of affordable medical care..affordable education...affordable childcare...and student loans debts...…...how you say?

well let's look at a example...
I work, have a wife, 4 kids and my oldest daughter turns 18 (still in high school) next month and even though I make 70k/yr...……..
UBI would be an extra 3k/month (3 people over 18 in the household)……….

that's 1k for my daughter PER MONTH for college (local CC is offering 500 per semester)
that's 1k for daycare/school activities/wife's student loan PER MONTH
and 1k more for a health insurance Cadillac plan (I pay 600/month) so that takes care of my family premium

imagine that...UBI out does bernies/beth/Harris's plans of M4A/free college/free daycare/studentloan payoff

this would also take care of the people who wish to retire early (before 65) as many people are out there ready to retire at 55-60 but are still working ONLY for healthcare

now Yang's math (how to pay for it) does need to be tweaked and validated, because he is under estimating the cost/savings ratio

there are 257 million people in the USA over 18

if we "give" $1000/month to each of those 257 million , that is 257 billion monthly, or 3.08 trillion annually

yang's idea of a 10% VAT will earn about 900 billion.... so that is a 2.184 trillion deficit....

that 2.184 trillion ANNUAL deficit has to be addressed

Within a week of implementation of a UBI, the Dems would be pushing for new welfare programs.

Old 02-07-2020, 03:37 PM

74 posts, read 36,203 times
I have a solution to student debt
Borrow money
Pay it back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies