Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 01:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthbetoldd345 View Post
I didn't vote for him. I won't be able to in November either.

With that said... is he really THAT bad.. as the media and the left have been making him out to be?

The economy is doing great! There were pundits, including the nobel prize winning columnist from the NYT who said it would crash if Trump were elected. While I don't think it's his leadership or policies that are driving it as much as it is that he is business friendly. Imagine how the economy does if Bernie Sanders were president.

The pundits all thought he'd drag us into a war and yet he's shown restraint with NK and Iran while also projecting more strength and capacity for escalation than any previous president would be willing to do.

I like the fact that he calls out NATO members for not paying their share.

I like the fact that he wants to have teams of skeptical and non-skeptical climate scientists "red-teams and blue-teams" to challenge the status quo and the establishment of scientists who are not used to being challenged or criticized.

I like the fact that he is addressing the illegal immigration problem

I don't care in the slightest if he is politically incorrect or ruffles liberal or establishment feathers, in fact that's another thing I like about him.

Now you might ask.. what DON'T I like about him and why I can't vote for him...

I believe that he never wanted the job or even expected to win it. I believe the accounts that say he did this as a publicity stunt to negotiate a better contract for The Apprentice and he was as surprised as anyone that he won.
So in THAT context, he is supremely unqualified for the office and ignorant of many of the issues that he directly affects. His ego also prevents any self awareness of this.
So, I am really NOT comfortable gambling with another 4 years and hoping that our system of checks and balances continues to prevent any REAL crisis.

But with all that said... I have a hard time seeing this huge disaster that the left and the media are making his presidency out to be. If he is re-elected and his second term is similar to his first, I have a hard time seeing that as so terrible.

I doubt Trump does anything to lose OP. But with media and their "Hillary is going to win" / Hillary is going to beat Hillary bad rhetoric from the left yep, I'd think he would be as surprised as the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 02:17 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Oh yes, for sure this has been one really happy country with Donald Trump as President.
Tell me why you personally are so unhappy just going about your day and living your life. What's so bad you have to hate Trump to justify your misery?

Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Tell me why you personally are so unhappy just going about your day and living your life. What's so bad you have to hate Trump to justify your misery?
Ignoring how 45 had divided everybody and injected politics into everything means you're probably part of the problem

Old 02-14-2020, 08:10 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,452,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan_Biddle View Post
How exactly is he doing that?
Take a Freaking Civics course.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The bureau of labor statistics are radical leftist soyboy SJW's or never Trumpers, your post is fake news.

Sorry, I was just playing the role of a Trump supporter/Hannity fan.
LOL. It is indeed a sad surrender when people don't believe facts and choose fantasy instead. Pathetic isn't it. Unfortunately people will continue to believe what they want to believe that Trump is responsible for the ten year expansion that has moved along at the same steady pace. Trump says he did it all in three years? The low information rubes buy it.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:32 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He was impeached (charged) not convicted. Geez, I'm so glad that not everyone who is charged is "automatically" convicted like you seem to think.
Not convicted by a frightened and extorted jury of weak kneed sycophants is not really much to brag about. "Oh, maybe he will learn a lesson..." You bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
People across the political spectrum interpret the Constitution differently, don't you think?
Not so much if they actually read it. Trump never has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Take a Freaking Civics course.
Civics class. Now there's an idea.
Maybe passing a mandatory civics class should be a voting prerequisite. Kinda like proof of insurance or a car inspection for driving only more important. We had to pass civics to graduate from high school, including full coverage of the US constitution. We had to pass a state constitution class to get past the eighth grade. I recall a provision that said "idiots" could not vote under the state constitution. They must have repealed all of that before 2016.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:46 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Civics class. Now there's an idea.
Maybe passing a mandatory civics class should be a voting prerequisite. Kinda like proof of insurance or a car inspection for driving only more important. We had to pass civics to graduate from high school, including full coverage of the US constitution. We had to pass a state constitution class to get past the eighth grade. I recall a provision that said "idiots" could not vote under the state constitution. They must have repealed all of that before 2016.
But how would Democrats ever get elected? They depend on masses of unwashed and uninformed voters who can be easily manipulated.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:26 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
Even Japan knows how bad Trump really is...

From Japan's leading news channel:

Make America Smart Again!

That second screen is hilarious!

Old 02-14-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some of us care about things beyond the end of our own noses .

Old 02-14-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Trump was acquitted of those bogus impeachment articles. No one ever proved that Trump did any of that. People only surmised that he may have been motivated to do those things for political gain against Biden.

How exactly was investigating the firing of Viktor Shokin supposed to result in smearing Joe Biden? I'm serious. You people always claim that was Trump's motivation.

Biden was already on tape bragging about blackmailing Ukraine to fire Shokin, that's the dirt Trump could use to smear Biden with. The whistleblower smeared Biden by telling the whole world what he did, not Trump.

Shokin was only in office for six months when the effort by Joe to fire him started. The corruption in Ukraine existed before Shokin and continued after he was fired. So what good, besides covering for Hunter, did it do to waste $1 billion in US aid to fire Shokin?
So...is it your belief that he didn't do those things, or that he did, but that they aren't impeachable offenses? :

https://reason.com/2020/01/29/republ...ps-misconduct/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies