Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 11:48 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet, impeachment was talked about prior to trump even been in the WH....congrats, you must be proud.

Yet, the lefts ole' joe, who also dodged the draft because of asthma, all the while being a cross country runner....and lets not forget the lefts blumenthal, who stole valor.....

But your good with that, because they have a "d" at the end of their name....
Criticizing Trump doesn't make someone a Democrat, nor someone who votes for a Democrat.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 01:19 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
In most cases — for most people, no one is as bad as the worst thing they have done. Unless they are a psychopath, they tend to take a step back. They have a conscience or a level of morality that pulls them back once they reflect. Think about your own experience— there is probably something said or done that you regret and you would not repeat it. It is not part of your core and you strive to be better than that. Trump has no such mechanism— he is without any moral anchor. I fully believe we have not yet seen his worst and most destructive acts. Twenty years in prison work makes me think he is a serious risk and possibly a psychopath. Some GOP Senators have recently expressed thoughts that Trump would learn a lesson from the impeachment trial experience. Evidence shows that he has but not the one they hoped for. Trump really is that bad, likely even worse than he has been until now.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:54 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Have you ever heard of a trial where the jury demands no witnessed be allowed? The Senate made sure there was no trial.

They should have dismissed that nonsense without a hearing or anything.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:13 PM

698 posts, read 234,757 times
Things are going very well right now in this country, I am first to admit. I don't know how much of it is Trump or not. Knowing how things are now with the "alternate facts" and difficulty knowing the truth I try to focus on things I truly believe and are not spin. I had a pretty misspent childhood and knew some pretty unsavory characters only getting away by joining the Marine Corps. I just retired after 30 years in healthcare. I believe I have met all kinds of people. I remember probably middle school kids making fun of other kids for thick glasses or being fat or something, but since high school I have not seen or heard of an adult making fun of another humans physical traits. But I do know Trump does a good Parkinson's impression. I could go into character traits that act alone implies, but we really must ask ourselves if a great economy is worth it? There are literally thousands of other bits of evidence Trump is a miserable human, but I think this one is the most indicative of psychological issues.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:46 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
In most cases — for most people, no one is as bad as the worst thing they have done. Unless they are a psychopath, they tend to take a step back. They have a conscience or a level of morality that pulls them back once they reflect. Think about your own experience— there is probably something said or done that you regret and you would not repeat it. It is not part of your core and you strive to be better than that. Trump has no such mechanism— he is without any moral anchor. I fully believe we have not yet seen his worst and most destructive acts. Twenty years in prison work makes me think he is a serious risk and possibly a psychopath. Some GOP Senators have recently expressed thoughts that Trump would learn a lesson from the impeachment trial experience. Evidence shows that he has but not the one they hoped for. Trump really is that bad, likely even worse than he has been until now.
T has no ability to self reflect. It's all "out there."

Old 02-15-2020, 03:54 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Honestly if it comes to him vs Bernie I have been thinking about possibly voting for him, though I’ve voted democrat in the past four presidential elections. As repulsive as I find Trump I’m even more disgusted by Sanders’ policies. I don’t think Venezuela is a good model. I don’t think jacking up taxes for the middle class is a winning policy. And I CERTAINLY don’t have very nice thoughts about Sanders supporters. I have never seen so much ugliness and contempt in my life.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:15 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
And I CERTAINLY don’t have very nice thoughts about Sanders supporters. I have never seen so much ugliness and contempt in my life.
I suspect that some of what you are seeing that is attributed to Sanders supporters is originating with Russian trolls (as well as some anti-Bernie stuff.) The notion that poor Bernie is at the mercy of party meanies is a little overblown.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I suspect that some of what you are seeing that is attributed to Sanders supporters is originating with Russian trolls (as well as some anti-Bernie stuff.) The notion that poor Bernie is at the mercy of party meanies is a little overblown.
Russia! Russia! Russia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies