Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:03 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times

Advertisements

It's sad that people would vote for a racist oligarch simply because they don't want their taxes going up.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
It's sad that people would vote for a racist oligarch simply because they don't want their taxes going up.
If they believe that, they haven't paid taxes in NY/NYC.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:08 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Here's what you need to know about Bloomberg, and it is fact, not sentence fragments:
  • He's Trump with more money
  • He's Trump with a much more serious authoritarian streak (hello, bans on soda)
  • He's Trump with much longer experience using the political machinery to his own ends
  • He's Trump with a Napoleon complex
  • And, he's what Trump would be like if Trump had stayed a Democrat and the media liked him. Instead of an ego being hammered on relentlessly by countless haters, imagine Trump if the entire non-Hannity media stroked his ego constantly. Scary, huh? Yeah...that is Bloomberg.
My biggest historical thing that tells you all you need to know about how life under a President Bloomberg would be - the fact that he got the rule changed to be mayor of NYC for a third term, and then immediately after getting into office for that third term, he got the rule changed back to only two terms for anyone else. That's Latin American caudillo el Jefe stuff right there.

What everyone on the Left fears from Trump is a simple "hold my beer" opportunity for Bloomberg, but that "D" after his name buys a lot of media forgiveness and nuance. You don't become 8th richest person on the planet because you are used to compromise or sacrifice. You get there by steamrolling, curb stomping and otherwise eliminating any and all barriers to your success. Good for him being a success, but whatever you fear about Trump, just turn that knob to 11 and you arrive at Bloomberg. He's a walking assault on any notion of civil liberty.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:10 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Because the MSM and Pollsters have told you so. haha.

So far he hasn't won a single delegate after spending 10X the amount that Trump spent on his entire primary.
No because I listen to his words. In that youtube posted here, that PBS NewsHour ran, he was asked questions and everyone got to hear his own answers. I will take that kind of information over a teensy 40 second out of context bite like you post any day. If the American people get to hear him we can make our own judgments as to whether or not we want to vote for him. Fortunately tomorrow night we get that chance at the Democratic debate.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:18 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
So where is the full video?

Old 02-18-2020, 09:20 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So where is the full video?
https://youtu.be/4KX6swK-JoU

Old 02-18-2020, 09:34 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Thank you for this. He was speaking about young men of color in NYC and what to do in order to help them. Not to mention he put his money where his mouth is. Don’t really have a problem with this. Talk about purposely taking things out of context.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:46 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
I saw some black guy on the news going off on Bloomberg, it's was mainly about stop and frisk. I dunno, he seems to have a lot of baggage. Maybe Biden wasn't so bad after all.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:50 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I saw some black guy on the news going off on Bloomberg, it's was mainly about stop and frisk. I dunno, he seems to have a lot of baggage. Maybe Biden wasn't so bad after all.
They're both awful. It's like choosing between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Fortunately, for voters in their right mind, there are other choices to choose from.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:58 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Thank you for this. He was speaking about young men of color in NYC and what to do in order to help them. Not to mention he put his money where his mouth is. Don’t really have a problem with this. Talk about purposely taking things out of context.
Yes this isn't bad or racist because he sees potential for them, if we can get them on the right track where family and public education have failed. A racist doesn't see potential in those young black and Latino boys and men, many with criminal histories, who don't even have an ID. Even the stop and frisk, and the comments about all the crime in black hoods, sounds like realism and tough love not racism.

I don't care for the man but I don't think he's racist, just old school tough. He'd probably like to put em all in military school and straighten em out. Take away their Big Gulps too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies