Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 09:08 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,228 times

Advertisements

As of late February Michael Bloomberg has spent more than $450 million on political advertising since entering the Democratic presidential race in late November.

Some of these ads are really juvenile:
  • 'Trump Cheats at Golf'
  • 'Trump Eats Burnt Steak'

Just think of what alternative good all that money could have done for truly charitable purposes! But NO, Bloomberg needs to buy himself some more power! And if Bloomberg can blow hundreds of millions of his own money on a personal power trip, just think of how much of our taxpayer money he would waste if, God forbid, he became President!

Trump is right - "Mini Mike' has some manhood issues he needs to work out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 09:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,837,585 times
Well, first, he can afford it.

Second, it seems that you're trying to dictate how Bloomberg should spend his money -- this is the accusation Trump supporters/conservatives commonly hurl at those who believe in say, universal healthcare or longer, paid maternity/paternity leave.

Conservatives despised Obama, yet it seems you are now suggesting that Bloomberg should "spread the wealth."

Make up your minds, ya crazy kids!

As for the ads, I haven't seen them because I don't watch TV. They might be juvenile and dirty, but most politicians' ads are. That's why I hate them.

Finally, your assertion that "Mini Mike" has "manhood issues he needs to work out it"? Funny, because I often think the very same thing about many diehard Trump supporters here on CD who present themselves as abrasive, rude, controlling men.

No one who supports Trump has any business being indignant about anyone else on a "personal power trip."

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 02-22-2020 at 09:58 AM..

Old 02-22-2020, 09:37 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Well, first, he can afford it.

Second, it seems that you're trying to dictate how Bloomberg should spend his money -- this is the accusation Trump supporters/conservatives commonly hurl at those who believe in say, universal healthcare or longer, paid maternity/paternity leave.

Conservatives despised Obama, yet it seems you are now suggesting that Bloomberg should "spread the wealth."

Make up your minds, ya crazy kids!

As for the ads, I haven't seen them because I don't watch TV. They might be juvenile and dirty, but most politicians' ads are. That's why I hate them.
Trump supporters/conservative have a variety of views, not all the same, so you are really generalizing without knowing what people actually think.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:38 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,250 times
It is his money to "waste." He can use it as he sees fit. The fact that it gets Trumpers upset is icing on the cake

Mike Bloomberg does give his money to charity. He has taken the Giving Pledge which is to donate most of his wealth in his lifetime or willed after he dies to charity.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:40 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Sounds like Mike has triggered the Trumpsters.

Not a big Bloomberg fan, but his ads are pretty effective. I can understand why they are worried.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
It is his money to "waste." He can use it as he sees fit. The fact that it gets Trumpers upset is icing on the cake

Mike Bloomberg does give his money to charity. He has taken the Giving Pledge which is to donate most of his wealth in his lifetime or willed after he dies to charity.
Yep. That's worth the money right there. Trumpers think Trump was elected president to "troll the libs". Now Bloomberg is trolling the Trumpers.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yep. That's worth the money right there. Trumpers think Trump was elected president to "troll the libs". Now Bloomberg is trolling the Trumpers.
All those posts about "delicious liberal tears" are coming back to bite them on the ass.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:45 AM

4,655 posts, read 1,948,561 times
its good for the economy. As for them being a waste, no one can say that until after the election is over. And when you have many, many Billions a few hundred millions is like a normal person going out to dinner. You might regret spending the cash if the meal sucks but its not going to change your lifestyle the smallest bit.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:09 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sounds like Mike has triggered the Trumpsters.

Not a big Bloomberg fan, but his ads are pretty effective. I can understand why they are worried.
Anti-Trumpers are worried because Bernie Sanders is cruising to the nomination.
Bloomberg isn't worrying anyone.....or he's worrying himself.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Anti-Trumpers are worried because Bernie Sanders is cruising to the nomination.
Bloomberg isn't worrying anyone.....or he's worrying himself.
Judging by the number of threads about Bloomberg being started by Trumpsters, I'd say you are being purposefully myopic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies