Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 04:29 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
True capitalism, the private ownership of the means of production, distribution and ownership of the profits generated, does not exist if the government can take any of it away (by taxes or other means). That would negate private ownership and make it quasi public ownership.
No problemo, Pedro! We just make it so the owners of the MOP are the de facto government. That way, they're in full control, right? It's arguably the model most often found in history, and it's most often called feudalism. The Lord of the Manor owns the land, oversees distribution with no intervention and owns the profits.

Kinda sucks for most, but hey - private ownership throughout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 04:29 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Yuri Bezmenov was a prophet. What he describes in that video is EXACTLY what we see today.

Thank GOD the USSR ultimately failed!

Now we have to recover from the MESS those demented leftists put us in.

That's what MAGA is ALL about!

I don't believe in KGB prophets.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:30 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
I think it will win eventually. The lure of free stuff is too strong. The fact that Bernie is likely to be the nominee? Yep.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
Communist China has basically "won" since a lot of our goods come from that country. I try not to buy anything made there but it's very difficult. Anyone who is against communism should put their money where their mouth is and stop buying products made there.

OR moving production to such places for this matter.

But then, again, money don't smell - do they?

Old 02-23-2020, 04:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
If the progressives want communism, let them suffer from it.. Just like Communist China and Venezuela.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't believe in KGB prophets.
Watch the video, and then refute his points with your infinite wisdom, thanks.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Watch the video, and then refute his points with your infinite wisdom, thanks.

Why would I want to watch a video with KGB informant in the first place?

Old 02-23-2020, 05:18 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Why would I want to watch a video with KGB informant in the first place?
IDK, work on your critical thinking skills; put your bias aside.

He was a DEFECTOR, and predicted YOU.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If the progressives want communism, let them suffer from it.. Just like Communist China and Venezuela.
Before they suffer, you will be sacrificed like every rich person in China, USSR and Venezuela.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
https://youtu.be/QfvXwuZ-bok

In the video is a speech by Yuri Bezmenov. Very eerie. What sucks is that I'm young and I want to live life. Why is it the way of this world that these people can get the last laugh of finishing us off?
This man knows how the marxist leaders brainwash them and then when the transformation is complete , those that were brainwashed comes to realize that this is not the dream they thought it would be and they are annihilated for being dumb and brainwashed.. the transformation happened and the iron fist of Control over everyone comes first.

How they transform is in stages, and those that are brainwashed cannot be reprogrammed.. they are stuck with that ideology ingrained in their thinking. Common sense no longer a part of their thinking pattern. When they are demoralized the truth means nothing. Facts mean nothing. I saw this in the sixties in the college kids as they supported Communist countries before our soldiers. JFK a democrat president sent our soldiers to fight against the spread of Communism. The college kids were brainwashed to hate our soldiers and support the communists.

I was fortunate. At a young age I asked my father what is Communism.. He said it was when people had no rights . The government could go into your home and the Communist government could drag you out in the dead of night because you had no rights. YOu could disappear , be jailed for your beliefs if you were against the Iron Hand of Communism. It was a police state in which political Communism would not allow you to think differently . You must conform or be jailed , or killed to silence you. This is what my father told me and I was so shocked at this that it stuck with me to this day. Then my father told me how our country was different. That Americans have the right to speak and this was called Freedom of Speech.They could not drag you out of your house. You have rights. It will not happen here in America and I felt much better after hearing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies