Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2020, 05:59 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Blacks re completely over represented in media! Get priority with scholarships, grants and employment...yeah that's oppression.

Granted, I'll give you that Democrats have done their best to keep blacks down with the KKK, Jim Crow and voting against the civil rights movement...heck even Johnson's welfare act was as he put it: "Gonna have those N****** voting Democrat for the next 200 years"...he was right, they were...easily manipulated with trinkets! They even bought the "switch" which was complete BS...the only switch the Democrats made was in tactic, not intent.

I'm glad someone like Trump came along and is helping blacks despite them not initially supporting them. I am seeing so many black conservatives rising now and trying to help other blacks in a positive way...it's encouraging.
This is all true. Those who don't believe it are annoyed because it's a knock to their intelligence and their ego.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:00 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The one thing blacks in these threads NEVER, EVER talk about is the underperforming schools in black neighborhoods. The GOP is for vouchers and choice and the Democrats (in bed with the teacher's unions) do everything they can to shut that down. THAT alone should be a reason to vote GOP.
The under performing schools is a reflection of under performing homes and environments. It's not schools that make good students. Its homes. Now, schools should have the basic equipment of the modern era, however. So I am not really into this argument about school vouchers vs other types of schools. Unless the issues of THE PEOPLE are addressed....the schools are not going to change that. I personally would advocate tax payer funded boarding schools.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:01 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That means less than 1% of America's billionaires are black (while the general population is 13% black) and 60% of black billionaires is via sports and or entertainment.

More:

https://www.businessinsider.com/blac...-states-2020-2

Any candidates talking about this? Blacks unemployment may be near record lows......but blacks don't seem to have much wealth....not surprising given how important home value is to ones wealth.
And how many are hispanic or asian? Or do those races/ethnicities not matter?

Old 02-24-2020, 06:02 PM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Yeah....Young black boys should want to be like Jay Z and Michael Jordan. So you get all these young black males thinking rapping or playing basketball as a viable career goal. What is the opportunity cost associated with such pipe dreams?
Is that society's issue or a parental home guidance issue? Or a cultural issue?

Old 02-24-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
This is all true. Those who don't believe it are annoyed because it's a knock to their intelligence and their ego.
First off.....you are painting blacks out to be VICTIMS (but of liberalism) while often chastising blacks for having a VICTIM mentality. You want to downplay the victimization of racism, while playing up the victimization caused by liberalism.

Secondly, I honestly see left right politics as the tool for white representation. The left is the antithesis of the right and the right is the antithesis of the left. However, historically, whites have been the antithesis of blacks in this country and whites are on the left and right. So left right politics is not the root of black issues......whites are the root of black issues.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Is that society's issue or a parental home guidance issue? Or a cultural issue?
Why are you trying to create mutual exclusivity of choices?

Old 02-24-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
And how many are hispanic or asian? Or do those races/ethnicities not matter?
No...not in this discussion. The primary races in this country, for the vast majority of its history, are Native Americans, whites and African Americans. The typical member in these groups are at least 8 generation Americans. Through this history....as a Native, White and black nation....the racial inequalities between these groups was formed.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:14 PM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Why are you trying to create mutual exclusivity of choices?
Ok, you didn't want to answer the question, which is a logical outgrowth of your original premise. Seems to me that you are the one delineating mutual exclusivity of choices.

Oh, I didn't expect you to answer the question so I wasn't surprised.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok, you didn't want to answer the question, which is a logical outgrowth of your original premise. Seems to me that you are the one delineating mutual exclusivity of choices.

Oh, I didn't expect you to answer the question so I wasn't surprised.
We can talk about homes....but be sure not to leave out white homes. White kids are the ones buying most of the rap music. White culture is the main source of income for entertainers and athletes.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:18 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Wow this is great news! Black Americans should use these success stories as a source of inspiration. All Americans should.
Weird huh? The US has progressed to the point where blacks can be billionaires in this country and yet some people hold this up as a negative thing.

But anyway, that's hateful bitter people for you. Glass always half full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies