Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 01:14 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Deportations would be dumb. We need millions more immigrants to meet the labor demands of our economy.
In Texas they drive down wages and cause welfare to go up. Many Hispanic Americans are hurting because they work the same jobs as illegals do. Hospitality, unskilled construction, landscaping. Wages are artificially depressed in those fields.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 02:51 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,132,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And even more absurdity. Does no one feel the need to tell the truth?

Let us see you refute the facts in the CATO analysis. Start with charging the cost of the citizen children of illegal aliens. And where is the large credits they will in time bring in?

In 24 month we will have a 10 year back log in the immigration courts. Virtually no one will actually have left.

The rules of all this are simple. You can do what it is the Congress is willing to fund. Try quadrupling the immigration system budget and see how well you do. And even if you could get it funded the setbacks of hiring and training a mammoth agency will easily keep it from meeting any real goals for some large number of years.
Getting into argument you with anything immigration related with you Because you have some personal stake in illegal immigration.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

There's 30 million illegal aliens so even IF your open borders libertarian CATO drivel was right would still be 45 billion. Doesn't even mention 10k per per illegal alien kid fir schools. Or tens of thousands each year for welfare per family per year.

300k federal inmate illegals. 700k crimes in one year in Texas by illegal alien foreigners

Oh no. There will be no courts. Heavy hand of the law and executive action could do it. 15 to 20k deportation force. 50k troops on the border DMZ .Daily employee raids. No more illegal aliens in schools

Can't drive. Cant work. Can't eat. Can't go to school

Theyd be gone in 2 Years

Old 02-28-2020, 07:21 AM

63,022 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Getting into argument you with anything immigration related with you Because you have some personal stake in illegal immigration.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

There's 30 million illegal aliens so even IF your open borders libertarian CATO drivel was right would still be 45 billion. Doesn't even mention 10k per per illegal alien kid fir schools. Or tens of thousands each year for welfare per family per year.

300k federal inmate illegals. 700k crimes in one year in Texas by illegal alien foreigners

Oh no. There will be no courts. Heavy hand of the law and executive action could do it. 15 to 20k deportation force. 50k troops on the border DMZ .Daily employee raids. No more illegal aliens in schools

Can't drive. Cant work. Can't eat. Can't go to school

Theyd be gone in 2 Years
The poster you are replying to doesn't want them to be deported though. He wants another massive amnesty. He has a vested interest in illegal immigration. He makes every lame excuse in the book claiming that they would and are a benefit to our society and why we supposedly need them. He ignores a lot of things like the fact that the spawn of illegal aliens born here are a direct expense of illegal immigration because if they weren't here they wouldn't be giving birth on our soil. You're right, there is no use in trying to talk any sense into him. That's why I have him on ignore.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:30 AM

63,022 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It "sounds good to you" that people that had nothing to do with something that happened hundreds of years ago suffer and die off for it?

And people call me a conspiracy theorist for saying there is a DE facto genocide going on (and people like you rooting for it).
Illegals only appear to work hard because they don't want to be reported and deported. Working hard does not excuse anyone for breaking the law anyway.

These pro-illegals make up every excuse in the book for them.....they work harder than Americans , Latinos should have the right to come here illegally based on a past that those of us alive today never played a role in , etc., etc.

Let's face it they have a vested interest in illegal immigration. They are either here illegally themselves, hire them for profit or have ethnic, familial or personal ties to them. Either way it's self-serving and anti-American. I wish we could deport them right along with these illegal aliens for being the traitors that they are.

Last edited by Oldglory; 02-28-2020 at 08:13 AM..

Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
It was called 'Operation Wetb@@k, a policy that repatriated about 1.4 million illegal aliens that were in America from Mexico, President Eisenhower repatriated them along with their American-born children.

Critics say it would be impossible today to repatriate 20 million or more criminal invaders. I say the critics are wrong. It was done once in American history. It can be done again!

What do you say?

Trump campaigned on the prospect of forming his "Immigration Force" and quickly ridding the country of 11,000,000 illegals.

As so much of his rhetoric has turned out, it was empty blather, nothing more.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:50 AM

31,089 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Probable not realistic, but I would really be happy with the deportation of all Violent Illegals, and ones that are in and out of our court systems on drunken driver charges.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:05 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,703,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Thinks there's 30 million illegals picking crops

If you did any actual research into how aliens affect our economy, you would find that if we pulled every alien, legal and illegal, out of our country tomorrow, it would have very negative effects on our economy, and would possibly cause a lot of States to collapse.

You will never accept that FACT, but it has been proven time after time. These folks do more than just pick crops, they do landscaping, hotel cleaning, and a lot of jobs we pass up. Every morning, when I am driving to work in my air conditioned car, to my air conditioned workplace, I see these folks out in the broiling Florida sun, cutting shrubs, mowing yards and highway medians, and I never see a lily white face among them.

People "say" they would take these jobs, but they are simply lying. We can't even get a lot of American workers to show up at cushy jobs, let alone jobs like those. If these folks were gone, we would all be paying the price...………….and higher prices.

And, there is one other factor everyone ignores. These folks put a lot of money back into out economy. They have to sleep somewhere, eat, and do other things, like drive cars. Contrary to popular belief, they do not make money here and ship 100% of it back home. Maybe they send a little to their families, but they still have to survive here.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:16 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,102,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegals only appear to work hard because they don't want to be reported and deported. Working hard does not excuse anyone for breaking the law anyway.

These pro-illegals make up every excuse in the book for them.....they work harder than Americans , Latinos should have the right to come here illegally based on a past that those of us alive today never played a role in , etc., etc.

Let's face it they have a vested interest in illegal immigration. They are either here illegally themselves, hire them for profit or have ethnic, familial or personal ties to them. Either way it's self-serving and anti-American. I wish we could deport them right along with these illegal aliens for being the traitors that they are.
I can speak to this personally because I work with mostly "immigrants".

Some of them are lazy as s---. That is a dead cold FACT. Corner cutters, doing just enough to get by, working the system, all of it, they are no better than Americans. In many cases they will be worse than Americans once they are "legalized". And what do we do when the millions of poor labor children who are born here don't want to do the menial labor their parents did? We are f----- as a country because there are going to be 40 millions descendants of illegals who don't want to do what their parents do.

The fact that the hate-filled Nazi Left goes on about how much better they are than Americans (ie, whites) just speaks to how clueless the hate-filled Nazi Left really are, and how filled with rage and racial hatred they are towards whites/Europeans. It's evil.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:26 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,127,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I can speak to this personally because I work with mostly "immigrants".

Some of them are lazy as s---. That is a dead cold FACT. Corner cutters, doing just enough to get by, working the system, all of it, they are no better than Americans. In many cases they will be worse than Americans once they are "legalized". And what do we do when the millions of poor labor children who are born here don't want to do the menial labor their parents did? We are f----- as a country because there are going to be 40 millions descendants of illegals who don't want to do what their parents do.

The fact that the hate-filled Nazi Left goes on about how much better they are than Americans (ie, whites) just speaks to how clueless the hate-filled Nazi Left really are, and how filled with rage and racial hatred they are towards whites/Europeans. It's evil.
“Nazi - Left”

I don’t think Nazis like Mexicans...

Old 02-28-2020, 09:29 AM

31,089 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Ever notice that Leftist Democrats never say one thing about Violent "Illegal" Aliens, no matter how many Americans are attacked, killed, raped, or robbed by them. And to be clear I am not talking about non violent Illegal Aliens, or Legal migrants. They just never bring it up period, just conveniently brush it under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies