Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 04:17 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times

Advertisements

They are a pretty good workforce. I would hire them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 06:23 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not even going to get into it again on birthright, never meant for illegals.

TONS of propaganda in this post.

CATO. Pffft. Open borders libertarian drivel

24 months and they'd be gone.

Forget about 24 months, we couldn't deport 10-20 million people in 24 years. 1 million cases are already pending in US immigration courts(s). Cases take at least 2 years to reach the docket. This is with 64 immigration courts and 465 immigration judges.

Courts and judges don't come cheap. No one in the Fed Govt is going to drop any cash into the immigration court system.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:15 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The poster you are replying to doesn't want them to be deported though. He wants another massive amnesty. He has a vested interest in illegal immigration. He makes every lame excuse in the book claiming that they would and are a benefit to our society and why we supposedly need them. He ignores a lot of things like the fact that the spawn of illegal aliens born here are a direct expense of illegal immigration because if they weren't here they wouldn't be giving birth on our soil. You're right, there is no use in trying to talk any sense into him. That's why I have him on ignore.
I know this we have been going back and forth for years

This person has some connection to illegal aliens

Old 02-28-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump campaigned on the prospect of forming his "Immigration Force" and quickly ridding the country of 11,000,000 illegals.

As so much of his rhetoric has turned out, it was empty blather, nothing more.
Exactly

He flipped.

No end to birthright
Where's those 10k ICE agents?
"I love the DACA kids"
Continuing Indian worker visas

He lied and screwed us

Old 02-28-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
If you did any actual research into how aliens affect our economy, you would find that if we pulled every alien, legal and illegal, out of our country tomorrow, it would have very negative effects on our economy, and would possibly cause a lot of States to collapse.

You will never accept that FACT, but it has been proven time after time. These folks do more than just pick crops, they do landscaping, hotel cleaning, and a lot of jobs we pass up. Every morning, when I am driving to work in my air conditioned car, to my air conditioned workplace, I see these folks out in the broiling Florida sun, cutting shrubs, mowing yards and highway medians, and I never see a lily white face among them.

People "say" they would take these jobs, but they are simply lying. We can't even get a lot of American workers to show up at cushy jobs, let alone jobs like those. If these folks were gone, we would all be paying the price...………….and higher prices.

And, there is one other factor everyone ignores. These folks put a lot of money back into out economy. They have to sleep somewhere, eat, and do other things, like drive cars. Contrary to popular belief, they do not make money here and ship 100% of it back home. Maybe they send a little to their families, but they still have to survive here.
More propaganda. Sure there would be a short period of adapting and a tomato will cost more but who cares.

More lies.

Who do you think landscapes and works in hotels 100 miles from hellhole cities?

White and black citizens

Old 02-28-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Ever notice that Leftist Democrats never say one thing about Violent "Illegal" Aliens, no matter how many Americans are attacked, killed, raped, or robbed by them. And to be clear I am not talking about non violent Illegal Aliens, or Legal migrants. They just never bring it up period, just conveniently brush it under the rug.
because they are despicable liars

Old 02-28-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Forget about 24 months, we couldn't deport 10-20 million people in 24 years. 1 million cases are already pending in US immigration courts(s). Cases take at least 2 years to reach the docket. This is with 64 immigration courts and 465 immigration judges.

Courts and judges don't come cheap. No one in the Fed Govt is going to drop any cash into the immigration court system.
You're not comprehending.

No courts. Heavy hand of the law. Employer raids. 20k agents daily arrests.

Thousands of bus loads daily.

Cut off welfare.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:59 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Exactly

He flipped.

No end to birthright
Where's those 10k ICE agents?
"I love the DACA kids"
Continuing Indian worker visas

He lied and screwed us
Just because he couldn't make some things happen doesn't mean he lied about it. The Democrats and some sell out Republicans have bucked him on everything he has tried to do. He's not a dictator. Congress has to be on board for legislation to pass. Some things can't be done by EO.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:24 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
In Texas they drive down wages and cause welfare to go up. Many Hispanic Americans are hurting because they work the same jobs as illegals do. Hospitality, unskilled construction, landscaping. Wages are artificially depressed in those fields.
And this is why Hispanic American labor activist Cesar Chavez railed against illegals. That little part of history seems to have been forgotten.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:37 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
It was called 'Operation Wetb@@k, a policy that repatriated about 1.4 million illegal aliens that were in America from Mexico, President Eisenhower repatriated them along with their American-born children.

Critics say it would be impossible today to repatriate 20 million or more criminal invaders. I say the critics are wrong. It was done once in American history. It can be done again!

What do you say?
I would say you don't understand the economic impact this would have on our country. Farmers would be hit the hardest. Most have undocumented workers because no American wants to farm. They do the grunge work because we don't want to. Our country couldn't survive without them. And here we treat them like dirt, so unfair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies