Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2020, 02:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It is WHO that determines if we have a pandemic or not. Not the FDA and not the CDC.

Are you not aware of that ?
Tell that to trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWcP1L3zzzI

Old 03-01-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
By blaming Trump rather than "the federal government" as an entity.

You see, regardless of who sits in the Oval Office, the federal government will do whatever it takes to keep the populace calm and to stave off fear and panic even if it takes lying to them to do that.
There is a difference between being calm yet educated on how to prevent the spread of this virus and being cavalier about it and spreading it. Educate but don't minimize its potential.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
US workers in the service sector, those with the greatest exposure to the public like waiters, retail clerks, delivery, etc, typically have no insurance and little to no sick leave. So they will continue to work even when symptomatic and avoid medical treatment that they cannot afford. This will make the epidemic worse in the US than it is in more enlightened nations
This is why a national healthcare system is so essential, it protects all of us. TB is known to be spread by those who do not have access to medical care to contain it with antibiotics and render their TB not contagious.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:33 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I doubt if CNN knows whether or not Trump is fuming. Its just like their usual reporting where they say Trump is ranting or having a meltdown on twitter and I go look only to find he is calmly tweeting his opinion on whatever the subject is.

In any case, as I recall what she was talking about was being prepared. All those steps for preparing are outlined on the CDC website as they were when she spoke. No one is being muzzled. If they were, CDC would have been instructed to take all that stuff down.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:34 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I agree, but at some point, I do think the CDC needs to be held accountable for the delay in testing.

Their explanation to date is not satisfactory imo.
I agree.

Here's what I find interesting: China can now do 1.6 million tests a week. But the rate of infection in Chinese is dropping.

I don't believe it for one minute.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because this administration is completely inept. They fired or got rid of everyone who has any expertise on any subject, and what we're left with is the likes of Mike Pence, who thinks we can just pray this away. Seriously, this administration is scarily incompetent.
I think trump put pence in charge of this because trump knows it is going to get bad and trump wants pence to take the blame for him.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
This is why a national healthcare system is so essential, it protects all of us. TB is known to be spread by those who do not have access to medical care to contain it with antibiotics and render their TB not contagious.
Ohhhhhh. NOW I finally get why you've been a Chicken Little over this virus ... it all comes down to nationalizing our healthcare system.

Got it.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:37 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I agree.

Here's what I find interesting: China can now do 1.6 million tests a week. But the rate of infection in Chinese is dropping.

I don't believe it for one minute.

They locked down 60 million people. Have you seen the pictures of the food delivery sites... it boggles the mind they are so large.

The lock down completely explains the drop in cases. Is it true? I have no way of knowing, but it reasonable.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-01-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They locked down 60 million people. Have you seen the pictures of the food delivery sites... it boggles the mind they are so large.

The lock down completely explains the drop in cases. Is it true? I have no way of knowing, but it reasonable.
I don't think so at all ... the videos from a month ago from China pointed to a much larger problem there than they've reported.

I think reasonable is to doubt every single word of all reporting that comes out of China. About everything.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:40 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
...so they come here illegally and bring it...just went through that one

but our non national healthcare stopped it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.