Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2020, 03:42 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's a shame that we are so behind the curve. I attribute that to Trump's cutting so much of the CDC budget.
Well you will have to save that statement for next year as the cuts (to chronic health issues) is slated for 2021 as a proposal.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-cut-cdc-budget/

Old 03-01-2020, 03:45 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
It's a shame that we are so behind the curve. I attribute that to Trump's cutting so much of the CDC budget.
Again, the budget has not been cut, I have no idea why some of you keep bringing this up.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:48 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Then you should be mad at the Governor of Florida, not Trump.
It's not the CDC refusing to test here.
Florida is likely worried about the impact on tourism of active contagion going on in Florida. The "Jaws" mentality. It's all about money in the US.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:49 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Then you should be mad at the Governor of Florida, not Trump.
It's not the CDC refusing to test here.
I am indeed upset with the the FL governor in this case. But I'm also upset with this administration's initial response and blaming the Democrats and media for reporting on the virus, calling their reporting a hoax, in order to tamp it down because it's an inconvenient truth. I think he's finding out that facts and science matter. Thankfully, he's dropped that meme and has realized, or his handlers have realized, the seriousness of the situation. If the CDC had been properly funded and allowed to do its job, actions would have been taken in January when all this started.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:51 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
I am indeed upset with the the FL governor in this case. But I'm also upset with this administration's initial response and blaming the Democrats and media for reporting on the virus, calling their reporting a hoax, in order to tamp it down because it's an inconvenient truth. I think he's finding out that facts and science matter. Thankfully, he's dropped that meme and has realized, or his handlers have realized, the seriousness of the situation. If the CDC had been properly funded and allowed to do its job, actions would have been taken in January when all this started.
The CDC has been properly funded. Funding has actually increased year over year. Why do you have such a hard time grasping simple facts?

Old 03-01-2020, 03:57 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
good Lord......do you just believe everything the liberal media tells you?
repeating this over and over...is qualifying that Trump is right about the liberal media

you keep making Trump's case....

Quote:
If the CDC had been properly funded and allowed to do its job, actions would have been taken in January when all this started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The CDC has been properly funded. Funding has actually increased year over year. Why do you have such a hard time grasping simple facts?

Old 03-01-2020, 04:00 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Again, the budget has not been cut, I have no idea why some of you keep bringing this up.
My apologies for the misrepresentation. Thankfully, although Trump has proposed cuts, Congress came through. This article explains the staffing cuts to various departments including the CDC.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31...ency-response/

"In May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced. The global health section of the CDC was so drastically cut in 2018 that much of its staff was laid off and the number of countries it was working in was reduced from 49 to merely 10. Meanwhile, throughout 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development and its director, Mark Green, came repeatedly under fire from both the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. And though Congress has so far managed to block Trump administration plans to cut the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps by 40 percent, the disease-fighting cadres have steadily eroded as retiring officers go unreplaced."

It's all still a **** show.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:12 PM

Two more cases in WA state. Men in their 60s in critical condition. It's just a cold people. Nothing to worry about.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
My apologies for the misrepresentation. Thankfully, although Trump has proposed cuts, Congress came through. This article explains the staffing cuts to various departments including the CDC.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31...ency-response/

"In May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced. The global health section of the CDC was so drastically cut in 2018 that much of its staff was laid off and the number of countries it was working in was reduced from 49 to merely 10. Meanwhile, throughout 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development and its director, Mark Green, came repeatedly under fire from both the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. And though Congress has so far managed to block Trump administration plans to cut the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps by 40 percent, the disease-fighting cadres have steadily eroded as retiring officers go unreplaced."

It's all still a **** show.
Bolton again. That guy just keeps finding new ways of getting Americans killed.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:15 PM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Two more cases in WA state. Men in their 60s in critical condition. It's just a cold people. Nothing to worry about.
Were/are they wonderful women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies