Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 01:18 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Oh, just a kind reminder to everybody

Don't buy surgical face mask on ebay from individual sellers, I try to buy 50 pieces of them just in case, and the seller advertised "ship from the US", after I paid, I realized the item is from China.

I read an article that coronavirus can stay on surface for 9 days, I immediately canceled my purchase.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:18 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, I was stocking up on supplies at Costco and virtually everyone there was doing the same.
I was doing the same at Sam's and was the only one doing it that I could discern. Seemed business as usual. I was somewhat surprised. I think it will take news of an outbreak in the US to get it going.

Watching news this AM they are showing half empty docks at Long Beach because ships from China are not arriving. Combined with the slowdown from Chinese New Year, there is very little traffic. There will be shortages soon for many items that come from China obviously. We actually get a good deal of food from there and, of course, medicines.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:19 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
In Costco as I write this. Plenty of everything for anyone who wants it.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Some of those pictures look like a typical run to Costco or BJ's for a lot of families.

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I was doing the same at Sam's and was the only one doing it that I could discern. Seemed business as usual. I was somewhat surprised. I think it will take news of an outbreak in the US to get it going.

Watching news this AM they are showing half empty docks at Long Beach because ships from China are not arriving. Combined with the slowdown from Chinese New Year, there is very little traffic. There will be shortages soon for many items that come from China obviously. We actually get a good deal of food from there and, of course, medicines.
Yeah, in my area, (orange county), everything is business as usual. People don't seem concerned. We bought a lot of things from Costco and I also bought a lot of things from wholefoods.

Anything shipped directly from China is something I avoid at all cost.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think people should stock up prescription drugs. Work with your doctors and pharmacists and see if this is an option for you.

For me, I need my Migraine medication. I bought a huge bottle of over the counter Migraine meds that work for me, so I no longer need prescription drug.

I also bought a lot of oatmeal, frozen organic vegetable and fruits, I bought 3 boxes of organic eggs (72 pieces), and 25lbs of mixed organic meat for my fiance and I. This should last a long time. Worst case scenario, we can always eat MRE which we both have too much!
What will you do when the power goes out. Utility workers will be getting sick too.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I'm carrying around a few extra pounds that I should shed, so I see it as a plus.

Kinda like John Candy in Stripes.
The best two lines in the history of cinema...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIl07gDRbAE

Old 02-28-2020, 01:22 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you can provide this tweet? Cause it's not on his timeline now.
Trump was saying 15 in the press briefing. That number is actually from the CDC website for cases not of Wuhan/Diamond Princess origination.

It could be argued that it is accurate, but not fully accurate. I can't say I disagree, because the other cases were brought TO the states, they didn't happen here.

I'm not sure why some cases were put under the heading of the Diamond Princess and others towards the home country. I suspect it is due to WHEN the symptoms started.

We have 2 new cases attributed to the US today, that are from the Diamond Princess. I'm not sure what incubation period that is, but it seems long.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-28-2020, 01:23 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I'm carrying around a few extra pounds that I should shed, so I see it as a plus.

Kinda like John Candy in Stripes.
I like your way of rationalizing this.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:23 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Quote from the article you linked:

"Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH"

OK, so Trump only tried to cut their budgets and failed. Is that an examples of the "winning" you guys are always bragging about?
and is completely and utterly meaningless to the thread at hand which is the Dems and lots of the news media trying to blame Trump for not being prepared because he cut the CDC budget. When no actual cuts where made...so what the anti-trumpets are trying to do is sow FEAR for political purposes. Don't vote for Trump for any reason you wish, including thinking his proposed budget was flawed. But sowing fear over something that never happened is ridiculous and puts another nail in the credibility of a lot of the media and the Democrats who are spreading the misinformation.

I started off as an Independent who voted for Trump only because i felt he was the lesser of two evils. All this ridiculous behavior is making me, for the first time in my voting life, someone who is going to vote Republican across the board. I really hope the Democrats return to the land of sanity sometime in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies