Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 08:06 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So, they did not check her passport or nothing? I call BS on that.....

Old 03-06-2020, 08:07 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s presidency is part of a higher calling. “I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times, and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president,” Sanders said during an interview with Christian Broadcast Network News.

No meme. Just fact.
then your statement should have been 'sarah sanders believes', not 'trumpers believe'

Old 03-06-2020, 08:07 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,984,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's been here since the beginning. The reason we are "behind" is because we are behind in testing. It was circulating in our communities and we thought we were safe for the time being only because the CDC had no means of testing. If, in fact, we get testing out to our hospitals and providers this weekend, the numbers are going to skyrocket next week and a full fledged panic will ensue.
So true, Ponderosa. This is already everywhere.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:08 AM

19,852 posts, read 9,412,312 times
Quote:
As you pointed out in another post, the old people are going to die anyway in ten years, but that aside, the fatality rate for people over 60 is not going to be a sort of reassuring 1%. It will be much more than that and that should scare the hell out of older Americans. They have a right to know the real risks and not be fed bs about coughing into their elbows. They need to know how many cases are in their communities, if their hospitals have the ventilators and the medicines and the beds needed to handle the cases that are coming, what provisions are being made so that they can afford the treatment. Trump needs to shut up with his disinformation and let the experts talk.
I don't disagree -- the fatality rate WILL be much higher for the elderly.

However, I have a question for you: What good will it do if people discover that there aren't enough hospital beds, ventilators and medicines? What can they do about it?

And, yes, I most definitely do agree that Trump needs to shut up about this and let the experts talk!

P.S. And just btw, coughing into one's elbows is not b.s., and is the recommended way to handle a sneeze instead of coughing into one's hands. I don't know of anyone who touches anything with the inside of their elbows.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:10 AM

39,263 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

However, I have a question for you: What good will it do if people discover that there aren't enough hospital beds, ventilators and medicines? What can they do about it?

And, yes, I most definitely do agree that Trump needs to shut up about this and let the experts talk!
agree with you 100%

Old 03-06-2020, 08:12 AM

39,263 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
It's been here since the beginning. The reason we are "behind" is because we are behind in testing. It was circulating in our communities and we thought we were safe for the time being only because the CDC had no means of testing. If, in fact, we get testing out to our hospitals and providers this weekend, the numbers are going to skyrocket next week and a full fledged panic will ensue.

I just posted the following in another thread, I want to share this with you, hopefully, my post can help somebody.

I talked to my uncle who is an emergency room doctor couple of days ago, even though he said not to post anything on the internet because words could be easily taken out of context, I think I would still share what I know.

1. According to my uncle, not everybody would be or should be tested for Infectious diseases when there is no known cure no matter how angry people are. Even if 80% of the population have been tested positive, it is not like everybody would be or should be quarantined in a negative flow room.

2. So far, there is ONLY Symptomatic treatment. Most viral disease, like influenza, symptomatic treatment is the only one available so far. which means, you cough, doctors prescribe cough medications (honestly, I've been coughing last month for three weeks and it finally stopped, all I've taken is Robitussin maximum strength and I have stayed home the whole time, so I don't give it to somebody else. ) ; you have high fever, they'd give you medications to reduce the fever, etc, etc. There is no known "cure" for this illness, your strong immune system is your best protection.

3. For any Infectious diseases, community efforts and common sense and or common courtesy are the keys. If everybody goes to the emergency or even their family doctors for any Respiratory symptoms, the The healthcare system would be so strained. what should you do to protect yourself because we are all really on our own?

a. Please stay home when you are sick (for my uncle, this is the most important thing, more important than washing hands lol) This means self isolation, this doesn't give you any permission to invite your friends over to have a wild party. Common courtesy and common sense, use it.

b. besides wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough, please disinfect your home, your car, your cell phone, and yes, even shopping bags. Don't touch elevator buttons, don't use public bathroom

c. STOP stressing over it because it is useless. Stress suppresses the immune system, which makes it easier for you to get sick and harder to fight off bugs

d. Stop hating the Asian community, many new cases come from Italy, Iran, (in another word: there would be more cases come from European countries, middle eastern countries, all over the world) so you cannot avoid the virus by avoiding the Asian community, although YOU should definitely avoid the large crowd.

e. Take OTC meds, if your symptoms DO NOT get better, then CALL the hospital or your doctor first before rushing into the emergency room. Just showing up will not help anybody.

Don't go to the church, God would understand. Sheesh, people.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:16 AM

39,097 posts, read 51,300,952 times
Quote:

P.S. And just btw, coughing into one's elbows is not b.s., and is the recommended way to handle a sneeze instead of coughing into one's hands. I don't know of anyone who touches anything with the inside of their elbows.
Take much stronger steps to socially distance themselves, order quarantines of cities and regions as China did. If we can't treat it medically then we have to treat the old fashioned way that we did in the plagues. But we need to know that there will be little help if we get sick to motivate the deniers. Lies from Trump and today Kudlow (go to work if you are sick) are going to make things worse. Information is the antidote to panic.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:19 AM

2,004 posts, read 765,071 times
Quote:
Good lord. So let the number of cases skyrocket, then we will get a clearer picture of the true mortality rate, which the percentages will obviously decrease.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:22 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,131,949 times
I hate to throw ice water on everyone's panic, but persons, young and old confirmed with CoVid-19 are being discharged well from hospitals daily.

If you have fever 100.0 and a dry cough give your doctor a call.

If you have any breathing problems call 911.

Practice good hygeine.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:23 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,096,287 times
Quote:
Agreed.

Donald Trump, who has zero experience or expertise in public health and pandemics, should not chime in with a "hunch" that disagrees factual information that has been put out by the World Health Organization.

For heavens sake...Trump said that some people with coronavirus would be okay going to work.

Where is a single Trump supporter -- JUST ONE -- that would agree Trump should let the career professionals with PhDs speak about the intricate details of the virus and not put out statements that contradict the CDC & WHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies