Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 08:24 AM

19,884 posts, read 9,437,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I just posted the following in another thread, I want to share this with you, hopefully, my post can help somebody.

I talked to my uncle who is an emergency room doctor couple of days ago, even though he said not to post anything on the internet because words could be easily taken out of context, I think I would still share what I know.
Thank you for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Take much stronger steps to socially distance themselves, order quarantines of cities and regions as China did. If we can't treat it medically then we have to treat the old fashioned way that we did in the plagues. But we need to know that there will be little help if we get sick to motivate the deniers. Lies from Trump and today Kudlow (go to work if you are sick) are going to make things worse. Information is the antidote to panic.
Thanks for responding because that does bring up a good point -- if people know that they might not get the help they need if they get sick, that might motivate them to do more preparation to help themselves (which I think is always a good thing, anyway). Also, if people know that this might turn into a major crisis situation, they might be more open to having some control measures imposed by the government.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:25 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,116,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
then your statement should have been 'sarah sanders believes', not 'trumpers believe'
In fighting back against impeachment, President Trump and his supporters like to point out that he was put into office by the votes of 63 million Americans. But according to some of his most ardent backers, the vote that counted was cast by God.--Yahoo News

Old 03-06-2020, 08:25 AM

39,302 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I hate to throw ice water on everyone's panic, but persons, young and old confirmed with CoVid-19 are being discharged well from hospitals daily.

If you have fever 100.0 and a dry cough give your doctor a call.

If you have any breathing problems call 911.

Practice good hygeine.
exactly!

Old 03-06-2020, 08:26 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agreed.

Donald Trump, who has zero experience or expertise in public health and pandemics, should not chime in with a "hunch" that disagrees factual information that has been put out by the World Health Organization.

For heavens sake...Trump said that some people with coronavirus would be okay going to work.

Where is a single Trump supporter -- JUST ONE -- that would agree Trump should let the career professionals with PhDs speak about the intricate details of the virus and not put out statements that contradict the CDC & WHO.
And all of his swamp hacks too. This morning Kudlow was out there saying Americans should continue to go to work with the virus raging in their communities. This is the same fool who a week ago said we have this locked down "air tight". Trump and his shills are lying to protect the stock market for political purposes.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:33 AM

2,004 posts, read 766,732 times
Quote:
And all of his swamp hacks too. This morning Kudlow was out there saying Americans should continue to go to work with the virus raging in their communities. This is the same fool who a week ago said we have this locked down "air tight". Trump and his shills are lying to protect the stock market for political purposes.
So Trump who gets briefed by the experts knows nothing, but Ponderosa who gets its information off the internet is the professional. Stop going to work, geeze, what a moron.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:38 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,617,763 times
Quote:
It's been here since the beginning. The reason we are "behind" is because we are behind in testing. It was circulating in our communities and we thought we were safe for the time being only because the CDC had no means of testing. If, in fact, we get testing out to our hospitals and providers this weekend, the numbers are going to skyrocket next week and a full fledged panic will ensue.
There is no evidence of this. We are expanding testing but positives are just trickling in.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:38 AM

19,884 posts, read 9,437,343 times
Quote:
Well, that I do disagree with you for people who have no indication that they are or might be sick. If people who are under 50 (at least) and who have no signs of the disease, what do you think would happen if no one goes to work? Who will ship, stock, and ring up such essentials as groceries? How is it going to help anyone if everyone stays home "just in case" when this pandemic will probably continue for months (or at least weeks)? How will it help anyone if most people use up all their savings? Should the government just support all those people indefinitely until the pandemic is completely over? (And that still doesn't answer the groceries problem I described.)

Yes, of course, people should most definitely stay home if they are sick or might be sick -- and, yes, people who can work from home should do so -- but let's be realistic here!

P.S. I would also suggest that maybe those over 60 who work but do not need to do so should consider either quitting or taking a leave of absence if their employers would allow them to do so (and especially if their jobs are nonessential). That is what I will be doing for myself if the number of those suspected to be infected in my state reach 1% of the population (and possibly before that point).

Last edited by katharsis; 03-06-2020 at 08:50 AM..

Old 03-06-2020, 08:42 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,459,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Trump was scheduled for a CDC visit today (Friday). It was just postponed with no future date given. Likely he was going to announce the new test kits, which are not ready like Pence said they would be.

The saying "No News is Good News" probably doesn't apply in this case. If there was good news to report, Trump would have been at the CDC making the announcement in front of the cameras.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/pre...L734DBIYZPFDY/

Trump postpones visit to CDC in Atlanta

Trump is no longer scheduled to visit Atlanta Friday. The president was expected to discuss his administration’s response to the coronavirus outbreak at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
His trip was cancelled because they thought someone at CDC might have the virus.

As it turned out the CDC employee tested negative.

Trip may be rescheduled.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:43 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, that I do disagree with you for people who have no indication that they are or might be sick. If people who are under 50 (at least) and who have no signs of the disease, what do you think would happen if no one goes to work. Who will ship, stock, and ring up such essentials as groceries? How is it going to help anyone if everyone stays home "just in case" when this pandemic will probably continue for months (or at least weeks)? How will it help anyone if most people use up all their savings? Should the government just support all those people indefinitely until the pandemic is completely over? (And, again, that still doesn't answer the groceries problem I described.)

Yes, of course, people should most definitely stay home if they are sick or might be sick -- and, yes, people who can work from home should do so, but let's be realistic here!
MY point is with respect to areas where health officials have recommended people stay home and not go to work or with business decisions to furlough workers or telecommute. Kudlow did not speak with clarity and, frankly, he should not have spoken at all. Let the health experts speak on this. Trump's praise chorus needs to shut up, because they are confusing everyone and making this worse than it otherwise would be. Let people like Brix and Fauci speak and the rest of them, including Pence and Kudlow and Mnuchin just nod their heads.

Part of my career involved disaster response in both the US and abroad. One surefire way we learned to have the populace out there with pitchforks and torches was to lie to them or not keep them informed. Honest, timely communication is RULE ONE.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:44 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,366,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
So Trump who gets briefed by the experts knows nothing, but Ponderosa who gets its information off the internet is the professional. Stop going to work, geeze, what a moron.
Yeah, shows just how stupid Trump is.

From the CDC website:

"...Stay home except to get medical care
People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis...."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...when-sick.html

It's pretty clear cut, if you have the virus, DO NOT GO TO WORK!!!!!!!

You can lead a RWNJ to expert advice, but you can't make him think.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-06-2020 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies