Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 10:42 AM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Who is going to bring food to the people that aren't stocked up for 21 days?
No one. Only the strong will survive.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:44 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsretired View Post
no one. Only the strong will survive.
lol

Old 03-06-2020, 10:44 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We should implement a mandatory 21 day home quarantine for everyone. It will hurt for a month but likely get this back under control.
Quote:
This is what China did in Wuhan and it has largely brought their epidemic under control. Local party officials were responsible for delivering food and other necessities.

Of course China is an authoritarian state. This would never work in the US. People have jobs to get to, bills to pay so they cannot go without working. We have no structure to deliver food, etc.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:45 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Right......no reason to go to the grocery store during rush hour when everyone and his brother is stopping by if you can go early am or late night when few people are there.

At some point, people have to apply common sense and take personal responsibility for deciding what precautions to take in order to keep themselves and their families safe both from the virus and from the segment of society that has no common sense or concept of personal responsibility.

Nothing is failsafe and perfection is not required. There is a huge middle ground of options.
Exactly. My plan is don’t panic, but don’t ignore. Do the simple things I can to avoid getting sick and also prepare to be at home for a couple weeks if I do. That’s all the control I have. Since I’m doing/have done these things, nothing more I can do except stay informed in case things change.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Welp, it started on the coasts....but is now moving inland.

Colorado has two cases of corona.

https://twitter.com/KDVR/status/1235982351584411649

Old 03-06-2020, 10:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think Americans should take the advice of health care experts and not Trump cabinet members. And I also think said cabinet members and Trump should shut up with their "hunches" and suggestions that disagree with those recommendations and scientific facts.
you didn't answer the question. do you think everyone should stop going to work?

if not, you agree with kudlow. as does everyone in possession of two or more neurons.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:48 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
This is what China did in Wuhan and it has largely brought their epidemic under control. Local party officials were responsible for delivering food and other necessities.

Of course China is an authoritarian state. This would never work in the US. People have jobs to get to, bills to pay so they cannot go without working. We have no structure to deliver food, etc.
Was reading where Wuhan residents had to make joint bulk food purchases, to be delivered and divided up.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Fox News chief national correspondent Ed Henry also noted while discussing Perry’s remarks that the Energy Secretary also “pointed out to me he believes Barack Obama was sent by God as well, for that moment and that time”, and that Perry “thinks at this moment and this time, Donald Trump was sent by God to do great things-

How about Fox News?
so you're up to two 'trumpers' now that fit your claim. and one of them said the same thing about obama?

whoah!

Old 03-06-2020, 10:51 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post

I agree it is not going to happen and is probably not workable even if it did.

I have arrangements with several friends if we need to deliver food or other sorts of help.

We already put my 85 year old mother in quarantine last week stocked up with food. But, perfect example where nothing is perfect.....she still has one dr appt that cannot be avoided.

I do think its a good idea for people at higher risk and those retired or otherwise who can stay home to just stay home as much as possible.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:52 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
There would have to be some kind of advance notice and also some kind of rationing and scheduling of shopping so that people would not go out all at once and clean out the shelves, but I don't see how that could be planned and implemented within a month or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies