Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 01:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,602,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How is it that we're such a rich nation, supposedly all that and a bag of chips, when other nations like South Korea, China, and Italy have been able to test at drastically greater volume than we are? And not only are we the richest, we also had the benefit of like two months of foresight into this situation. Epidemiologists and doctors are pointing out daily how we've dropped the ball on this.

Why isn't Trump's CDC appointee kicking some asses over there? Why isn't Trump? I think he realizes this is already a **** show, which is why he shoved Mike Pence into the spotlight to take the hit.

If you don't even have working capacity to test at scale, you're in the dark as to the real current scope of the problem you're trying to tackle. How can you be successful this way?

We are such a pathetic popsicle stand.
Yet, democrats want them to manage our entire healthcare system!

Old 03-06-2020, 01:29 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,269,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Plastic bottles are bad for the environment, however, you do feel much safer drinking bottled water versus boiled water because bottled water doesn't have any contaminants. Boiling water kills a lot of bacteria, however, it doesn't remove dissolved chemicals or particulates.

Honestly, this is just my own opinion and my own feeling, I feel boiling water is much better at this point. Plus, I drink a lot of grapefruit juice and I drink a mixed vegetable juice everyday. (horrible tasting, but you have to do what you have to do) My mixed vegetable combination is: green pepper, cabbage, eggplant, tomato, and garlic) lol

I am with you there, I don't care if they are out of bottled water.

Ironically, if shelves are empty of bottled water and municipal water supply is compromised, the next best thing might be to drink lots of Corona.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:30 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,745,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
well everyone seems to be saying the government is doing nothing...…. I would consider that something...…
and is it not the over 65 population most at risk to die?
You would think the younger people would be rejoicing about this as it would reduce the load on SSI....

Old 03-06-2020, 01:31 PM

1,086 posts, read 443,967 times
Default Here is a coronavirus test for you. Are you Black, Hispanic? You are fine

Racially, this resembles sars. East Asia, elderly, seem most susceptible. No data from Italy. Seems to be a real pattern here. No deaths on the continent of Africa with 1.3 billion people especially Sub-Saharan Africa. No panic buying in Latin America or eastern Europe.

seems to be a real pattern here.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1236001312296361984

Old 03-06-2020, 01:33 PM

39,321 posts, read 27,699,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Ironically, if shelves are empty of bottled water and municipal water supply is compromised, the next best thing might be to drink lots of Corona.
haha.

I do recommend grapefruit juice and orange juice.

I want my city-date friends (and that is all of you) to have more Vitamin C in our body!

Old 03-06-2020, 01:34 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,994,833 times
It's not Trump's or anyone's fault coronavirus exists. It is Trump's fault he didn't take swift, decisive action to stop its spread. Indeed, he actively resisted funding efforts for testing until Congress begged him to sign for it.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,708,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Most confirmed cases have been from clinical diagnosis not testing kits.
Your point, please? Is that confirmation that we likely have lots of less symptomatic individuals walking around spreading it?

Certainly clinical diagnosis is not going to catch thousands who don't feel the need to go to the hospital or even to the doctor?

Old 03-06-2020, 01:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,708,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's not Trump's or anyone's fault coronavirus exists. It is Trump's fault he didn't take swift, decisive action to stop its spread. Indeed, he actively resisted funding efforts for testing until Congress begged him to sign for it.
Well, he did eventually tell someone else to do it - which will allow him, as usual, to put any blame somewhere else. So there is that!

This, of course, was after he cut many government positions and agencies and funding which were supposed to help with such things.

As they say, better late than never.

Depending on your view you can give the Admin a D or an E on their total response....hard to give an F, although they appear not to give an F.

43,324 posts, read 18,440,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Your point, please? Is that confirmation that we likely have lots of less symptomatic individuals walking around spreading it?

Certainly clinical diagnosis is not going to catch thousands who don't feel the need to go to the hospital or even to the doctor?
That goes for any infection. Only those in serious conditions go to the doctor/hospital.
The rest....they just stay home til they feel better.

And yes, that goes for the seasonal flu as well.

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huh. but you claimed you said they lied when you did not say that.

does that mean you lied?

inquiring minds want to know..

this is light years from saying they lied:

Twist it as you want.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies