Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 10:58 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,220,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Google search “whats your point” and set it to gifs.

Just giving my boy a theme song. He can tell if your illegal just by looking at you... some jedi type ish
The force is strong with this one lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 11:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 598,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...rida/POP060210

I am surprised it is only 36% or 37% by what I have seen in much of California.

I have never been to Adelanto and Arvin where it's that high percentage of children under 18. But on my visits to Los Angeles many majority latino areas have 24/7 babies screaming with apartments with mothers pushing strollers with children in tow. Grocery store after grocery store in parts of LA full of screaming babies.

It certainly isn't like that in my visits to El Paso and Tampa's cuban section.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...s-strike/4633/

I know the news media in LA reported that overcrowded classrooms of 45 students with students sitting on window sills because the tremendous amount of babies that people have as a cultural tradition in Los Angeles.

Very common for the percentage of the population in many California cities that are majority latino to be in the mid and high 30s compared to the high 10s in heavily latino cities in Florida and mid 20s in El Paso and San Antonio.

I have always been floored and my jaw drops when I enter a heavily latino area in California with the number of babies that culturally it's a tradition to have. El Paso is a heavily latino city and only 26% are under 18 and in Miami and Hialeah it is 17%.

It is very interesting, how Arvin and Adelanto, California have 50% more children under 18 than latino cities like El Paso and more than twice as many children per-capita than Miami and Hialeah.

I know based on my time in LA, El Paso and in Florida in the Cuban sections of Tampa I have noticed a huge difference.

I can count on one hand the number of latinos I have seen in my trips to Los Angeles who were millennials who didn't have a stroller with several children in tow, while in El Paso and Tampa there are many latinos who seem to not have children.
Many second generation Hispanics and Latinos aren't speaking Spanish anymore - which is what those babies represent, so if you're not interested in learning Spanish, I think you'll be fine, in a crowd in whatever town you visit.

Old 03-02-2020, 12:27 PM

1,378 posts, read 738,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Many second generation Hispanics and Latinos aren't speaking Spanish anymore - which is what those babies represent, so if you're not interested in learning Spanish, I think you'll be fine, in a crowd in whatever town you visit.
Not entirely true..it does drop but its like 70% I think it maybe even 50.

Still dont know the point of this post. Is the OP just made that they are hooking up and they arnt?

Old 03-02-2020, 12:35 PM

18,471 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Might have more to do with different kinds of latins...very different cultures

Calif would be more Mexican/Central American...
...Florida more Cuban/South American/Caribbean

Old 03-02-2020, 01:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Might have more to do with different kinds of latins...very different cultures

Calif would be more Mexican/Central American...
...Florida more Cuban/South American/Caribbean
While this is true, it has more to do with age-structure. Mexico and Central America don't have high fertility rates, they do however have a younger population.
Fertility Rate
Mexico- 2.18
Cuba- 1.72
USA- 1.80
El Salvador- 2.08
Guatemala-2.97

Median Age
Cuba- 40.8
USA- 38.2
Mexico- 29.2
El Salvador- 27.6
Guatemala- 22.9

Old 03-02-2020, 01:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
I believe Lakewood Township NJ’d birthdate rivals that of Niger in Africa.

Fathers are more likely to devote their lives to religious studies than employment. Public assistance is a way of life for many.

Kiryas Joel, NY has the youngest median age population in the US and the highest poverty rate.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:57 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,220,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I believe Lakewood Township NJ’d birthdate rivals that of Niger in Africa.

Fathers are more likely to devote their lives to religious studies than employment. Public assistance is a way of life for many.

Kiryas Joel, NY has the youngest median age population in the US and the highest poverty rate.
Yep this is true. The Hasidic community is known for high fertility rates and high usage of welfare. A whole lot of welfare fraud as well.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:59 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,340 times
The left cares about climate change while coddling latino immigrants with astronomical birth rates.
Stupid.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:02 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,340 times
Mexicans practice monogamy more but because of catholocism and the machismo culture have more children. Their devotion to family is a positive but the overpopulation must end.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Mexicans practice monogamy more but because of catholocism and the machismo culture have more children. Their devotion to family is a positive but the overpopulation must end.
What about Mormons and evangelical Christians like the Quiverfulls?

Not to mention Chasidic Jews?

They have large families, probably larger than that of Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies